ForceMaster PvE guide - Basics of Burn build and more, for beginners :)

SoWutBruh

Hi :) If you are looking at this, you are probably a new/inexperienced FM looking for what the hell to do with all of his skill points, and trying to figure out the class you looked in to :)

Well I go by the name "Multiple Blaze" on Eu server Ebon Hall, am a lvl 50 HM8 FM currently and I am here to help you learn to play and enjoy your class properly.

FM is the #1 constant Dps class in B&S, though I'm sure someone will argue :^) 
So, let's start with the skills that you need to know about, and in what situations to use them. 

Here is a basic build for lvl 50 HM1, before you reach this level, any sort of skills will work just fine. Click me for build!

First of all, lets go with your Stances. There is Fire Stance and Ice Stance. You switch between them by preferably using your LmB and RmB (left and right mouse button) skills, Blazing Palm and Frost Palm.  
You can also use your Q and E skills, Blaze and Frost Step (which is not recommended because of long cooldown and you use them to survive).
so each stance has its own set of skills, Fire stance is primary Dps stance and Frost is mostly for defenses or crowd control (stuns, freezes etc).

Blazing Palm is a skill used to Animation cancel* (more on that later) other skills, along with Frost Palm. 

Blazing Palm applies an Ember stack, does damage and gives you an Fire Orbit on critical hit (more on that later) its important to put 3 points in this skill to tier 3 stage 1, if you put 4 points you will end up Detonating Ember stacks and that is a big no-no for every serious non-troll Force Master :). 

Frost Palm does damage and gives you an Ice Orbit on critical hit.

Fire And Frost Fury are 3 rapid fire hits (on your F key). that you can only use when your Blazing or Frost palm Crits. So, crit on Blazing Palm, you can use Fire Fury (Do not use this, it is a very big dps drop) and if you crit on Frost Palm, you can use frost fury (use this if you are low on hp and your potion is on cooldown, it will restore some of your hp). 

Next is Fire and Ice Orbit Skills. So, your Blazing and Frost palm (LmB and RmB) give you Fire or Ice Orbit when they crit, you can have up to 3 orbits at the time of each one (3 Ice, 3 Fire). 
when you have 3 Fire Orbits you can use skill called Dragon Blaze, this skill gives you a 15 sec. Fire buff that enhances damage on all of your fire skills, and its important to use it when its available. (It enhances your Fire Damage by around ~4%)
When you have 3 Ice orbits you can use a skill called Dragon Frost. This skill recovers 5 focus and is mostly used for that. 

Now... the big hit skill, Dual Dragons. You need to use this skill as soon as possible every time its off cooldown (18 sec). It consumes 3 Fire and 3 Ice orbits. 
During a Warlock's Party buff called Soulburn, you will get access to Awakened Dual Dragons. They have no cooldown and they consume only one Fire and Ice orbit. So when you have that buff, you will have wings on your back and you just spam LmB - RmB - F to do all the dmg. 

Now that we got basic skills out of the way, now we go in to your Bread and Butter skills, that you will be using most of the time to do massive dmg. 
Force Blast[1] is your Burn Skill. When boss/mob has 5 EMBER stacks, that are stacked up from other fire skills that you have, use Force Blast. It will apply a 6 sec debuff on the enemy. That debuff is called Burn. it enhances your:

Blazing beam, the Skill that makes FM what they are - Dps beasts. This skill does massive amount of damage and this dmg is increased A LOT when enemy has Burn debuff on them. That is the basic of burn build. Keeping up the burn with your Force Blast and using Blazing beam to do dmg.

Next skill is Glacial Beam. This is basically a Stun.. that is all you need to know :^), and it can stun bosses in 1 hit instead of 2 hits that takes some other classes, because we FMs are swag like that :^) 

Next skill is Phantom Grip. You use it to grip enemies like you're Darth Vader or pull downed allies if they are in danger zone. Now... this is how you spec it for now but in few months a Hongmoon skill comes out.. which is basically my name.. Multiple Blaze. It is THE HIGHEST dmg skill in whole game. (not kidding [Proof]). And that is a go-to, once NCSoft decides to release it already >.> ...
I will skip over skills that are not important, this is already too long :)

Next , is INFERNO[X], it applies massive damage, and burn for 6 sec. It's important to use it on instant cast, otherwise you will just lose dmg that you could do with other skills. 
next is Short Fuse. Basically a damage over time skill, but its mostly used to apply a 10 sec burn. 
Next is Meteor Shower.. its just a big Damage in aoe.. use when its off cooldown. 

Next. Defensive skills. (Ice Stance)
C is your Divine Veil. It is a shield that blocks all incoming projectiles for 15 sec and heals you.. for each projectile blocked. Use it on special boss mechanics or just to heal up. It also heals you 15% over time, so it's just a good use once your HP reaches around 70%.

Next- Frost Sheath.. now this is one where most Force Masters *cricket* up. It is a skill that turns you and your allies in to pop sickles for up to 5 sec, making you invincible to damage. But it has 30 sec GLOBAL cooldown, meaning when one FM uses this in your party, no other FM can use it for 30 sec. 
Next and final one is your Frost armor... during ice stance you press [Tab] and that is your Panic button.. you are invincible to EVERYTHING for 10 sec. Absolutely everything.  

Now.. lets go over your Rotations.. 
Basically you want to keep up Burn and spam Blazing Beam..  but.. it cant be that simple right? No.. its not that simple. 

First of all, Animation Canceling (in further text, Ani-Cancel):

Force Master's Ani-Cancel is on a very basic level. You Ani-Cancel by pressing RmB and LmB.. Frost- and Blazing Palm. See.. most of Force Master's skills have a global short cooldown.. meaning if you use for example blazing beam, you can't use meteor shower for little bit less than 1 sec. So that is where your Lmb and Rmb come in.

Basically to Ani-Cancel, and do rotation (in middle of boss fight) you go like:

(assuming boss has 5 ember stacks already) you use Force Blast[1] to explode 5 ember stacks and apply burn, [RmB] [LmB]- [2]- [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] and so on until Burn debuff runs out, and then you press [1] again and keep up the burn and repeat.. there are other things to keep in mind. Dragonblaze buff for example. When you have 3 Fire Orbits you use Dragonblaze. (Which, told from before, enhances fire damage by ~4%) 

Complete rotation could look something like this: Fire stance - [C] (Short Fuse) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [2]- [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [X] (Inferno) - *use Dual dragons if you have 3 Ice- and Fire Orbits* - [RmB] [LmB] - [V] (Meteor Shower) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [Lmb] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [1] (Force Blast) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] and keep spamming [RmB] [LmB] [2] until other skills are off cooldown, and keep burn up with Force Blast :) 
That would be all for now.

Enjoy your FM action, peace :)

NOTE: its very important to NOT use Blazing palm with Tier 4 Stage 1, 4 points down... That is the infamous Auto-Detonate tree... it makes it so that as soon as enemy has 5 ember stacks, it Detonates them, dealing extra dmg and removing them, thus disabling ability to keep up burn with ForceBlast... this is a big no-no for every fm, and other fm's will look at you with apsolute hatred if you do that, so, dont do it, put just 3 points :) that would be all for now, expect a video of me dps-ing on a dummy later today/tommorow, and enjoy your fm action, peace :)

EDIT :Sry for how walltexty this guide is :/ my first time making something like that. EDIT2: i decided not to use my own video, since this one works just as well, but i explained it a bit more beginner friendly [BnS: Force Master lvl50 PvE Guide and Rotation with "Burn Build"] :)

Nice guide !

If I may give you some advice: Edit your post with MORE structur... it's kind of difficult to read...

Then for the DPS cycle, i'll recommend you to use:

Cycle:

RMB LMB - X (Inferno) --> Apply burn

LMB RMB - 2 --> Until you get 3 Fire orbs /or no longer Focus

F (Dragon blaze or Fire Fury --> Dragon blaze) --> Apply the fire buff

C (Short Fuse) - V (Meteor Shower) --> Apply burn and your Meteors deal the maximum damage (with the Fire buff)

LMB RMB - 2 - 1 (when needed for Burn) - F (when available with Dual dragon / Dragon Blaze)

My Build:

50Hm1 : Burn Build

50Hm7 : Burn Build

22 hours ago, SoWutBruh said:

Hi :) If you are looking at this, you are probably a new/inexperienced FM looking for what the hell to do with all of his skill points, and trying to figure out the class you looked in to :)

Well I go by the name "Multiple Blaze" on Eu server Ebon Hall, am a lvl 50 HM8 FM currently and I am here to help you learn to play and enjoy your class properly.

FM is the #1 constant Dps class in B&S, though I'm sure someone will argue :^) 
So, let's start with the skills that you need to know about, and in what situations to use them. 

Here is a basic build for lvl 50 HM1, before you reach this level, any sort of skills will work just fine. Click me for build!

First of all, lets go with your Stances. There is Fire Stance and Ice Stance. You switch between them by preferably using your LmB and RmB (left and right mouse button) skills, Blazing Palm and Frost Palm.  
You can also use your Q and E skills, Blaze and Frost Step (which is not recommended because of long cooldown and you use them to survive).
so each stance has its own set of skills, Fire stance is primary Dps stance and Frost is mostly for defenses or crowd control (stuns, freezes etc).

Blazing Palm is a skill used to Animation cancel* (more on that later) other skills, along with Frost Palm. 

Blazing Palm applies an Ember stack, does damage and gives you an Fire Orbit on critical hit (more on that later) its important to put 3 points in this skill to tier 3 stage 1, if you put 4 points you will end up Detonating Ember stacks and that is a big no-no for every serious non-troll Force Master :). 

Frost Palm does damage and gives you an Ice Orbit on critical hit.

Fire And Frost Fury are 3 rapid fire hits (on your F key). that you can only use when your Blazing or Frost palm Crits. So, crit on Blazing Palm, you can use Fire Fury (Do not use this, it is a very big dps drop) and if you crit on Frost Palm, you can use frost fury (use this if you are low on hp and your potion is on cooldown, it will restore some of your hp). 

Next is Fire and Ice Orbit Skills. So, your Blazing and Frost palm (LmB and RmB) give you Fire or Ice Orbit when they crit, you can have up to 3 orbits at the time of each one (3 Ice, 3 Fire). 
when you have 3 Fire Orbits you can use skill called Dragon Blaze, this skill gives you a 15 sec. Fire buff that enhances damage on all of your fire skills, and its important to use it when its available. (It enhances your Fire Damage by around ~4%)
When you have 3 Ice orbits you can use a skill called Dragon Frost. This skill recovers 5 focus and is mostly used for that. 

Now... the big hit skill, Dual Dragons. You need to use this skill as soon as possible every time its off cooldown (18 sec). It consumes 3 Fire and 3 Ice orbits. 
During a Warlock's Party buff called Soulburn, you will get access to Awakened Dual Dragons. They have no cooldown and they consume only one Fire and Ice orbit. So when you have that buff, you will have wings on your back and you just spam LmB - RmB - F to do all the dmg. 

Now that we got basic skills out of the way, now we go in to your Bread and Butter skills, that you will be using most of the time to do massive dmg. 
Force Blast[1] is your Burn Skill. When boss/mob has 5 EMBER stacks, that are stacked up from other fire skills that you have, use Force Blast. It will apply a 6 sec debuff on the enemy. That debuff is called Burn. it enhances your:

Blazing beam, the Skill that makes FM what they are - Dps beasts. This skill does massive amount of damage and this dmg is increased A LOT when enemy has Burn debuff on them. That is the basic of burn build. Keeping up the burn with your Force Blast and using Blazing beam to do dmg.

Next skill is Glacial Beam. This is basically a Stun.. that is all you need to know :^), and it can stun bosses in 1 hit instead of 2 hits that takes some other classes, because we FMs are swag like that :^) 

Next skill is Phantom Grip. You use it to grip enemies like you're Darth Vader or pull downed allies if they are in danger zone. Now... this is how you spec it for now but in few months a Hongmoon skill comes out.. which is basically my name.. Multiple Blaze. It is THE HIGHEST dmg skill in whole game. (not kidding [Proof]). And that is a go-to, once NCSoft decides to release it already >.> ...
I will skip over skills that are not important, this is already too long :)

Next , is INFERNO[X], it applies massive damage, and burn for 6 sec. It's important to use it on instant cast, otherwise you will just lose dmg that you could do with other skills. 
next is Short Fuse. Basically a damage over time skill, but its mostly used to apply a 10 sec burn. 
Next is Meteor Shower.. its just a big Damage in aoe.. use when its off cooldown. 

Next. Defensive skills. (Ice Stance)
C is your Divine Veil. It is a shield that blocks all incoming projectiles for 15 sec and heals you.. for each projectile blocked. Use it on special boss mechanics or just to heal up. It also heals you 15% over time, so it's just a good use once your HP reaches around 70%.

Next- Frost Sheath.. now this is one where most Force Masters *cricket* up. It is a skill that turns you and your allies in to pop sickles for up to 5 sec, making you invincible to damage. But it has 30 sec GLOBAL cooldown, meaning when one FM uses this in your party, no other FM can use it for 30 sec. 
Next and final one is your Frost armor... during ice stance you press [Tab] and that is your Panic button.. you are invincible to EVERYTHING for 10 sec. Absolutely everything.  

Now.. lets go over your Rotations.. 
Basically you want to keep up Burn and spam Blazing Beam..  but.. it cant be that simple right? No.. its not that simple. 

First of all, Animation Canceling (in further text, Ani-Cancel):

Force Master's Ani-Cancel is on a very basic level. You Ani-Cancel by pressing RmB and LmB.. Frost- and Blazing Palm. See.. most of Force Master's skills have a global short cooldown.. meaning if you use for example blazing beam, you can't use meteor shower for little bit less than 1 sec. So that is where your Lmb and Rmb come in.

Basically to Ani-Cancel, and do rotation (in middle of boss fight) you go like:

(assuming boss has 5 ember stacks already) you use Force Blast[1] to explode 5 ember stacks and apply burn, [RmB] [LmB]- [2]- [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] and so on until Burn debuff runs out, and then you press [1] again and keep up the burn and repeat.. there are other things to keep in mind. Dragonblaze buff for example. When you have 3 Fire Orbits you use Dragonblaze. (Which, told from before, enhances fire damage by ~4%) 

Complete rotation could look something like this: Fire stance - [C] (Short Fuse) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [2]- [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [X] (Inferno) - *use Dual dragons if you have 3 Ice- and Fire Orbits* - [RmB] [LmB] - [V] (Meteor Shower) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] - [RmB] [Lmb] - [2] - [RmB] [LmB] - [1] (Force Blast) - [RmB] [LmB] - [2] and keep spamming [RmB] [LmB] [2] until other skills are off cooldown, and keep burn up with Force Blast :) 
That would be all for now.

Enjoy your FM action, peace :)

NOTE: its very important to NOT use Blazing palm with Tier 4 Stage 1, 4 points down... That is the infamous Auto-Detonate tree... it makes it so that as soon as enemy has 5 ember stacks, it Detonates them, dealing extra dmg and removing them, thus disabling ability to keep up burn with ForceBlast... this is a big no-no for every fm, and other fm's will look at you with apsolute hatred if you do that, so, dont do it, put just 3 points :) that would be all for now, expect a video of me dps-ing on a dummy later today/tommorow, and enjoy your fm action, peace :)

EDIT :Sry for how walltexty this guide is :/ my first time making something like that. EDIT2: i decided not to use my own video, since this one works just as well, but i explained it a bit more beginner friendly [BnS: Force Master lvl50 PvE Guide and Rotation with "Burn Build"] :)

I tried to clean it up a bit.

And also, I (personally) wouldn't use Blazing Palm T3S1. It decreases the damage that you would get if you had T3S2 or T5S2 + decreased Dps from Fire Fury.

Welp, it's my personal opinion anyway.

Btw, there's a downside of Multiple Blaze. Once you cast it, you can't move nor use any other skills AND once you get hit it's over, light show is over and you have a CD of 1 min on your lovely skill. But you probably have 5 sec to use it in PvE.

13 hours ago, oZackisu said:

I tried to clean it up a bit.

And also, I (personally) wouldn't use Blazing Palm T3S1. It decreases the damage that you would get if you had T3S2 or T5S2 + decreased Dps from Fire Fury.

Welp, it's my personal opinion anyway.

Btw, there's a downside of Multiple Blaze. Once you cast it, you can't move nor use any other skills AND once you get hit it's over, light show is over and you have a CD of 1 min on your lovely skill. But you probably have 5 sec to use it in PvE.

ty :D

Thank you for the guide! I am thinking of trying the FM on June 22nd as a potential co-main, but a quick question: do I need the Very Special HM skills for it, and can I just be okay with the one from the Royal Zen bean? Trying to decide between an FM and a WL. That's a deciding factor as far as I can think of.

15 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Thank you for the guide! I am thinking of trying the FM on June 22nd as a potential co-main, but a quick question: do I need the Very Special HM skills for it, and can I just be okay with the one from the Royal Zen bean? Trying to decide between an FM and a WL. That's a deciding factor as far as I can think of.

one from zen bean is just bad... 

you can do fine without hm skills, but i suggest at least getting the lmb one, with hm pill and all that other food.

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 0:31 AM, SoWutBruh said:

you can do fine without hm skills, but i suggest at least getting the lmb one, with hm pill and all that other food.

TY for the reply! I will level an FM then. I really do not think I can get any HM books save for the one that comes from the direct conversion from the Zen beans. :)

Just browsed through and asked myself: How is this a basic Burn-Build guide?

If you want a decent Burn-Build, use that one.

You normally start by applying Burn with Instaferno, then using Fire Fury for the Dragonblaze-Buff while continuing with Meteor. Use Frost Fury only for Dual Dragons; also: Only use Short Fuse mainly for focus-recovery, since you'll mainly apply Burn with Force Blast.

Then, you normally start using Blazing Beam (which is your primary dmg-skill) and LMB/RMB for bonus-dmg and animation-cancel. Make sure to use the LMB-version with bonus-dmg on a burned enemy - especially if you have the HM-version unlocked. Never - I repeat: NEVER - use the Autodetonation-version. You only make other FMs mad that way and screw up your own DpS.

Repeat 2/LMB/RMB (always watch out to re-apply Burn with 1) until you have to re-apply the Dragonblaze-Buff again; keep Instaferno, Meteor and Dual Dragons on CD.

That's all you need to know to do some decent dmg. If you want to spend more skillpoints, you may use them for support-skills and CC. I recommend at least Frost Armor Tier 2 (either Stage 2 or 3) and these skills, though how you spend your points is actually up to you.

8 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Just browsed through and asked myself: How is this a basic Burn-Build guide?

If you want a decent Burn-Build, use that one.

You normally start by applying Burn with Instaferno, then using Fire Fury for the Dragonblaze-Buff while continuing with Meteor. Use Frost Fury only for Dual Dragons; also: Only use Short Fuse mainly for focus-recovery, since you'll mainly apply Burn with Force Blast.

Then, you normally start using Blazing Beam (which is your primary dmg-skill) and LMB/RMB for bonus-dmg and animation-cancel. Make sure to use the LMB-version with bonus-dmg on a burned enemy - especially if you have the HM-version unlocked. Never - I repeat: NEVER - use the Autodetonation-version. You only make other FMs mad that way and screw up your own DpS.

Repeat 2/LMB/RMB (always watch out to re-apply Burn with 1) until you have to re-apply the Dragonblaze-Buff again; keep Instaferno, Meteor and Dual Dragons on CD.

That's all you need to know to do some decent dmg. If you want to spend more skillpoints, you may use them for support-skills and CC. I recommend at least Frost Armor Tier 2 (either Stage 2 or 3) and these skills, though how you spend your points is actually up to you.

this is literally just a variation of what is said in first post.. and even tho repeated MULTIPLE TIMES.. this is a BEGINNER GUIDE... no beginner will have hm lmb right from the start... this is the apsolute basic, something that a fresh lvl 50 should do to get in to the actual class.. 

also, i love how u put 3 points in to blazing beam and 2 points in to meteor shower, while that extra point does esentially same thing :^) cuz logic overwhelming

21 minutes ago, SoWutBruh said:

this is literally just a variation of what is said in first post.. and even tho repeated MULTIPLE TIMES.. this is a BEGINNER GUIDE... no beginner will have hm lmb right from the start... this is the apsolute basic, something that a fresh lvl 50 should do to get in to the actual class.. 

also, i love how u put 3 points in to blazing beam and 2 points in to meteor shower, while that extra point does esentially same thing :^) cuz logic overwhelming

It actually isn't. In your 50/1-Build, you recommended not putting any skillpoints into Fire Fury and you also used the LMB-version without bonus-dmg. In a decent Burn-Build though, you want to specc out every skill which distributes bonus-dmg while the opponent suffers from Burn-Debuff. That means T3S2-Flame Palm, T3-Fire Fury and T2(/3)S3-Blazing Beam. Using skillpoints for Frost Fury is pretty much irrelevant; that skill is for HP-regeneration and for Dual Dragons only. Also: While it's true that T3S3-Blazing Beam has the same effect as T3S2-Meteor Shower, Blazing Beam is actually spammable while Meteor Shower is not. That's a huge difference.

I don't intend to offend you, but your guide has some weaknesses which should be adressed.

On 6/6/2016 at 7:54 PM, KhaosThanathan said:

It actually isn't. In your 50/1-Build, you recommended not putting any skillpoints into Fire Fury and you also used the LMB-version without bonus-dmg. In a decent Burn-Build though, you want to specc out every skill which distributes bonus-dmg while the opponent suffers from Burn-Debuff. That means T3S2-Flame Palm, T3-Fire Fury and T2(/3)S3-Blazing Beam. Using skillpoints for Frost Fury is pretty much irrelevant; that skill is for HP-regeneration and for Dual Dragons only. Also: While it's true that T3S3-Blazing Beam has the same effect as T3S2-Meteor Shower, Blazing Beam is actually spammable while Meteor Shower is not. That's a huge difference.

I don't intend to offend you, but your guide has some weaknesses which should be adressed.

and again, that is just different opinion.. see.. fire fury is just a dps loss.. and its used to stack fire orbs if you have blaze palm in middle tree with bonus damage , so when you stack orbs u can keep buff up or use dual dragons, but if you put 3 points in to left tree, it stacks fire orbs, without spamming fire fury, making it easier job to keep buff, or just spam lmb rmb F when under soulburn. which i think is better for a new player. and even if that blazing beam is spammable, that one extra point is useless.

3 hours ago, SoWutBruh said:

and again, that is just different opinion.. see.. fire fury is just a dps loss.. and its used to stack fire orbs if you have blaze palm in middle tree with bonus damage , so when you stack orbs u can keep buff up or use dual dragons, but if you put 3 points in to left tree, it stacks fire orbs, without spamming fire fury, making it easier job to keep buff, or just spam lmb rmb F when under soulburn. which i think is better for a new player. and even if that blazing beam is spammable, that one extra point is useless.

Yes, Fire Fury isn't as strong as Blazing Beam and Flame Palm, but you only need to use it every 15 seconds for the Dragonblaze-Buff and for Dual Dragons anyway. Your justification for using T3S1-Flame Palm is rather weak that way. Dual Dragons isn't such a strong skill anyway considering its fairly high CD of 18 seconds. Also: Solely building up your skills around one buff with a fairly short duration is extremely short-sighted; sure: you do insane amounts of damage by spamming Awakened Dual Dragons, but in the long term, you loose a lot of DPS since the bonus-dmg from T5S2-Flame Palm (or even T4S2) adds up to high amounts of damage. T3S1-Flame Palm also requires a Warlock in your party to be at least somewhat useful.

This is assuming fresh 50 without HM skills yet.

In regards to flame palm

T3F2 will be a better choice than T3F1, mainly because they are pretty much the same skill except that T3F2 have additional burn damage and T3F1 has create flame orbits. Since you are constantly using flame palm, it makes up for a good bit of your damage, any additional damage on it is welcomed. Creating flame orbits does not help you do more damage directly, though it does help with having dragon skills up. That said, fire fury is a better choice when it comes to stacking flame orbits which we will get into.

In regards to fire fury

It does decent damage if you put points into it, and it can help trigger on hit effects, making focus management much easier. It's not meant to be used as a damage skill but as a means to instantly stack 3 orbs for dragon skills. The damage loss of using this is compensated by the fact that T3F2 flame palm does additional damage than T3F1, even more so when HM skill is involved.

In regards to starting with instant inferno and short fuse

Inferno does extra damage with stacks of ember on the target. Short fuse applies burn on the target for 10 seconds, along with other useful debuffs onto the target. Why wouldn't you use it, skip having to use force blast for at least 10 seconds (since without HM skill, force blast is a dps loss) and when you have 5 ember stacks, detonate with inferno. Of course, this will change with you get the force blast HM skill. Even then it's still worth to use short fuse as it does the same damage per execution time as blazing beam.

In regards to soul burn

You shouldn't base your basic rotation on a short duration buff that has a long CD

In regards to specing meteor or blazing to stack more ember

Blazing beam is a better choice, since it's also on the way to the HM skill which reduces CD of dual dragons each time it's used. But quite simply, since they both does the same thing, which ever one procs more is more beneficial, and in this case, you spam blazing beam more.

In regards to windstorm

You should use windstorm, but you shouldn't use it every time you can. You should spec into additional damage on grabbed, grappled or phantom gripped enemies and use it when the condition is met. Throw a short fuse onto the target and enjoy 10 seconds of pure windstorming.

33 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Been having a doubt on detonating ember stacks: I know it's best not to spec Blazing Palm to autodetonate them, but in which situations is actually advised to detonate at all besides insta Inferno? None?

Practically never. I tried different setups and it's still useless. Even if you spec your fire skills to create much more ember it's shit. HM burn LMB is by far better.

Theoretically you can auto-detonate if there is more than 1 fm in your Group but they have to perfectly time their guaranted burn skills so you don't need 1 to burn the enemy. But even then, the damage from detonate is absolutely shit and not worth to risk a single failed 1 usage (especially with Hm skill).

Yeah, been having that doubt ever since I got enough SP to spect Short Fuse into being able to detonating it with Flame Reap... figured it would be better to never detonate that one. Just making sure it's the right decision.

The only time that you would want to use auto det is when you have more than 1 FM and none of the FMs have HM impact or HM LMB. As soon as even one of those FM have HM impact or HM LMB, it becomes lower overall group dps. Even when all the conditions for using it are met, you'd need to communicate with the other person to rotate your CDs that applies burn, mainly inferno and short fuse. If it falls off for more than 5 seconds, it's lower overall dps.

I tried detonating short fuse but the CD and ani-lock (not sure if that's because I'm not ani-cancelling properly or not but it doesn't seem to be able to be cancelled) makes it not worth it, you'd be far better off with detonating it with HM impact or, barring that, using it for blazing beam.

• 2 months later...

As a lower level fm I'm really confused as to how you'd maintain focus , seeing as you're constantly losing 2 focus on your blazing beam. Sure you're generating one with your flame Palm, but that goes away to regenerate the frost Palm cost. So how do you regenerate focus enough to constantly maintain the rotation. There's no way to get 2 focus back on your lmb right? And is there any gem that recovers focus on crit. What's a good crit chance to have for this if that is true

It's definitely easier with more crit because your LMB will regenerate 1 add. focus on crit.

While short fuse is in use, you will have endless focus.

You can manually generate focus by using dragonfrost or dual dragons. (If you are below lv. 45, you can't use that.) Spec your RMB to at least 1 Point on right side to generate ice orbs for dragonfrost.

You can spec your snowball to frost tornado but I don't use it.

You weapon proc can generate up to 100% focus.

In early levels it's harder because of lower crit and lower weapon proc. Just don't use RMB if you run out of focus.

33 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

It's definitely easier with more crit because your LMB will regenerate 1 add. focus on crit.

While short fuse is in use, you will have endless focus.

You can manually generate focus by using dragonfrost or dual dragons. (If you are below lv. 45, you can't use that.) Spec your RMB to at least 1 Point on right side to generate ice orbs for dragonfrost.

You can spec your snowball to frost tornado but I don't use it.

You weapon proc can generate up to 100% focus.

In early levels it's harder because of lower crit and lower weapon proc. Just don't use RMB if you run out of focus.

I didn't see in any of the lmb specs that you can get 1 additional focus off of crit

On 8/21/2016 at 6:00 AM, TecoTek said:

Guys what is actually the basic rotation for FM?

RMB>LMB>2 ? cuz thats what im am using atm, but there is always a weird gap between lmb and 2 :/

Or doesnt it matter if i use RMB>LMB or LMB>RMB?

It doesn't matter if you use LMB > RMB or RMB > LMB. The weird gap in 2 is because its GCD is 1, where as LMB and RMB GCD is 0.5.

8 hours ago, Racingwind said:

It doesn't matter if you use LMB > RMB or RMB > LMB. The weird gap in 2 is because its GCD is 1, where as LMB and RMB GCD is 0.5.

ah ic, well i always have the feeling that other FMs dont have that weird gap ...

Archived