TigerKFM

R.I.P Profile Pictures AGAIN.

Recommended Posts

TigerKFM   


xvd4r11.jpg
Let's take the time to thank those in the community who (Once again) ruined the feature for those who weren't uploading pornographic and illegal images.
Let's thank those who (once again) ruined something for everyone.
Let's thank them for their immaturity and irresponsibility, and for being the reason the rest of us can't have nice things.

Thank you sooo much North American community, for being "mature". (Ha! Maturity in North America...)
It's getting disabled again, because of a few people... now it's going to take longer than 2 months, and I doubt we're going to get it back this time.

The other regions never had anything disabled.
GG NA/EU...

Source


d4f4132b12b7bbd4e679446811254d33.jpg

Edited by TigerKFM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuzu   

What do you expect from NA players?

Give them an inch, they take a mile.

But this is also "funny" to them since being rebellious is fun apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mucski   

If i wouldn't know better I'd say players on both EU and NA side are deliberately trying to make the game unplayable for others, hell even trying to make it look dead just so everyone quits. I wonder what do they have to gain from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerKFM   
8 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

What do you expect from NA players?

Give them an inch, they take a mile.

But this is also "funny" to them since being rebellious is fun apparently.

tbh, imo this isn't even sad anymore, I expected this to happen.
Now I just sit back and watch as the community once again, thinks they "deserve" to have a feature they can't even be responsible with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nadjja   

Their two months fix took thirty minutes to bypass.

Yes, the maturity of NA players might be dubious at best, but if those immature people could figure out how to get around NCWest's fix in about 1/30th part of the time it took them to create and implement this so-called fix, then that doesn't paint a very pretty picture for the developers.

inb4 post gets deleted and I get infracted.

Edited by Nadjja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuzu   
4 minutes ago, Mucski said:

If i wouldn't know better I'd say players on both EU and NA side are deliberately trying to make the game unplayable for others, hell even trying to make it look dead just so everyone quits. I wonder what do they have to gain from that?

"If I don't like it, no one else should like it too!" mentality is strong in NA it seems. Can only speak for NA since I don't pay much attention to EU.

 

4 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

tbh, imo this isn't even sad anymore, I expected this to happen.
Now I just sit back and watch as the community once again, thinks they "deserve" to have a feature they can't even be responsible with.

Pretty much.

They'll just throw the "Why punish all of us when there was only a few?" then throw that it's NCsoft's fault for doing a bad job of monitoring when the core problem is the maturity of the community.

But at the same time I won't defend the fact that there was a bypass in a very short time so that makes me question how much effort they actually put into the "fix".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyrax   

Anyway they could just add an option to report inapropiate pics instead of disabiling it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zuf said:

Here's a crazy idea.
Why not just ban the abusers?

To be honest I feel the same if the picture uploaded was something graphic like porn, it feels unfair the rest of the people have to suffer due to these immature trolls and/or perverts that want to just fap even to their own profile picture inside a game. But ah well, it's gone now for good since some NA/EU players have shown they can't control their immaturity one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Majka   

I hope this time they'll add the "report inappropriate image" button as well. At least, if someone cares about his/her account, he/she'll think 2 times before to upload such images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuf   

Here's a crazy idea.
Why not just ban the abusers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitah   

@Rukkirii: May I suggest instead of character imagery if we could have the 3d character models instead? Much like the Taiwan version of the game. Since it has already been implemented in one version it shouldn't be that difficult to move it over. At least for a temporary solution? It is a shame people abuse the feature. I do hope you ban the handful that have as-well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyrax   
3 minutes ago, Zuf said:

Here's a crazy idea.
Why not just ban the abusers?

pls it'd be too much work for them, don't say crazy things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuf   
1 minute ago, Kyrax said:

pls it'd be too much work for them, don't say crazy things

Let's also disable the faction and zone chats. There's so damn much abuse on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zuf said:

Let's also disable the faction and zone chats. There's so damn much abuse on them.

tis true, there's alot of verbal abuse more worse than the profile pics lel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nadjja   
Just now, Zuf said:

Let's also disable the faction and zone chats. There's so damn much abuse on them.

Might as well disable chat altogether and have people communicate through emotes and symbols, ala Sims. Words can get too offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Provois   

So now we have to wait another 12414 month until they remove the bypass some ppl use. Because Removing is the only thing they can. How about just bann the few ppl who abuse it? nope too much work for ncsoft... lol (srsly i never saw a single pron or whatever profile picture). During this in other locations of this game is no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Romeo21   
7 minutes ago, Provois said:

So now we have to wait another 12414 month until they remove the bypass some ppl use. Because Removing is the only thing they can. How about just bann the few ppl who abuse it? nope too much work for ncsoft... lol (srsly i never saw a single pron or whatever profile picture). During this in other locations of this game is no problem.

Actually, All players I came across in cross-server dungeon doesn't even have pics, I've never seen any single player with porn pic either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unicorns   

Im sure no matter what they do people will find a way around it. They did it once, they will do it again. They should put their effort into making a report feature on the profile and punish with bans people who put innapropriate things. But nooo thats way too much of a logical solution, ncsoft rather takes 2 months to put a stop to it! Took people less than 6 hours to figure out how to by pass it. So not only did they fail amazingly, people took it as a challenge to by pass it and to post innapropriet things. Im sure they are just making this issue worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nadjja   
Just now, Unicorns said:

I less than 6 hours to figure out how to by pass it. So not only did they fail amazingly, people took it as a challenge to by pass it and to post innapropriet things. Im sure they are just making this issue worse.

Try half an hour.

How I wish the company was anywhere as great as the game they're handling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nadjja said:

Try half an hour.

How I wish the company was anywhere as great as the game they're handling.

They're great alright... just when it comes to creating all sorts of P2Prog/RNG whale-milking events unfortunately. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yetan   
31 minutes ago, Zuf said:

Here's a crazy idea.
Why not just ban the abusers?

Being FTP and not using any real world identity to sign up and play, banning doesn't have much effective results. People could just create another account and do it again.

 

I'm curious how BnS enforces the rules on character profiles in China. I heard the Chinese government has more strict rules over internet content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

I never believed in human decency to begin with... thanks for ruining it for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now