Fail: Nebula Stone for Profane to Siren upgrade path

Hello!

Yeah, before any of you say "what a waste" etc , I'm on my first character and pretty poor at making gold fast. So of course I was happy that I could finally upgrade from profane thanks to this event :) Hah... it turned out that I cannot select the Siren path at all when I use the nebula stone as evolution material!

Every single time I try this it resets to Oathbreaker, but I don't want to go Oathbreaker ... it will drain my gold even more in the long run.

Does anyone else have this problem or better even, has anyone solved it?

~

I was trying to use the stone earlier in the weapon upgrade path, and it will not allow using it. When  I contacted support, it was explicitly stated that the Nebula stones are intended for the Oathbreaker path. The Siren/Pirate path will no longer be available on June 1st, so unless you were expecting to gather mats for all the Siren and Pirate upgrades in the next 5 days, you might as well start on  the Oathbreaker.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I was trying to use the stone earlier in the weapon upgrade path, and it will not allow using it. When  I contacted support, it was explicitly stated that the Nebula stones are intended for the Oathbreaker path. The Siren/Pirate path will no longer be available on June 1st, so unless you were expecting to gather mats for all the Siren and Pirate upgrades in the next 5 days, you might as well start on  the Oathbreaker.

So what happens to someone who is on Awakened siren before june 1?

On 4.5.2016 at 5:15 PM, QRob said:

it basicly means that if u have
- true profane, the next evolution will be  oathbreaker, and then true oathbreaker , awakened breez, true breez and so on
- true siren, the next evolution will be true oathbreaker, awakened breez, true breez and so on
- true pirate, the next evolution will be true breez (as it is right now), then awakened scorpion and so on
so for those who have true pirate right now, nothing's gonna change, their next update is gonna be true breez. its obvious and it is like so right now, so i dont know why they included it
" On June 1 the final tiers of Moonwater Plains will be retired, and any weapons on those paths will be diverted to the Silverfrost Mountains path at the next applicable evolution. "

That means: After june 1= Awak. Siren -> True Siren -> True Oathbreaker

1 hour ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

That means: After june 1= Awak. Siren -> True Siren -> True Oathbreaker

So in that case what has the use been for me of having gone awak siren before june 1?

Seems like I have to do more now with this change than someone who went oathbreaker.

Nor could i benefit from the Nebula stone that true profane to  oathbreaker could.

Which had lower upgrade cost and lower mats caompared to true profane to aweakened siren.

9 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

So in that case what has the use been for me of having gone awak siren before june 1?

Seems like I have to do more now with this change than someone who went oathbreaker.

Nor could i benefit from the Nebula stone that true profane to  oathbreaker could.

Which had lower upgrade cost and lower mats caompared to true profane to aweakened siren.

It's not a waste, you can use the Nebula Stone on any upgrade after you pick between Siren or Oathbreaker. As shown in the picture below it should be possible to still use it for True Siren to True Oathbreaker.

TRZP0oA.png

Looking through the weapon details, the only places you CAN NOT use the Nebula Stone is:

True Profane -> Awakened Siren

True Siren -> Awakened Pirate

That's it, you can use it on everything else.

13 hours ago, LunaticAzure said:

It's not a waste, you can use the Nebula Stone on any upgrade after you pick between Siren or Oathbreaker. As shown in the picture below it should be possible to still use it for True Siren to True Oathbreaker.

Looking through the weapon details, the only places you CAN NOT use the Nebula Stone is:

True Profane -> Awakened Siren

True Siren -> Awakened Pirate

That's it, you can use it on everything else.

Maybe I wasnt clear. I am at awakened siren atm.

I meant that from true profane to awakened siren is more expensive, than from true profane to oathbreaker (even without using a Nebula stone for this, which you can only do for oathbreaker and not siren).

I was told in the long run that oathbreaker will be more expensive and that it would be good to go siren before june1, even if just reach awakened siren before june1.

However, so far it is more expensive for me.

The cost from true profane to awakened siren, was a higher cost, than it would have been from true profane to oathbreaker.

On june1, changes will happen, that I go from true siren (when I have reached, that, as I am far from there yet),  to true oathbreaker.

So what use have I gotten from becoming awakened siren before june 1? Where do I save cost compared to oathbreaker?

As so far it seems it has been more expensive to me.

Wouldnt I have benefit more, from having gone from true profane to oathbreaker with the june 1 changes?

Nebula stones go away the 22th right?

As I dont know if I can get to awakened siren to true siren in time (and after june 22, you cant use Nebula stones anymore as I understood).

This is only up till True Oathbreaker, lots of math and estimate prices in this post. Prices of materials are based on when I looked at the market's average price over a week to a month as I write this. All quantities based on what's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U0cqRIxNefzkd30VmVI-zFhe3fpBHgq7aIy3vHO6ZTQ/edit#gid=1956555067

Assuming you buy everything:

Moonwater Transformation Stones : 4.1g

Soul Stones :  30s

Poharan Perfume :  30s

Hae Mujin's Machismo :  1g

Silverfrost Mountain Dew : 7s (price fluctuates alot)

True Profane -> Oathbreaker ~ True Oathbreaker

- 26 Moonwater Transformation Stones = 106.6g

- 475 Soul Stones = 142.5g

- 23 Poharan Perfume = 6.9g

- 88 Silverfrost Mountain Dew = 6.2g

- Upgrade Costs = 87.9g

Total = 350g

True Profane -> Awakened/True Siren -> True Oathbreaker

- 26 Moonwater Transformation Stones = 106.6g

- 562 Soul Stones = 168.6g

- 30 Poharan Perfume = 9g

- 50 Silverfrost Mountain Dew = 3.5g

- Upgrade Costs = 81.8g

Total = 369.5g

*Never noticed that True Siren to True Oathbreaker costs a whopping 340 soul stones...

True Profane -> Awakened Siren -> True Siren + Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker

- 20 Moonwater Transformation Stones = 82g

- 422 Soul Stones = 126.6g

- 30 Poharan Perfume = 9g

- 18(?) Hae Mujin's Machismo = 18g

- 30(?) Silverfrost Mountain Dew = 2.1g

- Upgrade Costs = 64.8g

Total = 284.5~~300.4g

*Quantity changes are based on a picture I found. The nebula stone seems to give the full 40% discount on MTS, soul stone and upgrade cost. However I found it strange it replaced the Silverfrost Mountain Dew with Hae Mujin's Machismo, so I included both into price calculations. See attached picture.

E8QqoXM.jpg

I don't have any data on how much the Materials will change when going from Awakened Oathbreaker + Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker. Anyway, since you went down the Siren path you should still expect to see approximately 50-70g saved. If I missed anything or made a mistake feel free to tell me or correct it.

9 hours ago, LunaticAzure said:

I don't have any data on how much the Materials will change when going from Awakened Oathbreaker + Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker. Anyway, since you went down the Siren path you should still expect to see approximately 50-70g saved. If I missed anything or made a mistake feel free to tell me or correct it.

I appreciate al the info, however,

in your calculation from true profane>oathbreaker>true oathbreaker you didnt use a single nebula stone right? and it came down to 350 g.

The true profane>awakened siren/truesiren> true oathbreaker path is more expensive according to your calculations. Namely 369.5g.

So Siren will be more expensive, unless i am gonna be able to use a nebula stone in the siren path right?
And even than it might still be more expensive, as there are no nebula stones in your oathbreaker caclculation,

which would have reduced the cost of that path by quite a bit

Right?

So I fail to see how it was a good choice, that after advice, I went to awakened siren before june 1.

As its more expensive from true profane>awak siren/true siren>true oathbreaker, than it is from true profane>oathbreaker>true oathbreaker,  

according to the thread's calculations,

unless I manage to use nebula stones before 22june in Siren

and even than it might still be more expensive, as no Nebula stone has been used in the oathbreaker calculation.

Or am I overlooking something?

I am lvl 49 with 12g and awakened siren weap atm and I dont think that I can get to true siren/true oathbreaker before 22 june.

Yet using a Nebulae stone in the tranform from true profane>oathbreaker would have been within reach.

Which is another +1 for oathbreaker.

So this kinda feels like a bummer to say the least that I am awak siren now,

unless I overlooked or missed something.

@Lunakitty

Yeah I am from Europe too.

So also Moonwater Transformation Stones 6.4 g each for me as well.

Good if you want to sell stuff though but bad when you need to buy compared to lower NA prices.

The reason that it's more expensive is because of the error in the advice.

Yes, it's true that you save around 500-600 gold in the long run moving when going down true pirate to true breeze. However the critical piece of information that is missing here is that you MUST be on the awakened pirate/true pirate upgrade for you to benefit from this. It's not enough to just push to awakened/true siren.

If you fail to do this, and end up stuck inbetween, you'll end up paying more than if you had just went down the oathbreaker path which has been explained in this thread now.

Basically if possible, ask a friend or a guild member for some money to push your upgrade to awakened pirate if possible.

This is just a guess, assuming the Nebula Stone gives the full 40% discount:

Total needed for Awakened Oathbreaker + Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker 

- 7 Moonwater Transformation Stones

- 114 Soul Stones

- 30 Silverfrost Mountain Dew

- Upgrade Costs = 20.4g

True Profane -> Oathbreaker -> Awakened Oathbreaker + Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker

- 21 Moonwater Transformation Stones = 86.1g

- 399 Soul Stones = 119.7g

- 23 Poharan Perfume = 6.9g

- 68 Silverfrost Mountain Dew = 4.8g

- Upgrade Costs = 74.3g

Total = 291.8g

So it's kinda right in the middle of the Siren+nebula -> True Oathbreaker  plus/minus 6~9g.

If anyone could confirm material totals for True Siren +Nebula Stone -> True Oathbreaker and Awakened Oathbreaker + Nebula -> True Oathbreaker, that would help.

Sadly you still lose money but the gap is much smaller with Nebula Stone. As one of the people who told you to do down Siren path, I'm sorry. Never noticed you needed 340 soul stones just going True Siren -> True Oathbreaker, that's crazy D:

1 hour ago, Kerobero said:

Yes, it's true that you save around 500-600 gold in the long run moving when going down true pirate to true breeze. However the critical piece of information that is missing here is that you MUST be on the awakened pirate/true pirate upgrade for you to benefit from this. It's not enough to just push to awakened/true siren.

If you fail to do this, and end up stuck inbetween, you'll end up paying more than if you had just went down the oathbreaker path which has been explained in this thread now.

Sadly this error is being brought to light, at least to me, only days before the weapon path change. I don't think anyone really bothered to list and calculate totals for only the Siren/True Oath weapons, everyone usually calculated all the way to True Breeze.

Yeah it's not too surprising that people don't really talk about it much. It was something that was mentioned quite a while back (perhaps a month ago) when we all first thought we were going to lose the siren/pirate path before NCWest decided to allow us both paths. Back then people were stressing out on upgrading within 2-3 days but the mantra was always "Try hit Awakened Pirate to be safe from the update otherwise you'll end up paying more." Then for those who examined it a bit closer realised it's more expensive to be stuck half way.

20 hours ago, Kerobero said:

Basically if possible, ask a friend or a guild member for some money to push your upgrade to awakened pirate if possible.

Its weird that its more expensive when stuck in between isnt it? Did they overlook that with the weapon path changes for june1?

My friend has less gold than me and is also not 50.

I am in a guild since a week or so. Fairly new guild, still growing.

Cant get help to pirate here either.

If anyone is on Greenhollow EU and wants to help out, feel free to donate gold :).

18 hours ago, LunaticAzure said:

As one of the people who told you to do down Siren path, I'm sorry. Never noticed you needed 340 soul stones just going True Siren -> True Oathbreaker, that's crazy D:

Sadly this error is being brought to light, at least to me, only days before the weapon path change. I don't think anyone really bothered to list and calculate totals for only the Siren/True Oath weapons, everyone usually calculated all the way to True Breeze.

Yeah its crazy. Why would they have done that? Would be more logical and customer friendly to allow people to not lose anything on the swap, right?

As in that both paths would  be about the same, because they both get changed to true oathbreaker by the june 1 changes.

Maybe they made an error and they meant 34 soulstones?

Is something I am hoping.

Please check out this thread people and please give your support that they change the huge cost for true siren to true oathbreaker or that those on the siren path on june1 can finish that path.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived