Jump to content
Forums

BnS Guide: How to unlock all hongmoon skills and secret techniques.


Recommended Posts

What's up everyone. I decided to make an in depth video on how to unlock all the hongmoon skills / secret techniques in the game. It's kind of a long video but if you want to know how to do it this should show you how. Let me know if you got any questions.

 

 

Edited by Koter
Link to post
Share on other sites

As about as helpful as this video probably is, the game itself already explains how to get the skills. Your videos are helpful, but I'm sure people catch on fast enough to either not need to watch the video or use your videos as a reminder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hinotama000 said:

As about as helpful as this video probably is, the game itself already explains how to get the skills. Your videos are helpful, but I'm sure people catch on fast enough to either not need to watch the video or use your videos as a reminder.

Same could be said about dungeon videos...... But those are like a prerequisite for even doing a dungeon first time in this game.

 

Also the game doesn't tell you where to get certain things if you just look on your achievements.

 

thanks OP for taking the time to make these videos. They will definitely help someone out and are appreciated. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

Same could be said about dungeon videos...... But those are like a prerequisite for even doing a dungeon first time in this game.

 

Also the game doesn't tell you where to get certain things if you just look on your achievements.

 

thanks OP for taking the time to make these videos. They will definitely help someone out and are appreciated. :D

The fact that a video has to be watched to understand how a dungeon works instead of explaining it to players inside the game is sad. It would not hurt anyone to take a few minutes in game to teach how a dungeon is supposed to be done, which has been done by more and more people who are willing to help those out instead of telling them to go watch a video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hinotama000 said:

The fact that a video has to be watched to understand how a dungeon works instead of explaining it to players inside the game is sad. It would not hurt anyone to take a few minutes in game to teach how a dungeon is supposed to be done, which has been done by more and more people who are willing to help those out instead of telling them to go watch a video.

To me watching a video feels lazy; I don't do it and I hate that people consider you dead weight in a party because you haven't. I'm not scared of making mistakes and learning from them and it's sad that if you do a new dungeon for the first time in this game and wipe the majority of party members will leave. It's seriously pathetic. 

 

I dont fast forward to the end of a movie, watch the end and the start from the beginning; it spoils the immersion. 

 

Patience isn't a virtue of the majority of players in this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This

51 minutes ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

To me watching a video feels lazy; I don't do it and I hate that people consider you dead weight in a party because you haven't. I'm not scared of making mistakes and learning from them and it's sad that if you do a new dungeon for the first time in this game and wipe the majority of party members will leave. It's seriously pathetic. 

 

I dont fast forward to the end of a movie, watch the end and the start from the beginning; it spoils the immersion. 

 

Patience isn't a virtue of the majority of players in this game.

^

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hinotama000 said:

As about as helpful as this video probably is, the game itself already explains how to get the skills. Your videos are helpful, but I'm sure people catch on fast enough to either not need to watch the video or use your videos as a reminder.

Thank you for the feedback, Hinotama000. You are right, but my videos are mostly made for new players who are curious or want to know more about these kinds of things. I remember when I started blade and soul, I tried to find out more info about these hongmoon secret techniques and could never find any info except from the asian websites.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

Same could be said about dungeon videos...... But those are like a prerequisite for even doing a dungeon first time in this game.

 

Also the game doesn't tell you where to get certain things if you just look on your achievements.

 

thanks OP for taking the time to make these videos. They will definitely help someone out and are appreciated. :D

Thank you. Just want to contribute to the BnS community, whatever is left of it. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hinotama000 said:

 

The fact that a video has to be watched to understand how a dungeon works instead of explaining it to players inside the game is sad. It would not hurt anyone to take a few minutes in game to teach how a dungeon is supposed to be done, which has been done by more and more people who are willing to help those out instead of telling them to go watch a video.

 

It'd be nice if someone would explain to me dungeon mechanics, because if i said, its my first time suddenly only me and my friend are in the dungeon... and my friend who is also inexperienced said "CAN.U.DONT" 

 

Sometimes i get the " GO watch a youtube video."

 

If they tell me and i dont get it on the first time (yeti heat phase) they said, "are you an idiot?"  and something like with money doesn't come skill.. last i check i didn't need to run yeti for True pirate mats.

 

I also get " pls leave noob"

 

I watch the video on internet and i have to write it down, because not experiencing it first hand is very difficult to learn. I watched Aeonwcs(?) Yeti mechanics more than 10> Times. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ander01se said:

Thanks OP! 

 

And while we're at it, where do I get the upgradable Bracelet / Belt? Seen some people say BSH 6-man, but ran it 20-30 times and never seen it drop so far... O_o;

 

 

If you were happen to have abundance of siren or pirate emblem.. it can be purchased from NPC near entrance to the dungeon or near NSH, Efleet

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

 

 

If you were happen to have abundance of siren or pirate emblem.. it can be purchased from NPC near entrance to the dungeon or near NSH, Efleet

Ok thanks, but doesn't it drop as well? :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ander01se said:

Ok thanks, but doesn't it drop as well? :o

Yeah. But they are also a quest reward.  Im still running 24 man Efleet and Nightshade harbor precisely for hoarding siren and pirate emblem+ Hae Mujin's balls..

 

Efleet can yield you max around 4-6 siren emblems while NSH is kind of less forgiving with rate of 2 pirate emblems/day. 

 

But yeah.. might took you about 10 days at least to get enough emblem to buy upgrade-able accessories.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the video Koter was pretty helpful, I didn't even notice that new vendor lol, and man I don't really like doing arena much even though it better than Open PVP, it just get boring after awhile.

1 hour ago, ander01se said:

Thanks OP! 

 

And while we're at it, where do I get the upgradable Bracelet / Belt? Seen some people say BSH 6-man, but ran it 20-30 times and never seen it drop so far... O_o;

Don't forget you can get some Siren/Pirate Emblem by completing the Mushrroom Event dungeon "while it last".

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, don't listen to the... "malcontents" who think that your vid is somehow going over info that is well known or easily obtainable.  It is not.  And making the info available to new players and old is very beneficial.

 

Thanks for the video and keep up the good work.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are any of these skills even necessary for PvE? Since it seems all of them can only be acquired through PvP modes?

Pretty much out of luck if I have zero interest in PvP and can only buy from marketplace?

I think it would be helpful to simply have a chart explaining what materials are needed for each skillbook + where to get each material.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melodia said:

Are any of these skills even necessary for PvE? Since it seems all of them can only be acquired through PvP modes?

Pretty much out of luck if I have zero interest in PvP and can only buy from marketplace?

I think it would be helpful to simply have a chart explaining what materials are needed for each skillbook + where to get each material.

I know summoner's one from PvP is quite useful for PvE but useless for PvP I'm 99% sure I read that somewhere but to be honest I get PvP anxiety so I avoid looking at the zen bean skill because I'll never get one. I'm a PvE scrub. 

 

I just wish they'd make that one skill from PvP obtainable in PvE like they made the exception for PvPers. 

 

Its not not fun being half dead before you even load into arena for a skill and those 5000 zen beans even doing dailies feels like a prison sentence being a total PvP pleb like me. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I'd love a written guide. I really dislike the video guides, they are very hard to reference, you can't print out the instructions, you basically have to memorize it all. :(

haha! DomiSotto, that's not a bad idea. I wonder how many pages it would take to write / type everything out lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChanChan said:

Lost me when you copped support for RNG boxes. Away with you, wallet warrior.

ChanChan, the only time I spent money on this game is when it first came out and I spent most of my money on inventory slots, xp soups and like costumes. So like $30+ dollars total. Yup I'm a wallet warrior :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koter said:

haha! DomiSotto, that's not a bad idea. I wonder how many pages it would take to write / type everything out lol.

is there any software that can transcribe voice-over in the video in plane text? Would have been great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...