people are getting banned for no reason ... should i be concerned .?

demonshunt

I've seen plenty of topics about people getting banned for no reason what so ever .... i have spent lots of time and effort in this game .. also a few dollars to be honest ... i want to know if i will get banned just because one of the GM was having a bad day after his (illegal) legendary  weapon was removed ...? 

26 minutes ago, demonshunt said:

I've seen plenty of topics about people getting banned for no reason what so ever .... i have spent lots of time and effort in this game .. also a few dollars to be honest ... i want to know if i will get banned just because one of the GM was having a bad day after his (illegal) legendary  weapon was removed ...? 

Ain't the first time this happened, and it all depends on how much their banning SW BOT (dis)likes you.

Yes, you should. If you take just a little bit of your precious time to have a look at these threads right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4l4w20/so_i_had_this_in_my_inbox_today/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4l56d0/theyre_getting_so_lazy_with_these_copypaste/ you'll see that there's a staff response acknowledging the issue.

19 minutes ago, Ruuko said:

Yes, you should. If you take just a little bit of your precious time to have a look at these threads right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4l4w20/so_i_had_this_in_my_inbox_today/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4l56d0/theyre_getting_so_lazy_with_these_copypaste/ you'll see that there's a staff response acknowledging the issue.

so ? i don't get it ... so i just  to wait till i get  banned then write an article about it on Reddit so that a staff can acknowledge the issue ?  ... why they banning people for no reason in the first place ? 

I do not believe it's 'no reason'.

My understanding is that bans that impact users that did not breach ToS occur when either their account gets taken over, they get autoflagged for doing something that is similar to what a bot/gold-seller would do, or they use software that they feel they have a right to use to account for the failings in the game. For example, someone had multiple accounts on one IP to create a lot of cute characters. The IP gets flagged and accounts are banned because it meets the criteria for a bot farm.

To be honest, I am not sure why you singled yourself out, but an error could occur wherever mass automated sifting through the player base goes on, and there is really nothing for it, save for dealing with it (or not) if it happens.

2 hours ago, demonshunt said:

most people that get banned are from the auto ban system and they are so by getting reported from other people ingame. So its the people ingame you should be afraid of since if enough of them decide to report you, you will get banned but the support till remove the ban if you havent done anything banable

7 minutes ago, demonshunt said:

so ? i don't get it ... so i just  to wait till i get  banned then write an article about it on Reddit so that a staff can acknowledge the issue ?  ... why they banning people for no reason in the first place ? 

No no. What I said the staff has acknowledged as issue is the fact that there are many players' accounts wrongly under suspension right now. There is literally nothing to do besides contacting support at either appeal@ncsoft.com or support@ncsoft.com . The reason I honestly do not know. It was not specified.

• NCSOFT

The bans that occurred on Monday have absolutely nothing to do with the unreleased items on a GM's character. If your account has been locked, please contact customer support as we cannot discuss actions taken on an account within the forums.

[Thread Closed]

• Liinxy locked this topic
1 minute ago, Displeased said:

If I had to guess, I'd say a decent fraction of the people getting banned for "no reason" are guilty of buying gold from bot sites.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're one of the GMs that got their incredible, not-yet-in-game weapons removed after the scandal on Monday. I'm glad I don't have to guess.

Archived