Hackers and bots returned to Skypetal Plains

Windy

Asking help from the eventual GM or mods or whatever.

The SSP in Cardinal Gates is heavy infected by bots and hackers -teleporting /switching channels /going invisible -is unplayable at the moment ,you cannot pick up a single meteorite or body because they are all over .

It limits the player needs to gear up and distroys the purpose of the entire zone .SSP should been the source of soulstones for many of us -yet because the lag and bots is simply every day more problematic to play.

Please clean the SSP already-its been better like 3 days ago ,now is a real explosion of bots in all zone.

With no hopes ,a very sad (soon) ex customer and player.

i don't mind having bots running around in ssp if they are just getting meteor and getting bodies. The only problem is the speed hacker that kills everyone with guns during mining stage, making it impossible to save up prest point.. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, that's where most of the Soulstones come from. It die down for a couple of weeks now...however i wouldn't say it won't happen again in the future. 

Don't think bots and speed hackers ever left Yehara, still see bots everyday in leveling areas, especially in silverfrost areas.

Speedhacker on Meteorites/Injured Soldiers as always - super when you see those hacks pick up injured soldiers right next to terror and terror try to chain them with no effect

At this point I'm not sure NCsoft will be able to so easily stop the gold farmers and hackers.

Just 'getting them out already' clearly isn't an option. Their ban wave previously only allotted us a short reprieve of bots flooding our chat channels. That probably means NCsoft either isn't efficiently using all ofGame Guard's features, there are actually too many gold farm companies/methods/people currently trying to turn a profit at the expense of BnS' popularity, or the companies that ARE creating bots and other hacks have figured out something crucial about BnS' code that makes adjustments relatively  (Not ACTUALLY) simple to edit.

The thing people don't understand is that bots and hackers aren't a simple problem. If hackers and the like were a simple problem not only would we know everything about them, but there would be no MMO that's ever suffered a hacker's crap for longer than an hour at best. Especially those, such as gold farmers, whom actively hurt a game publishing company's bottomline and scare off their customer base. 

I don't think it's that NCsoft doesn't care, it's very clear that they're struggling and possibly are dealing with some very creative professionals.

If you really want to get angry at anyone you should be mad at people whom give the gold farmers incentive for infiltrating game code and flooding our channels with advertisements : The players whom actually buy their gold.

It must not be obvious enough for the people doing it, but...'I'm only one person, buying a little gold isn't going to hurt anyone' is a very stupid thought. If you're doing it 100 more people are doing it. If you don't think you're the problem and you're purchasing gold, I think you need to really pause and think about your life choices. Lol

Because if you're dumb enough to do this, you've probably *cricket*ed up somewhere else in life pretty seriously too.

Hey take advantage of them! find their spawn point and camp them.. kill three achievements with one stone! And the beautiful thing about it after killing them constantly for 2 days straight.. they log the minute i run in.. you kill them constantly it *cricket*s up what they are doing and the programmer is forced to do something different. I went from killing over 100 in a single battle phase to them being gone the entire time I was in SSP. It works and it *cricket*s with them AND it kills off three achievements for you.

4 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

Hey take advantage of them! find their spawn point and camp them.. kill three achievements with one stone! And the beautiful thing about it after killing them constantly for 2 days straight.. they log the minute i run in.. you kill them constantly it *cricket*s up what they are doing and the programmer is forced to do something different. I went from killing over 100 in a single battle phase to them being gone the entire time I was in SSP. It works and it *cricket*s with them AND it kills off three achievements for you.

Even though that's not as effective as I'd love it to be, I still love the fact that you're doing this. 

Please kill more bots. 

3 minutes ago, Audrix said:

Even though that's not as effective as I'd love it to be, I still love the fact that you're doing this. 

Please kill more bots. 

On my server it's made a small dent at least out in SSP, if you look at the bots there are ten times the amount of blue running around then red. The only ones I still see are the reds I don't go after cause they vanish almost the instant they appear and reappear deep in the zones. I can't catch those no matter what I do and they resist stuns and knock downs.

3 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

On my server it's made a small dent at least out in SSP, if you look at the bots there are ten times the amount of blue running around then red. The only ones I still see are the reds I don't go after cause they vanish almost the instant they appear and reappear deep in the zones. I can't catch those no matter what I do and they resist stuns and knock downs.

Really? That's actually an interesting bit of information.

Are they resisting in an unatural way? Like they're not using skills or anything?

No skills at all, they are in basic hongmoon level 1 jewelry with broken weapons (normally lycan or something similar from misty woods.. not upgraded just the boss weapon) and cinderland based SS.  They appear hit run instantly and gone with in 2 steps and not even 2 seconds later are half the map away among the mobs. There are RARE occasions where i manage to catch them before they go invisible but my cats stun will not land, nor knock down.. and my cat knocks Junhado and Mushin on their ass almost every hit. When i used his skills all I see are 'resist' in front of them. They are level 43-44 BladeDancers

Though i did find if I hit taunt the second they vanish it forces them out of their hide and they rocket back to spawn point.

I'm killing every each of them -every one of them that i can catch .Not for the achivement -i've done it long ago ,but for the sake of clearing the area as i can.I also asked opposite faction to kill ''my bots'' -and they were very nice and helpful.

As i said to many : while server overloaded by bots and regular player have to struggle with the dailies : strike toghether back to them .after all is a game ,we all spend time here and want to gear up and have fun.Is disgusting that ,no matter on what side we are ,we are getting ''robbed'' by bots .Actually ,i'm calling the other one's faction members when i see bodies .I just prefer the bodies to be taken by a player that have to benefit then a damn bot.

I want the place where i am playing to be fun and not filled with hate -i don't know the meaning of ''traitor'' and such ;for me ,we are all players ,behind the monitors ,wasting time ,energy and will here.

I ask you all ,pls kill every bot you see,until the hackers will give up to plant them in a zone that should be set under a ''gear check '' wall. Lvl 43 bots ,is like a slap in the face of normal players .And i thank you all that been here today and been helpful and friendly.Made my day :)

More bots = more soul stones = cheaper soulstones? make gold, buy them, upgrade?

Less bots = less soul stones = greedy players = 1g each soul stone? Then come on forums, scream "fix it GM's blah blah"? 

There's just no winning is there? 

Bots go away, prices of moonstones/soul stones sky rocket and were all doomed.

Bots stay, prices are lowered, everyone cries and whines about bots and how they can't do this and that?

Honestly, do you know any on-line game or any MMO that doesn't have bots/gold sellers/gold buyers or hackers? 

Just now, Synchrite said:

More bots = more soul stones = cheaper soulstones? make gold, buy them, upgrade?

Less bots = less soul stones = greedy players = 1g each soul stone? Then come on forums, scream "fix it GM's blah blah"? 

Bots stay, prices are lowered, everyone cries and whines about bots and how they can't do this and that?

Honestly, do you know any on-line game or any MMO that doesn't have bots/gold sellers/gold buyers or hackers? 

NO.This game would be actually sane and real while the own players would control the economy .Not the bots .The price of soulstones is already skyrocketed because of them ,also for all mats.bots are not saints that put effort in a healthy economy and i prefer to farm in peace my things then to buy them -i prefer to sell the ones that i don't need and be rewarded for my time invested in game.Bots are here to steal players efort ,producing mats that everyone needs and PROFIT.Player have no profit in this,they have to spend real moneys to buy their mats instead to be able to play and get it by their own .Seems you are supporting bots .

I'm sure prices have sky rocket due to the nebula event, and everyone is rushing to upgrade, so it'd be a great time to increase prices for people who have no patience. Also "Spend real money?" honestly bought my 1 year membership premium for the costume and like 2 costumes from the store, other than that never spent on anything else, sitting at true scorpio at 600+ AP with just casually doing dungeons with friends and clan mates. Do i support bots? Not really, their annoying, but honestly what MMO doesn't have them? Just have to learn to live with them, and ignore them, if not go buy a gameboy color no bots there.

20 minutes ago, Synchrite said:

I actually don't mind the bots, other then SSP and misty they aren't THAT huge of a problem (well other then arena but that is just easy kills and easy zen beans) They farm instance dungeons, prices and lower and they give me something to kill. The ones that are a pain are the ones that show up in big dungeons and go afk , spammers (that is easy enough) and players that are running pvp scripts.

4 minutes ago, Miykh said:

Yep, bots and hackers returned, like nithing happened, and normal players like me, got banned in this wave of ban, and now can't play.

What's horrible is what probably actually happened was NCsoft got duped into thinking you were one of the gold farmers and hackers. That's actually a tactic used to ruin PR. No joke. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

That said if NCsoft DID *cricket* up and ban you themselves over a false positive they're not even willing to properly examine? They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Two possibilities two different perspectives. You're welcome to choose whichever you wish.

29 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

No skills at all, they are in basic hongmoon level 1 jewelry with broken weapons (normally lycan or something similar from misty woods.. not upgraded just the boss weapon) and cinderland based SS.  They appear hit run instantly and gone with in 2 steps and not even 2 seconds later are half the map away among the mobs. There are RARE occasions where i manage to catch them before they go invisible but my cats stun will not land, nor knock down.. and my cat knocks Junhado and Mushin on their ass almost every hit. When i used his skills all I see are 'resist' in front of them. They are level 43-44 BladeDancers

Though i did find if I hit taunt the second they vanish it forces them out of their hide and they rocket back to spawn point.

Wow so the gold farmers got into the resistances and anti-knockdown code. That's unfortunate. This is really making me question BnS's code integrity. xD

3 minutes ago, Audrix said:

What's horrible is what probably actually happened was NCsoft got duped into thinking you were one of the gold farmers and hackers. That's actually a tactic used to ruin PR. No joke. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

That said if NCsoft DID *cricket* up and ban you themselves over a false positive they're not even willing to properly examine? They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Two possibilities two different perspectives. You're welcome to choose whichever you wish.

Wow so the gold farmers got into the resistances and anti-knockdown code. That's unfortunate. This is really making me question BnS's code integrity. xD

They are not, i asked for them to , idk, scan my computer or something? Or say why i got banned, what i was using that was illegal like that, and they refuse to say a thing, they just say they can't say what triggered the illegal thing. Thats so lame.

State someone is doing illegal activities and right after say they don't know what ive done but they are keeping their decision?

Just now, Audrix said:

This is not really new for NCsoft, I played Lineage 2 for eleven almost 12 years (my main missed the 12 mark by like..3 days >.<) and if you think the bots are bad here.. ohh boy you should see the scripts over there. The bots here generally just run, vanish or if it's a destroyer will attack. L2 a lot of the bot groups were getting attacked so often they put pvp scripts onto them. You flag (open world pvp so going pink means you can be killed and it's not a pk) and instantly you have all 7 party members ontop of you attacking you.

and we're talking a 7 man PT of two daggers, one tank who keeps agro like a cats taunt, 1 buffer who can para and debuff, a healer who has mass heal and mass rez, and the rest are all summoners.. and these summoners HURT. They get two pets each and skills we call dots that stack and drain you to 1 hp in a matter of seconds.

Hell one day a clanny shouted that there was a red bot up in the top of Monastery of silence.. O..M..G.. Ran up there with a bunch of others to kill it. There were 40+ summoner bots that the second you came into target range were all on top of you dotting you up. Granted until you flagged you would sit at 1 hp constantly unless that red came in and took you out. Minute you flagged.. 80+ summons were on you instantly. These guys ran MOS for MONTHS! before Ncsoft did anything about them.

So yeah, it's not surprising that BNS bots are this bad or NC doesn't do shit about them. There are so many easy work arounds with game guard.. most basic coders can figure it out.

2 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

This is not really new for NCsoft, I played Lineage 2 for eleven almost 12 years (my main missed the 12 mark by like..3 days >.<) and if you think the bots are bad here.. ohh boy you should see the scripts over there. The bots here generally just run, vanish or if it's a destroyer will attack. L2 a lot of the bot groups were getting attacked so often they put pvp scripts onto them. You flag (open world pvp so going pink means you can be killed and it's not a pk) and instantly you have all 7 party members ontop of you attacking you.

and we're talking a 7 man PT of two daggers, one tank who keeps agro like a cats taunt, 1 buffer who can para and debuff, a healer who has mass heal and mass rez, and the rest are all summoners.. and these summoners HURT. They get two pets each and skills we call dots that stack and drain you to 1 hp in a matter of seconds.

Hell one day a clanny shouted that there was a red bot up in the top of Monastery of silence.. O..M..G.. Ran up there with a bunch of others to kill it. There were 40+ summoner bots that the second you came into target range were all on top of you dotting you up. Granted until you flagged you would sit at 1 hp constantly unless that red came in and took you out. Minute you flagged.. 80+ summons were on you instantly. These guys ran MOS for MONTHS! before Ncsoft did anything about them.

So yeah, it's not surprising that BNS bots are this bad or NC doesn't do shit about them. There are so many easy work arounds with game guard.. most basic coders can figure it out.

Yeeeeeah. That's what it's looking like too.

Lol It's really starting to look like NCsoft has no idea what it's doing or even knows where to BEGIN with dealing with these guys. I almost feel bad for them, but at the same time I'm starting to wonder if maybe they're LETTING this kind of stuff happen.

I dunno, man. This is the worst I've ever seen, most MMOs I've played don't suffer near as much with bots as BnS does.

16 minutes ago, Audrix said:

Yeeeeeah. That's what it's looking like too.

Lol It's really starting to look like NCsoft has no idea what it's doing or even knows where to BEGIN with dealing with these guys. I almost feel bad for them, but at the same time I'm starting to wonder if maybe they're LETTING this kind of stuff happen.

I dunno, man. This is the worst I've ever seen, most MMOs I've played don't suffer near as much with bots as BnS does.

I think it I were to rank NCsoft games from worst bots to least amount  it would be.

1: Lineage 2 (bots filling every leveling zone making it impossible for legits to play at all)

2: BNS (obvious bots, but only bad in certain instances)

3: Aion (entire time playing Aion only saw 5 bots total and they weren't a problem at all)

4L Guild wars (never saw a single bot)

After 12 years you would think they would have figured out how to handle it. But that NCsoft hasn't so I just roll with it. Until they make money absolutely worthless you won't get rid of them.

Just now, DirectorTseng said:

After 12 years you would think they would have figured out how to handle it. But that NCsoft hasn't so I just roll with it. Until they make money absolutely worthless you won't get rid of them.

Lol It's funny you say that. I just made a post saying the exact same thing with a lot more words. 

I'm pretty sure NCsoft's aware of that though and they don't consider it a solution. How could they? The way BnS is designed money and in-game currency is tied together and functions as something of a backbone to the game's features. I mean...You can litterally buy a new character slot with in-game currency if you wanted to.

( It'd probably take a lot of work but it's theoretically possible.)

Someone brought up a good point in personal talk, but...This game is ten years old. The code of BnS is so well known now by that circle of people that it's kind of not surprising anymore if you think about what's actually going on. The fact that NA's version of BnS came out so late is likely part of the reason it's being hit so hard by bots.

In fact I kind of wonder if that's WHY it took so long. Though I do know a little backstory behind some of that, there were actual 'polticial' reasons behind NA's late release. I believe China had it in their agreement that they'd get it before we did. At least that was one of the rumors I've heard.

I send a ticket abaout that , they told me "we need to prove they are bots, to do ban" XD politically correct but while ncsaft take protocolo, we lose like players .

PD: My own solution ?  active GM + satanic ban

5 minutes ago, Thatipe said:

I send a ticket abaout that , they told me "we need to prove they are bots, to do ban" XD potically correct but while ncsaft take protocolo, we lose like players .

PD: My own solution ?  active GM + satanic ban

"we need to prove they are bots" ??? What??? Them please tell me what they are prooving banning all those players instead of bots. Really they can't even prove the reason they ban a account.

Archived