Increase Character Deletion duration wait time

Lemings

I don't know why, and i'm VERY sure i'm not the first one to suggest this idea. I'd really think there's other threads that covered this but i'm about to explain what i hope isn't the first time this has ever been proposed and i'm as i typed i'm sure i'm not the first to suggest this.

Make the character deletion time 168 hours or more before removed off the server with option to cancel deletion.

Allow premium members the option to have the deletion happen in 2 hours (or less).

If people want to use bots to spam the chat all the time, this will make their presence profitable for the people of Blade and Soul, and i'm in no way affiliated or supporting people using bot programs. It's like a weapon, if used for bad reasons, it's toxic to the game. If used to help and aid, it can improve the gaming experience for everyone.

I do apologize, i haven't searched for if anyone else suggested this.

No, there was a massive community complaint that the deletion time was absurdly long (7 days after lvl 15). You are the first I've seen to even think this is a good idea.

It's nothing but an annoyance to have to wait a week before a spot on your character selection is open again.

53 minutes ago, Quantum said:

First people ask to decrease the wait time and they did, now you want them to increase it.  -facepalm-

you only had to wait 7 days if you character was lvl 15+

Gold spammers are on a much lower level.

i'm saying for regardless of level, and as far as i know the only people who need fast character deletion are those who use bots or bot programs and need that fast deletion to happen in less than 10 min. Right now, there are people who spam with bot programs to spam the chat with horrid grammar advertisements which i'm sure if you bought from them your account would be deleted and/or banned and they'd be richer.

When the warlock was still new you could get an extra slot for free as part of the promotion. Who's to say every time Blade and Soul makes a new toon we get a free slot?

I'd like to think this game got to the point where people with bot programs were the only ones really in control. Think about it, even with all you posting in this thread. someone who owns a bot program could easily have one account make a forum post. Then another account make another forum post similar to the first one, and then the holder of bot accounts suddenly has 6+ posts on the same thread each different accounts with the same talking points. I'd like to think Blade and Soul lost out on oppurtunity and i don't know how to rule out the argument of these previous posts being held by one person with multiple accounts.

People, you did this. Sure don't complain to have one or 2 more slots for 3 or 4 total, complain about short deletion times. In fact, Blade And Soul is a very nice Free to play, but you could complain the price for an extra slot voucher is too high. I'm actually really amazed that they did implement shorter deletion times for everyone even though it would easily fit to be a premium perk.

I am proposing that those who pay for premium have that functionality of deleting a character off a slot in under like 10 minutes, this would reduce the spammers to either getting MORE accounts, or having to pay for premium so they can make a new spam toon. (this would feed the big Blade and Soul game unless they made more accounts to span for a week duration).

There are only 3 reasons why anyone would want to delete a toon as far as what i can think of, and it would most commonly be before they reach level 10 or 20.

1. Didn't like how the toon looks after roaming around in the game world.

2. Need to make a new toon and power level to 15 to spam horrid grammar advertisements.

3. Leveled to 20 and didn't like the class.

46 minutes ago, Lemings said:

i'm saying for regardless of level, and as far as i know the only people who need fast character deletion are those who use bots or bot programs and need that fast deletion to happen in less than 10 min. Right now, there are people who spam with bot programs to spam the chat with horrid grammar advertisements which i'm sure if you bought from them your account would be deleted and/or banned and they'd be richer.

When the warlock was still new you could get an extra slot for free as part of the promotion. Who's to say every time Blade and Soul makes a new toon we get a free slot?

I'd like to think this game got to the point where people with bot programs were the only ones really in control. Think about it, even with all you posting in this thread. someone who owns a bot program could easily have one account make a forum post. Then another account make another forum post similar to the first one, and then the holder of bot accounts suddenly has 6+ posts on the same thread each different accounts with the same talking points. I'd like to think Blade and Soul lost out on oppurtunity and i don't know how to rule out the argument of these previous posts being held by one person with multiple accounts.

People, you did this. Sure don't complain to have one or 2 more slots for 3 or 4 total, complain about short deletion times. In fact, Blade And Soul is a very nice Free to play, but you could complain the price for an extra slot voucher is too high. I'm actually really amazed that they did implement shorter deletion times for everyone even though it would easily fit to be a premium perk.

I am proposing that those who pay for premium have that functionality of deleting a character off a slot in under like 10 minutes, this would reduce the spammers to either getting MORE accounts, or having to pay for premium so they can make a new spam toon. (this would feed the big Blade and Soul game unless they made more accounts to span for a week duration).

There are only 3 reasons why anyone would want to delete a toon as far as what i can think of, and it would most commonly be before they reach level 10 or 20.

1. Didn't like how the toon looks after roaming around in the game world.

2. Need to make a new toon and power level to 15 to spam horrid grammar advertisements.

3. Leveled to 20 and didn't like the class.

Although your ideas are in the right place. Something like this is just another way players get the short end of the stick just because ncsoft cannot think of a better way to deal with bots. 

Sorry, but saying only people who use bots need fast character deletion is wrong.

When I am creating a new character, I create and delete the character over and over. That is because the character often looks a lot different when it's finally in game, you can see colors and proportions much better. Sometimes you first notice something you don't like about the char after you have played a bit, and want to recreate when you have already gained some levels.

Adding such a system is silly, especially because bots would just create new accounts if that system was added and in the end it would only effect the real players.

It didn't keep the bot population low when the char deletion took 7 days after lv 15 at the start of the game, so it won't change anything now.

@Nilkemios but I`ll bite it....

OP aren't you the smartest on your house ,are you?
the gold spammer and the bots just make another ACC... --' 
they dont give a shit about the time to delete a char on the other hand some ppl ( new players usually) that don't have 8 slots on char selection may need to delete a class that isn't satisfied around lv 30 or something like that... 

This got to be a troll thread because when he said that the only people that want a faster deletion time is people that use bots???? dude I am glad you not my neighbor if you are for real about this, you know I had waste my profit I was saving to open up a new slot, all I wanted to do was delete a class I did not like after testing and create a new one for TESTING, WE CAN NOT GET THE FULL UNDERSTANDING OF CLASSES TILL LVL 25 DUDE! and now you want to increase it even more???

I deleted my character a few times before I liked its look. If it was more than 6 mins,  I would have been groaning/banging my head. Just want to make ma char look guud yo!

Some bots has premium too and yeh- they would have just make a new acc.

Archived