How do Destroyers work with 'tanks'?

teoteodore

I leveled a FM to 47 and IMHO never saw a tank in a dungeon, per se, just a lot of DPS ... in fact, I often wound up being the tank.  But that's another story.

When you really do have a 'tank' (BM or KFM), how does the Destroyer cc skills work in?  Should I be attempting that against the 'tank's' target or should it be strictly an 'off-tank' role ... or should I avoid cc and just DPS (admittedly not the best use of my talents)?

One of the destroyer's best assets in party is it's amazing potential to CC. CCing is very helpful in such dungeons when you do have a tank. You should work on CCing and grabbing the target(in that case I would definitely recommend having grab at at least stage1) so you give the rest of your party an opportunity to damage the boss for 6 whole seconds. Also, CCs are most of the time the party's lifesaver especially in places like BSH or Poh and other bosses where a stop is needed. You should balance between both but concentrate more on CCing because destroyer has the highest number of CCs in the game.

Destroyer is a secondary tank. In the case when you aren't tanking, use double CC at specific periods, don't spam them.

Use them to:

- Cancel a boss's CC attack on the tank (Yellow attack / boss engages new pose)

- Cancel an AoE defense crush attack (Red attack)

- Recover party focus (Upgrade grab to use)

Stun = Blitz, Ram (S2T4), Stone Shield (S4T2)

KD = Body kick, Axe Sweep (S1T3)

KB = Typhoon (S3T2)

Daze = Gust (S3T3), Knee (S1T1)

Destroyers can tank in the sense of being able to take the damage without dying, but their aggro is not that good. The only skill that gives them threat is close to useless for main tanking. Imagine yourself as being a DPS that can CC bosses alone and can survive easily if needed. Tanks should be able do whatever they do regardless of your CC.

I want to add to 7XVe's reply that you can use Typhoon (S2T3) to have 4 stuns, that adds up to 3 x double CCs (daze is just unreliable and you'll probably never use it - I talk about double CC). Knee is ok though since you'll crit a lot and have it up all the time, so you can joint attack with someone else.

Later on, we'll get the KB on shield (if I understood correctly), which means we can have a double stun, a double KD, a double KB plus a daze (and very rarely double daze).

Wait what! We are not the main Tank? I really thought this class was the main tank lol

I'm lvl 39 now and in all dungeons, if the Boss is not on me then its on DPS!

I figured long CCs was the way to Tank in this game lol

I love this class much more the Warlock/DPS that I have, much more fun!

Archived