From true siren to true oathbreaker issue overlooked?

On june 1 we will get changes regarding weapon paths.
The Siren path will go away and those on the Siren path will move to Oathbreaker path at some point in their Siren path.
Those at awakened pirate can finish their path without change.

Now some of us, including myself, have gone to Siren before June 1.

I am on awakened Siren atm and probably wont reach higher before june 1.

After june 1, those on awakened Siren, will have as next step still true Siren, BUT  than it goes to true Oathbreaker.

This plays part in making Siren for them the most expensive road in the end, (while it used to be the cheapest edit: as in including Pirate).

Those on Siren are forced to move to true Oathbreaker due to june 1 changes.

They couldnt benefit from nebula stones at true Profane to Awakened siren, unlike the true Profane to Oathbreaker transform who already could at that point.

It doesnt make sense that the cheapest path, becomes the most expensive one for those that are either on awakened Siren or true Siren.

Its confusing for players as well.

You think you pick the cheaper path.
Than they change so that everyone not on awakened pirate, has to go to the Oathbreaker path. Okay so be it. Nothing wrong with that in itself,

but this makes everyone on awakened or true Siren, have a really expensive road. The most expensive road.
That is not right.

At least from true Siren to true Oathbreaker, should be lowered in cost

or allow those who are on the Siren path before june 1 to just finish it till true breeze for example. Just as awakened pirate players can.

Because those at awakened/true Siren see an overall more expensive path now, because it becomes Hybird (part siren part oathbreaker).

How do you look at this issue fellow bns players?
What do you think of it?

NCsoft please dont make it so that those at awakened Siren/true Sren suddenly suddenly have their path changed into an extra expensive hybrid one.

NCSoft informed about weapon path changes at May 4th. That means everyone had 4 weeks to prepare for this change.

Anyone who were already at aw. siren at that point have enough time to get at least to aw. pirate to avoid going the true siren -> true oathbreaker path.

Anyone who were lower than aw. siren have enough time to decide if he is going to rush to aw. pirate or go through the true profane -> oathbreaker path. Or you could just save materials to see if you can get enough and start upgrading when you were sure you won`t get stuck on siren.

17 hours ago, Dlacik said:

NCSoft informed about weapon path changes at May 4th. That means everyone had 4 weeks to prepare for this change.

Anyone who were already at aw. siren at that point have enough time to get at least to aw. pirate to avoid going the true siren -> true oathbreaker path.

Anyone who were lower than aw. siren have enough time to decide if he is going to rush to aw. pirate or go through the true profane -> oathbreaker path. Or you could just save materials to see if you can get enough and start upgrading when you were sure you won`t get stuck on siren.

The problem is not that you now have to go from true Siren to true Oathbreaker. That doesnt have to be a problem in itself.

The problem is the high cost at true Siren to true Oathbreaker.

People at awakened siren/true siren, have to pay this cost, because they have to go to true oathbreaker.

The cost to true oathbreaker at true siren is just way to large.
This turns their hybrid path (siren oathbreaker) into the most expensive clearly.

You present the this as if all players are veteran players, which not all players are.

Nor will a mini 4 weeks preparing necessarily suffice for everyone.

Also there are new players in this game.

If Siren (edit:incl Pirate) is known as the cheapest path, than you will not expect that it turns into the most expensive through june1 changes,

even when knowing that something is coming as weapon paths that change at june1.

-Those at true profane and below wont notice difference from my suggestion.

-Those at awakened pirate wont notice any difference from my suggestion either.

-Those already at oathbreaker can still just finish it, regardless of june1. It was still good for them to go that route. That wont change with my suggestion either.

-Those at awakened Siren/true Siren, will benifit from it, in that they wont face this high cost at true Siren to true Oathbreaker.

I would just like to see the cost at true siren to true oathbreaker be lowered, so that its overal as expensive roughly as the paths for everyone else.

Thats all.

That would be right.

The siren -> pirate -> true breeze is the cheapest path because most ppl who went this path got their siren (or even pirate) weapons when the max level was 45, the gold income was much lower than now and the soulstone were much more limited than now.

The true profane -> oathbreaker -> breeze  path is new intended path. The new players are supposed to go this path. The fact that they left the profane -> siren -> pirate open for so long is just a little benefit for us.

Profane -> siren -> true oathbraker path is just some hybrid. It`s only intended for those who somehow made it to siren but then got stuck there for some reason. This were always the most expensive path and there were enough time for active player to avoid getting stuck there. The only ones who will get stuck there are ppl who started to play too late to go through original siren -> pirate but were too greedy to go through intended profane -> oathbreaker path.

I don`t asume that all players are veterans but i asume that all players are intelligent enough to use google to get informations they need. You can easily find for example this topic that clearly shows that profane -> siren -> true oathbreaker is the most expensive path. It`s just your fault if you don`t look for informations not NCSoft`s fault.

10 hours ago, Dlacik said:

The siren -> pirate -> true breeze is the cheapest path because most ppl who went this path got their siren (or even pirate) weapons when the max level was 45, the gold income was much lower than now and the soulstone were much more limited than now.

The true profane -> oathbreaker -> breeze  path is new intended path. The new players are supposed to go this path. The fact that they left the profane -> siren -> pirate open for so long is just a little benefit for us.

Profane -> siren -> true oathbraker path is just some hybrid. It`s only intended for those who somehow made it to siren but then got stuck there for some reason. This were always the most expensive path and there were enough time for active player to avoid getting stuck there. The only ones who will get stuck there are ppl who started to play too late to go through original siren -> pirate but were too greedy to go through intended profane -> oathbreaker path.

I don`t asume that all players are veterans but i asume that all players are intelligent enough to use google to get informations they need. You can easily find for example this topic that clearly shows that profane -> siren -> true oathbreaker is the most expensive path. It`s just your fault if you don`t look for informations not NCSoft`s fault.

Again there wasnt necessarily enough time.

Just because you could do it in the mini month if you knew and understood all info right from the start (for example new players getting to still know the game on their first char dont all necessarily get everything yet or older players with multiple chars at that siren stage), doesnt have to mean that everyone can.

Siren doesnt have to be a choice made on greed at all.

One can choose the path because he/she lacks gold and time and that it would be the wisest path to take. Thats not greed for example.

Starting at Siren (edit: towards Pirate) used to be cheapest so several people started there. Not expecting weapon path changes to make it more expensive for them (the hybrid path).

There is no reason to have the people at awakened siren/true siren, be the only ones who are left out.
Besides NCsoft has shown intention to make it easier for people to upgrade weapons compared to previously. Among them for example Nebula stones. So true siren to true oathbreaker having huge cost even goes against what they want to achieve.

Why not make it equal for them?

Why not make it equal for them? As in the hybrid path having equal expenses roughly as the Oathbreaker path.

I think the fact that they'll change it and make it more expensive is pure bs :// I think they should rethink their decision regarding this, because it's simply unfair for those (including me) who chose the Siren path due to the reason that it is cheaper.

1 hour ago, Yashuoa said:

Besides NCsoft has shown intention to make it easier for people to upgrade weapons compared to previously. Among them for example Nebula stones.

I am not so sure about that.

Every single item has pretty much doubled in value.

STS from 12g to 19g

Moonstones from 2.5g to 4g.

Stingers from 2.2g to 3g

So true siren to true oathbreaker getting extra cost even goes against what they want to achieve.

Everything is even more expensive now (if you buy any mats), which a lot of people had predicted would happen. So, I can't really tell, what NCsofts goal was.

44 minutes ago, Txnxbrxe said:

I think the fact that they'll change it and make it more expensive is pure bs :// I think they should rethink their decision regarding this, because it's simply unfair for those (including me) who chose the Siren path due to the reason that it is cheaper.

Siren path, was only cheaper, if you also got to do pirate. By self, siren was more expensive than its counter part, iirc.

2 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

I am not so sure about that.

Every single item has pretty much doubled in value.

STS from 12g to 19g

Moonstones from 2.5g to 4g.

Stingers from 2.2g to 3g

Everything is even more expensive now (if you buy any mats), which a lot of people had predicted would happen. So, I can't really tell, what NCsofts goal was.

That is the economy that you mention. Thats not really directly Ncsoft, but that is the playerbase.
Nebula stones is for example NCsoft.

2 minutes ago, Yashuoa said:

That is the economy that you mention. Thats not really directly Ncsoft, but that is the playerbase.
Nebula stones is for example NCsoft.

So, your saying, that normal players could predict the massive increase in material prices, but NCsoft can not?

And even if they didn't directly know, they read these forums. They were "warned" about the price increase that was gonna happen.

Adding a item to decrease amount of materials needed, isn't gonna be helpfull when it results in a huge price increase.

We also had a SSP key drop nerf aswell as stingers (that they didn't announce) which, really doesn't reflect them, being in a very helpfull mindset :)

8 hours ago, TheQuibbler said:

So, your saying, that normal players could predict the massive increase in material prices, but NCsoft can not?

And even if they didn't directly know, they read these forums. They were "warned" about the price increase that was gonna happen.

Adding a item to decrease amount of materials needed, isn't gonna be helpfull when it results in a huge price increase.

We also had a SSP key drop nerf aswell as stingers (that they didn't announce) which, really doesn't reflect them, being in a very helpfull mindset :)

No I am not saying anything like that.

I am saying that NCsoft tryed to make the paths cheaper with something like an Nebula stone.

If in general things in the economy (Marketplace) get more expensive, thats kinda more because of the playerbase.

Nebula stones is something that the devs introduced.

We were talking about the weaponpath change and what is meant/what goal.
Well improvement in general is at least meant obviously.

However it doesnt do this for the group who is at awakened/true siren. Theirs is more expensive because they cant go to Pirate anymore, while the rest can just continue what they did.

That doesnt seem right or it seems overlooked. That doesnt fall in line with june1, with improvement, with the rest of the players.

That as in, that the hybrid path is still clearly the most expensive after june1.

So in that light, shouldnt as mentioned. the people at awakened siren/true siren be treated equal?

Whats the use for you or anyone that the people at awakened siren/true siren are the only ones who will have an overall more expensive path due to becoming a hybrid path through the weapon path june 1 changes?

There is no point to make the june1 changes have that effect.

So in the end do you agree with me that it would be good, right to have make the people on the hybrid path (part siren part oathbreaker) have roughly an equal expensive path as those who do oathbreaker?

To clarify, the point Yashuoa is trying to make, is the fact that True Siren -> True Oathbreaker costs 340 soul stones. It's the largest amount of soul stones needed for ANY upgrade until True breeze -> Awakened Scorpio which needs 360.

I do agree the soul stone amounts could be adjusted. Maybe drop the True Siren -> True Oathbreaker cost to 240-250 soul stones? It won't be 100% equal but at the very least it'll close the gap a little.

Archived