Soooo, I Quit, for now, I guess!

Tupac Shakur

I don't really like drawing attention to myself, and I don't want to make this into a typical "I am quitting" thread, but too late, I'm already typing it! and since I technically haven't quit, I just don't actually play the game anymore and only log in every week or so to check if there's any new outfits to spend my hongmoon coins on and speak to a few friends. :P 

Would be cool if I could play this game though, it's a great game, but a few reasons as to why I no longer play (even though nobody cares, it's good to give feedback:) 

• Gear progression is a big, expensive grind forcing PvP (even if it's technically PvE in a PvP setting, still.) for soulstones, moonstones etc etc. 
  • The 'Pay to win/pay to progress' methods and events.
  • Badly optimization for my drivers, causing 5-20 fps on average and most of all on the lowest settings, even after multiple re-installs, overclocking, switching OS etc while other bigger online games run smoother.
  • The anti-social community, toxic players (I know you can't escape them,) elitists and unrealistic ego-fueled players who put unrealistic AP requirements on their dungeon group recruitment. I played this game for about... hmmm.. 3-5 months, and only ever met about 4 actual "friends," with just 1 of them adding me off of the game, like on Skype, to keep in-touch. :P That's surprising to me, anyway - as I am quite a social person, oh well.
  • Bots, Hackers, Gold spammers.
  • PvP. It's pretty much whoever hits first and gets a number of seemingly-endless combos off; wins. Open world PvP = Whoever spent the most gold; wins.
  • Content being brought out too quickly.
  • Hongmoon skills.
  • The way you sort of float when colliding with objects/scenery and lag when jumping and gliding from a platform, basically the game engine, I guess.
  • The way you also can't exactly freely explore the world without being stopped by invisible walls.
  • No Battlegrounds that scale everyone's stats like in Arena.
  • The fact that you can't whisper friends/players WHILE in cross-server dungeons/outside lobby....

What I do love about the game though:

• The story/quests/lore. 
  • Combat in general (just not really PvP, even though I love PvP on most other games)
  • Visuals/scenery, art, architecture.
  • Gliding/Windwalking.
  • Currency Exchange. Getting outfits with Hongmoon coins from Gold, is great.
  • Crafting.
  • Leveling, skill book system.
  • No actual armor, just wear any outfit you want.
  • Making gold.
  • Character Creation and outfits. LOVE THEM.
  • Bubs! (As Joanna would say)
  • And other things that haven't come to mind.

Respect

I feel you. Especially with the anti-social community part. It's really starting to bug me. Thankfully the storyline and quests have kept me preoccupied for most of the time. I'm sorry you are quitting but I can't blame you. They are all legit points. Right now, for me, the good still outweighs the bad.

I tested the theory of antisocial people in instance matching dungeons the other day, I found that simply saying 'Hi' at the start of an instance and initiating chat brought out so many friendly players - ok some didnt talk - but you would be surprised how many people enjoyed chatting away and having a joke while playing with strangers. And it was weird cuz I got a bunch of friend requests too - I think people are scared to be the one to initiate chat..I have no such fear and in other games I remember at the start of a dungeon people used to at least always say 'Hello' - so now I go into instances with a mindset to encourage people to chat if they like. Met some really nice people - I recommend trying it!

Ont he subject of you leaving, sorry you feel that way, I felt the same about a game I left because it was poorly optimized, but in my case, BnS runs really smoothly, so i'll definitely be staying here. 

I hear you on the bad optimization part.  It was frustrating trying to get it to run on my old system.  It's running much better now that I got a new PC, but they could have worked on it the optimization a bit more.

I can't speak on the other parts as I had to stop playing February and only started playing again a week or two ago when two of my IRL friends started playing. 

53 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Yay no more troll Tupac posts

He had some good points and you call him troll. A can add one point, toxic idiots.

Your god, BNS, is not perfect bro.

• This is how mmos worked for a loooong time, they update the game half a year or so ofc u will have to do something in those 6 months (aka play more or less grind, and this game does quite well in this aspect, because Koreans need to "learn" the dungeon first, which can take a while especially those 24 man dungeons, but we get "this" for free by watching a ... video guide). Almost every game had pvp + pve and this game doesnt even force u do do pvp because u can buy pvp materials from the market... I still cant understand why ppl started separating pvp and pve in this game...  Other mmos didnt have that, you rised lvl to do more pve or pvp.
  • Doesn't really concern you or anyone who is free to play. This is how the EU/NA mentality works now, you dont want to pay 10+ euro a month, but you definitely want to play the game. Me myself never spend a penny on this game Im on 600+ AP by playing 1-4h a day.
  • Drivers is a tricky stuff, its like forcing everyone to use roman digits for numbers except not everyone wants to use them.
  • Anti social community is common at this time, look at youtube, other forums, games u will see rage rage rage elite kappa kappa, BnS cant solve this problem by being BnS its a world wide problem.
  • Again u cant protect the game from bots and hackers, even large companies get penetrated by hackers, because you only need one "hole" to do it and X man hours to fix THAT ONE HOLE and there can be gazillion of other holes. Other games just dont have as many people "looking for them". Gold selling - EU/NA mentality (why farm if I can buy it).
  • I tought that too, but this game just has a very steep learning curve for pvp, as you can see pro players dont win by hitting first. I do agree that open world pvp is f. upped, but that's just a drawback from arena balanced system.
  • Content is not brought up too quickly, noone is forcing you to play new content WHY PPL dont get it.....
  • What's bad about HM skills? Oo
  • Migrating game engine to the new versions cost A LOT, and there are so many risk factors involved, no wonder BnS management doesnt JUST DO IT. You wouldnt do it if u would understand the risks involved.
  • Yes, they could work a little on invisible walls.
  • Battleground was created to force ppl to open world combat, because factions didnt really work (players themselves wanted that, but we have what we have now)
  • Yep, not being able to whisper is annoying, Im guessing that's a game implementation "feature".

I like pvp in this game, but i would not count ssp pvp at all. I hate that place, all you do there is kill some bosses and farm prestiges. I would say it is 99% more pve content than pvp. I have been there probably once and it was enough for me.

On 5/30/2016 at 11:16 PM, Herbes said:
  • This is how mmos worked for a loooong time, they update the game half a year or so ofc u will have to do something in those 6 months (aka play more or less grind, and this game does quite well in this aspect, because Koreans need to "learn" the dungeon first, which can take a while especially those 24 man dungeons, but we get "this" for free by watching a ... video guide). Almost every game had pvp + pve and this game doesnt even force u do do pvp because u can buy pvp materials from the market... I still cant understand why ppl started separating pvp and pve in this game...  Other mmos didnt have that, you rised lvl to do more pve or pvp.
  • Doesn't really concern you or anyone who is free to play. This is how the EU/NA mentality works now, you dont want to pay 10+ euro a month, but you definitely want to play the game. Me myself never spend a penny on this game Im on 600+ AP by playing 1-4h a day.
  • Drivers is a tricky stuff, its like forcing everyone to use roman digits for numbers except not everyone wants to use them.
  • Anti social community is common at this time, look at youtube, other forums, games u will see rage rage rage elite kappa kappa, BnS cant solve this problem by being BnS its a world wide problem.
  • Again u cant protect the game from bots and hackers, even large companies get penetrated by hackers, because you only need one "hole" to do it and X man hours to fix THAT ONE HOLE and there can be gazillion of other holes. Other games just dont have as many people "looking for them". Gold selling - EU/NA mentality (why farm if I can buy it).
  • I tought that too, but this game just has a very steep learning curve for pvp, as you can see pro players dont win by hitting first. I do agree that open world pvp is f. upped, but that's just a drawback from arena balanced system.
  • Content is not brought up too quickly, noone is forcing you to play new content WHY PPL dont get it.....
  • What's bad about HM skills? Oo
  • Migrating game engine to the new versions cost A LOT, and there are so many risk factors involved, no wonder BnS management doesnt JUST DO IT. You wouldnt do it if u would understand the risks involved.
  • Yes, they could work a little on invisible walls.
  • Battleground was created to force ppl to open world combat, because factions didnt really work (players themselves wanted that, but we have what we have now)
  • Yep, not being able to whisper is annoying, Im guessing that's a game implementation "feature".

The game has been out for many years. When it was new the game engine had been out almost 10 years (Unreal Engine 3 '03 and game released in '12). Yes, it has been updated but it is still optimized for 32 bit systems, most of us are running 64 bit and it makes a big difference. The US wanted the game so it was given to us with a little bit of tweeking for our region.

MMO's have degraded into what we have now. The last MMO I played was Granado Espada and that was truely p2w, you could literally spend $100 upgrading a weapon and it would fail in addition to destroying the weapon! The game also had zero community, nothing! That game also had next to nothing in the way of story. Prior to that I played EQ and EQ2, those games were light years ahead of this game: great community, awesome raiding system, shared bank, amazing story with a lot of lore. It was also infinitely more complex than this game. One slot upgrade in that game could take you 1-2 months to get and generally only got from a raid. Raids lasted hours. I regularly spent 8-10 hours, 2-3 days a week, just on raids. Raids also took 24 people clearing trash mobs, by the hundreds, for 6+ hours.

There's nothing wrong with our skill tree's, they are pretty standard fare in MMO's.

PVP in this game is a mess: arena is somewhat balanced but so buggy/laggy it's virtually unplayable and WW Valley is so out of whack you need 600ap+ just to do anything.

They won't migrate this game to another game engine in its current iteration, the game and the engine are at the ends of their life cycles. A completed new game BnS II would have to be created on a newer engine at a massive cost for a very small audience. Those invisible walls are the limitations of the game engine and will likely never be fixed.

The reason people need them videos is nobody will take the 3-5 min to explain what to do once you go into say Sogun's. People also just straight up ignore you if you ask anything in party. I have tried, in 7 different parties, to do that ONE Dabal achi. That achi takes a massive 30-45 seconds extra to do. Most don't even read the chat or can't because they are Asian, French, Spanish, etc and only speak their native language. This is especially bad for me with my play times, I either get Asian or French players that I can't understand.

22 hours ago, spongemike said:

Sometimes I joke in dungeons yesterday I saw two lyn in the party that looks the same so I call twins. People seems to laugh about it. But most of the time is because people start the dungeons so there is no time to chat.

That is the toxic nature of the community and the shortness of the dungeons. An average dungeon last 10-15 min. You can even do the longer one's like Sogun's in about 30 min depending on gear and human idiocy (a party I was in today couldn't even open the gates BEFORE the twins).

Good bye ,hope you will find a game that you will enjoy and meet a friendly community.Try GW2- i've meet there so many nice ppls and so good sistem for loot and explore ,i'm rly enjoying it so far !

Take care :)

Archived