Ncsoft protection is bullshit.

Teffy

Ok I got hacked.How this guy stolen my account I'm still trying to figure out.I got the idea ncsoft account protection is really really really bad - no security questions,etc literally no protection.However my pain is not just that I got hacked but because I have reputation on Windrest server Europe and this guy somehow eventually know that and he is abusing my account....he scammed many people in past 2h(Because ncsoft support is the best thing in this game and reply to lock account seems to take looong time)even accounts.Because people know me.

And there my rupation and my hongmoon path to glory is about to end.I spend a lot money in this game but now I`ll be gone.I can't stand the fact of what happened and I just can't see my future in this game as people will point at me with a whisper "this guy is major scammer".

Sincerly yours,HCO aka Dans Windrest Europe.

4 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

how is account protection weak? You have to authorize the IP, you are notified if some1 accessed your account, they need to know your password and they need to know your 6 digit code as well? what?

I'm still trying to figure out how that happen.But thing is it did happen and the sad part - many friends and random people got scammed.

In every game I played so far you have few steps of verification - phone number,security questions when e-mail is about to be changed and so on.Here? Nothing...

I wrote to support from my second account in the minute I noticed my e-mail was hacked.Thing is your support is extreamly slow and the hacker is on rampage mode scamming people and accounts.He is selling people ncoins or whatever and as I have high reputation people are giving him ther info to log in ther accounts for premium membership although I never myself asked anyone account info...

When I logged in our TS to ask people am I logged in they told me all this things...this guy scammed thousands of gold...

14 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I'm still trying to figure out how that happen.But thing is it did happen and the sad part - many friends and random people got scammed.

In every game I played so far you have few steps of verification - phone number,security questions when e-mail is about to be changed and so on.Here? Nothing...

>.> I suggest making a strong password in the future. One that contains at least 1 Capital letter, number and special symbols like:  AsDfGhTr01*& which is impossible to brake.

7 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I wrote to support from my second account in the minute I noticed my e-mail was hacked.Thing is your support is extreamly slow and the hacker is on rampage mode scamming people and accounts.He is selling people ncoins or whatever and as I have high reputation people are giving him ther info to log in ther accounts for premium membership although I never myself asked anyone account info...

Your email was hacked? Interesting. They can't help you with your email though. Best thing to do is hope they lock your account quickly and then do an extremely slow investingation.

This usually happens when you accept a download from someone that plays bns and knows you. IT can be anything as long as it's an executable, it can contain a keyloger, and there is no protection from that apart your own. Because the user that actually "hacks" you, just uses your own password and e-mail, and pin and ... hell he may even know your paypal and other accounts by now.

Your clan mate, online friend, faction, dungeon buddy etc that has played by your side for months on end to the point trust was built could of easily hack your account by method of email file sending that you agreed to..... be careful because these hackers are very clever, they would buddy you for more than a year and still screw you over. 

Your account has been accessed from an unverified location.
IP Address: 88.113.28.118:8997

And the clan mate that got hacked as well(People though I'm on hes account on a rampage mode scamming everyone)have the same ip but different port.So the hacker is from FI >.<

^ Sounds about right. You probably downloaded third party program without proper anti virus protection on your PC.  You probably have other things to worry about other than BnS.

So in the end, NCSoft protection is not bullshit. You are just inexperience with your PC and the internet.

Just now, Mucski said:

I am playing them longer, and NEVER got hacked. In fact, never got hacked on any website/game at all.

I was very confident in myself as well but you never know ...

1 minute ago, Teffy said:

I'm playing MMOS from about 15 years now and It's first time I got hacked...

I am playing them longer, and NEVER got hacked. In fact, never got hacked on any website/game at all.You also do realize, that BNS gives people incentive to hack people since everything is so hard to earn... so of course they will make up elaborate scam plans, and ways to get into rich people's accounts and empty them as fast as possible.

3 hours ago, Kohashi said:

how is account protection weak? You have to authorize the IP, you are notified if some1 accessed your account, they need to know your password and they need to know your 6 digit code as well? what?

check this thread if you want to know 

My password was like letter-number-5 letters - special sign - 3 numbers. Imo the problem wasn't the password ....

The hacker scammed over 10k gold from people from my account.I belive everyone in my place would feel really bad...just like I Do...

I

4 hours ago, Teffy said:

When I logged in our TS to ask people am I logged in they told me all this things...this guy scammed thousands of gold...

It's

"I got the idea ncsoft account protection is really really really bad"

Which is why the hackers got BOTH your BnS and E-mail login / account names?

Seriously?

I think you have some serious computer security issues in general... probably got full remote access to your PC. O_o

And wtf... why would people give you their login info? Unless you guys have been sharing accounts before or something... I'd never give my best friend my login info, because who knows what shit he may have downloaded on his PC. O_o

13 minutes ago, ander01se said:

I

It's

"I got the idea ncsoft account protection is really really really bad"

Which is why the hackers got BOTH your BnS and E-mail login / account names?

Seriously?

I think you have some serious computer security issues in general... probably got full remote access to your PC. O_o

And wtf... why would people give you their login info? Unless you guys have been sharing accounts before or something... I'd never give my best friend my login info, because who knows what shit he may have downloaded on his PC. O_o

I was asking myself the same question - why he gived hes account info...

1 hour ago, Teffy said:

My password was like letter-number-5 letters - special sign - 3 numbers. Imo the problem wasn't the password ....

The hacker scammed over 10k gold from people from my account.I belive everyone in my place would feel really bad...just like I Do...

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

test your password here.

lol and enter that IP in this : https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-address-lookup/ it even comes up with a name and address.. taadaa!! mistery solved

34 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

test your password here.

lol and enter that IP in this : https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-address-lookup/ it even comes up with a name and address.. taadaa!! mistery solved

100% Very Strong

I guess not that very strong...

And the IP is somewhere in Finland at some unknown to me ISP...how does that will help me? I never was in Finland...

28 minutes ago, Teffy said:

100% Very Strong

I guess not that very strong...

And the IP is somewhere in Finland at some unknown to me ISP...how does that will help me? I never was in Finland...

it gives the name of the user XD. its a static IP ... so like somebody said.. dont share your account with friends next time :p

Archived