Sign in to follow this  
wolftonrei

The Problem With Blade and Soul

Recommended Posts

Took forever to make, but it is finally done. Welcome to a shotty first try video to trying to talk about quirks i particularly don't care for.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what do people expect from the game. Many people complain about grinding and expenses of leveling and Hongmoon Skills. Leveling here is really easy and fast compared to some games where at around lvl 40 you need to spend HOURS just to get few % and getting max level might take even months. Hongmoon skills are called secret techniques for a reason and that is so that not every single person will have them. I would rage more if they were way too easy to get and everyone has them than what they are now. If they were any easier it would be as if the devs pat our heads and say "I know you are lazy so I'll just give the rarest stuffs to you for free.

 

Maybe MMO games aren't for you if grinding and leveling is too much for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkEj said:

Mate did u play mmogames?:D

It's like my life blood. Always got at least one on the side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Not sure what do people expect from the game. Many people complain about grinding and expenses of leveling and Hongmoon Skills. Leveling here is really easy and fast compared to some games where at around lvl 40 you need to spend HOURS just to get few % and getting max level might take even months. Hongmoon skills are called secret techniques for a reason and that is so that not every single person will have them. I would rage more if they were way too easy to get and everyone has them than what they are now. If they were any easier it would be as if the devs pat our heads and say "I know you are lazy so I'll just give the rarest stuffs to you for free.

 

Maybe MMO games aren't for you if grinding and leveling is too much for you?

First off my complaint was that quests ended right before you hit max level leaving you to have to grind dailies. Not the entire process. Second, is it really too much to ask for a more engaging experience? Having to spend days/weeks/months decimating the evil monster population for what feels like a minor upgrade is just soul draining. I don't want it for free, i just don't want a second job.  Thirdly, why is it that one of the first response to a complaint is "oh don't like one part of x thing in game even though you still like it? Then don't play it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wolftonrei said:

First off my complaint was that quests ended right before you hit max level leaving you to have to grind dailies. Not the entire process. Second, is it really too much to ask for a more engaging experience? Having to spend days/weeks/months decimating the evil monster population for what feels like a minor upgrade is just soul draining. I don't want it for free, i just don't want a second job.  Thirdly, why is it that one of the first response to a complaint is "oh don't like one part of x thing in game even though you still like it? Then don't play it!"

I did not say you should not play it but that maybe MMOs in general aren't your type as at least the ones I played all are super grindy. It is not a job unless you want to make it. Everything can be obtained with no time IF you have incredible luck. Quest stopping before letting you get max level is pretty normal I would say. In some other games the main quest ends when you hit 5% and then you have to level whole level (that might take month if you play once in a while) until you can continue with the story. Here it lets you see the story fully even without reaching the maximum level and leveling here in my opinion is maybe too fast compared to what I got used to as it might take only a day or two of no-lifing to max level. It is nice if you enjoy the game but I wouldn't want to change the methods or requirements to obtain the HM skills or other gear as lower gear is plenty good to finish the dungeons we currently have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PatchKid   
5 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Not sure what do people expect from the game. Many people complain about grinding and expenses of leveling and Hongmoon Skills. Leveling here is really easy and fast compared to some games where at around lvl 40 you need to spend HOURS just to get few % and getting max level might take even months. Hongmoon skills are called secret techniques for a reason and that is so that not every single person will have them. I would rage more if they were way too easy to get and everyone has them than what they are now. If they were any easier it would be as if the devs pat our heads and say "I know you are lazy so I'll just give the rarest stuffs to you for free.

 

Maybe MMO games aren't for you if grinding and leveling is too much for you?

Giving everyone skills in the open-world, maybe not.  In the supposed "balanced" arena setting - absolutely.  No player should be forced to fight someone who has advanced skills that are an advantage - or have significantly more skills because they have leveled farther in an "equalized" environment.

 

In the arena, they need to fix the following:

 

1. Everyone should gain max level HM level, and all available skills.

2. You should able to configure your skills from the lobby.

 

Once that is in place, then no one can complain about the grind for HM skills or HM levels.  These things are irrelevant inside the arena setting.  Outside the arena setting you're doing PVE, and character progression matters.  You leave the arena, you don't have the skills anymore.

 

End of the day, there should be no question why someone wins an arena match.  The answer is "they were better players".  At this time the question remains.  Did they win because they have their HM skills unlocked vs an opponent who does not?  Did they win because they have more skill points to assign than their opponent?  Who can say for sure!  Will a level 50 HM 10 be better equipped in the Arena than a level 45?  The answer should be - no, but at the moment it is an absolutely 100% yes.

 

That's the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

Giving everyone skills in the open-world, maybe not.  In the supposed "balanced" arena setting - absolutely.  No player should be forced to fight someone who has advanced skills that are an advantage - or have significantly more skills because they have leveled farther in an "equalized" environment.

 

In the arena, they need to fix the following:

 

1. Everyone should gain max level HM level, and all available skills.

2. You should able to configure your skills from the lobby.

 

Once that is in place, then no one can complain about the grind for HM skills or HM levels.  These things are irrelevant inside the arena setting.  Outside the arena setting you're doing PVE, and character progression matters.  You leave the arena, you don't have the skills anymore.

 

End of the day, there should be no question why someone wins an arena match.  The answer is "they were better players".  At this time the question remains.  Did they win because they have their HM skills unlocked vs an opponent who does not?  Did they win because they have more skill points to assign than their opponent?  Who can say for sure!  Will a level 50 HM 10 be better equipped in the Arena than a level 45?  The answer should be - no, but at the moment it is an absolutely 100% yes.

 

That's the problem.

That guy is so *cricket* 100% right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

Giving everyone skills in the open-world, maybe not.  In the supposed "balanced" arena setting - absolutely.  No player should be forced to fight someone who has advanced skills that are an advantage - or have significantly more skills because they have leveled farther in an "equalized" environment.

 

In the arena, they need to fix the following:

 

1. Everyone should gain max level HM level, and all available skills.

2. You should able to configure your skills from the lobby.

 

Once that is in place, then no one can complain about the grind for HM skills or HM levels.  These things are irrelevant inside the arena setting.  Outside the arena setting you're doing PVE, and character progression matters.  You leave the arena, you don't have the skills anymore.

 

End of the day, there should be no question why someone wins an arena match.  The answer is "they were better players".  At this time the question remains.  Did they win because they have their HM skills unlocked vs an opponent who does not?  Did they win because they have more skill points to assign than their opponent?  Who can say for sure!  Will a level 50 HM 10 be better equipped in the Arena than a level 45?  The answer should be - no, but at the moment it is an absolutely 100% yes.

 

That's the problem.

The medal of sensible game design goes to....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pretty much that would make farming the HM skills useless. Not many are THAT good for pve but hey what do I know about anything. I prefer it to be this way and you don't but it's my opinion. I would see it unfair that I farm hours to get the skill and everyone gets it for free in arena anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I did not say you should not play it but that maybe MMOs in general aren't your type as at least the ones I played all are super grindy. It is not a job unless you want to make it. Everything can be obtained with no time IF you have incredible luck. Quest stopping before letting you get max level is pretty normal I would say. In some other games the main quest ends when you hit 5% and then you have to level whole level (that might take month if you play once in a while) until you can continue with the story. Here it lets you see the story fully even without reaching the maximum level and leveling here in my opinion is maybe too fast compared to what I got used to as it might take only a day or two of no-lifing to max level. It is nice if you enjoy the game but I wouldn't want to change the methods or requirements to obtain the HM skills or other gear as lower gear is plenty good to finish the dungeons we currently have.

You know despite playing MMOs for 12 years now i have never been the fastest at leveling. it's pretty common for me to hear people clear content waaay faster then i ever could, and i can't help but wonder how that is even possible. I guess i get too distracted while playing. Something i have never thought about though is that i just don't have the time like i used to for the grind as typical life things take over. So i want it to at least be shaved a bit so that i don't have to go through the same old routine of mass genocide in every MMO to progress.  If i have come off as a bit hostile i apologize. It wasn't my intention to be so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

The pretty much that would make farming the HM skills useless. Not many are THAT good for pve but hey what do I know about anything. I prefer it to be this way and you don't but it's my opinion. I would see it unfair that I farm hours to get the skill and everyone gets it for free in arena anyway.

I can get that. Personally though as a pvper in Blade and Soul it isn't much about the progression of my character as it is about the challenge of overcoming my opponent. Having to grind both inside and out of the arena to obtain what i need to climb up the ranks feels like an unnecessary waste of time. I do however like the challenge of being lower level without all of my skills and trying to overcome my opponent. As long as it only pertains to the arena i don't really mind the design as for PvE it is all about the progression, and being able to insta grab all your skills would be lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PatchKid   
2 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

The pretty much that would make farming the HM skills useless. Not many are THAT good for pve but hey what do I know about anything. I prefer it to be this way and you don't but it's my opinion. I would see it unfair that I farm hours to get the skill and everyone gets it for free in arena anyway.

You're right if the only reason you farmed this skills was too use them in the arena (further emphasising the idea that your effort entitles you to a distinct advantage in an "equalized" PVP setting). Otherwise, you can you them in OW PVP and the 6v6 and of course PVE.

 

The game was supposed to be friendly to casual PVP players, and it is completely the opposite because the grind for HM skills is significant. Instead of player skill being the only barometer for success in the arena, you have massive gaps in power from HM levels and skills.

 

The point is abundantly clear. No amount of time spent to earn rewards should grant you an advantage in the arena... The only advantage to time spent is the improvement to your playing skill (I.e practice).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this