Feeding pets to other pets......

JCole

Slaughtering (Salvage) pets to make room....YIKES, this is not pet friendly at all, I can't see myself doing this, the pets looks so epic "cute term for us men", it has to be changed.

7 minutes ago, JCole said:

Slaughtering (Salvage) pets to make room....YIKES, this is not pet friendly at all, I can't see myself doing this, the pets looks so epic "cute term for us men", it has to be changed.

/agree. I posted about the same thing...:)

well, for example in cabal2 there was no option to 'get rid of' the dropped pet at all. They were practically unable to trade/salvage. All you could do with them was sell them to npc for 1alz aka 1 copper even tho they were kinda rare to drop.

Think of it like transmuting your extra pets to their core essence and using that essence to strengthen another pet by combining them. 

Or just learn to separate pixelated happenings in a virtual game form real life matters (slaughtering of innocents was of no moral concern when we went of the wagon after Mushin tempted us, huh?) .

18 hours ago, JCole said:

You go around killing mobs that look like all types of animals, and even human and now you worry about salvaging pets. okalright.
Its a game, pet is not different that any other piece of gear. If you like it keep it, if not salvage it.

Available pets include a ghost, panda, grizzly cub, dragon, a cute little sheep, an infernal, a few different colors of penguins, and the new griffon and otter pets designed just for North America and Europe! The new griffon pet is available with Vengeance Breaks, and the otter will be available a bit later down the line.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/pets-are-here-news/

They made it sound like all those pets they named except the otter.

2 hours ago, Unicorns said:

Available pets include a ghost, panda, grizzly cub, dragon, a cute little sheep, an infernal, a few different colors of penguins, and the new griffon and otter pets designed just for North America and Europe! The new griffon pet is available with Vengeance Breaks, and the otter will be available a bit later down the line.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/pets-are-here-news/

They made it sound like all those pets they named except the otter.

ooo this is nice to know.

I decided to watch the stream and they listed these:
Pink Penguin
Blue Penguin
Black Penguin
Yellow Penguin
Ghost 
Infernal Lord
Lycan
Griffon
and of course the Otter which won't be available this patch.  I'm hoping the dragon, sheep and grizzly cub with also be available day one. Any news on these @Rukkirii

20 hours ago, JCole said:

you do know this is a game right?

but you go around killing other people and animals in the game but you don't go "YIKES I can not bring myself to do this"

15 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

you do know this is a game right?

but you go around killing other people and animals in the game but you don't go "YIKES I can not bring myself to do this"

Curiously, I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable with the amount of wildlife I have to slaughter in this game to get medicinal parts or foodstuffs. :)

That said, the line is really blended there, because you feed a pet, but then again, you feed a weapon too. So, I'd just go with it being more of an automation than a supposedly real living creature that is your 'pet'.

15 minutes ago, Unicorns said:

I just wish pets were less cutsie and .. less.. bobble head-ie? If that makes sense to anyone.
And they didnt float around my head. A ghost floatating?.. okay. A Griffon?.. fine. A penguin?!?! whyyy

Because, easy coding!

Even I kind of went "wtf?" when i read you had to feed your pet with other pets..

But I do agree, I would have preferred these to be like Aion's pets that run on the ground beside you not like Lineage 2 Agethions that float next to your head.. not with how these look. They are way to cartoony.

Well I love the look!

But then I like more fantasy aspect/style to my games. I never choose the human looking ones or the true to nature, if you will, looking animals. And well I play a Lyn and Yun, so there ya go 

I gotta agree with this-I dont like how the pets float and how cartoony they look. At first I was so excited for a pet system but after reading everything about it and seeing the pets Im not sure how I feel about it now.

Edit- I meant to quote DirectorTseng

3 hours ago, Nattia said:

I was disappointed by not seeing the sheep on the stream...

I was disappointed by not seeing the Dragon or Panda.. but hopefully we hear about them soon.

1 hour ago, MissFirewolf said:

I gotta agree with this-I dont like how the pets float and how cartoony they look. At first I was so excited for a pet system but after reading everything about it and seeing the pets Im not sure how I feel about it now.

Edit- I meant to quote DirectorTseng

If you press quote, it will appear in the corner as a pop up and then you click on it again to make it appear as a quote. Isn't the best system, but it works.

Hum, funny enough it makes me think of feeding mice and rats to a pet snake so it's not that disturbing to me, although some of the spirit essence talks have made it sound like it would in the spiritual way and less gory system, kinda like how you got the life force from the four guardian beasts and so on... also Dotimus, that was hilarious even if a bit crude XD

PS. the OP sounds a bit like someone who would be a passionate PETA person going bonkers over everything that seems even remotely animal cruelty, be it in real life or in virtual reality.

Archived