Jump to content
Forums

Cold Storage - Kaari Lord


Recommended Posts

Just wanting to make sure it's just me and my crappy RNG like usual. I usually solo my Kaari Lord after Mane, the past week or two after a certain patch, my drops from Kaari Lord has been limited to 1 stinger or none. Whilst I remember a few weeks back, I used to get between 3 all the way to 20 stingers. Can someone who solo Kaari Lord as well please post their drops?

 

Literally my drops from the past week or two has been:

1x Healing Tonic

2x Naryu Silver

2x Freezing Orb

0-1x Frozen Stinger

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kitcalie said:

I've done kaari lord a few times in the past week. Mostly 1 stinger 2 orbs 2 silver. Lastnight we actually got a petal. I havn't seen the extra stingers in a while but I had crap rng.

My experience with Kaari Lord drops has been the same as this guy's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny people actually spend 2.5g to buy 1 orb. So total cost to summon this piece of crap is 7.5g. What does he drop? 1 stinger, worth 2.5g, shared across 6 people.

The logic behind this astounds me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Melodia said:

I find it funny people actually spend 2.5g to buy 1 orb. So total cost to summon this piece of crap is 7.5g. What does he drop? 1 stinger, worth 2.5g, shared across 6 people.

The logic behind this astounds me.

There is a chance for stinger to crit :3 Max crit I have seen is 1 and a stack of 9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

There is a chance for stinger to crit :3 Max crit I have seen is 1 and a stack of 9.

And what's the chance of that, the magic number 0.3%?

I have never seen it drop more than 1 stinger, ever, and I run CS everyday.

Anyway simple statistics tells you it's more profitable to just sell the orbs to idiots who actually buy them. 9 stingers = 22.5g. If it doesn't drop more than 33% of the time, then it's more profitable selling orbs. I've seen the stack of 9-10 stingers drop more often in necro and frozen fang than this boss, and that's pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Melodia said:

And what's the chance of that, the magic number 0.3%?

I have never seen it drop more than 1 stinger, ever, and I run CS everyday.

Anyway simple statistics tells you it's more profitable to just sell the orbs to idiots who actually buy them. 9 stingers = 22.5g. If it doesn't drop more than 33% of the time, then it's more profitable selling orbs. I've seen the stack of 9-10 stingers drop more often in necro and frozen fang than this boss, and that's pathetic.

Kaari is optional. He has never been a requirement for Cold Storage. People do him for 2 reasons:

1. The achievement: 1, 10, and 100 Kaari kills -- I am one of those that like to get achievement in PvE so I will definitely try to get him as much as I could. I could careless for the stingers, but I will bid on clan design.

2. Taking their chances and hoping for more petals, clan design, and crit stingers.

 

If your main objective is getting the stingers then you are correct, the other dungeons have higher chance to give way more than he does.

Edited by YamiKokennin
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have more drops from Kaari, but i think NC Soft forgot to put them in his drop list. When you look at the items like Dye Polish etc, you can see that it comes from Kaari Lord in the Cold Storage... The thing is..it never drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2.5g? Are those NA prices? Last time I looked on EU, the orbs were around 1-1.5g only. And split up between 6 people, 50 silver for near instant 24k exp is worth it alone in itself imo.

Edited by Shuchin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...