spaced-out during bosses

Bradley

Greets and salutations, i've been enjoying b&s as a casual mrpg/krpg since after beta coming from a million other games (tera, eso, Aika, lineage, everquest2, ultima)

I have been able to overlook this issue i'm having since i don't do much "bossing" around but now that i'm at the purple shipyards i'm seeing that the difficulty scale rises significantly. (which is fine)

i just want to know what I am doing wrong when the screen announces "Enemy is preparing XYZ press SPACEBAR" and displays a reasonable seeming timer. i always attempt and obviously do hit it within the smaller (green?) threshold after the white has charged (Kind of reminds me of secret of mana for SNES.)  I've even tried hitting spacebar exactly as the sliding timer bar, and i think a couple of times that actually worked?  I don't lag in the game very badly and this has happened so many times that I know I must be fundamentally not understanding something?  I had difficulty finding this question answered on this exact issue in FAQ and search and apologize if it's already been addressed.  It's become a significant source of frustration for me and it would mean alot if someone could briefly diagnose/link-me/explain what i'm doing wrong :(

ty so much friends. 

Welcome to the world of BNS, those are normally means of protecting yourself from the boss, ie.. jump backs or immunes. You have to hit it when the bar reaches the green but a lot of time there is just that faction of a second lag that keeps you from activating it. Best thing would be just to forget those and use the actual skill. It will show you in a icon what skill it is going to attempt to use, just watch the bar and when it gets to the spot just use the actual physical skill.. works ten times better.

Like Director said it is there to help you by showing when you should iframe/dodge/resist a skill that boss is about to use such as Jae Tangum's flashbang's aftermath bombing effect. One way is to learn to read the attack patterns of bosses and know when the attacks are going to hit so you can iframe it without the indicator. Later on if you got to 4-man versions of new dungeons that indicator bar will be missing so good tip is to remove it completely and simply learn to read the bosses' attacks and animations. When I joined my current clan they made me remove the indicator and boy am I glad they did. It of course was harder in beginning but now I can master dungeons in no time by simply following the bosses as the mechanics will play bigger role in later dungeons.

7YlYr68.jpg

The earlier you learn to play without this option (make sure it is unchecked like shown in picture) the easier it will be for you to learn dungeons and boss mechanics in 4-mans.

Archived