kfm comet strike

Masterbating

so on comet strike first tree theres time when u can cast comet strike after using searing palm 1 stage and the move onto the 4th like only 3-4 second in between and theres time u can't

can anyone tell me how this work? I couldn't figure it out.

what you most likely are experiencing is the effect of your fighting spirit buff. The self buff resets the cooldown of stage 1 and stage 3 comet strike for the duration, while the party buff version lowers the cooldown of stage 1 and stage 3 comet strike by 4 sec everytime a party member lands a hit. With the party buff version if you are in a full group of fast hitters it's very possible for them to land enough hits to almost instantly reset the cooldown multiple times during the 10 seconds of fighting spirit.

Just to add, this is the absolute highest dps a KFM can muster right now. 

- Stack Searing Palm to 4

- Immediately buff and Comet Strike

- Hold 4 and laugh as you outdps FM's.

Given that you are in a 6 person party and they attack fast enough, you can literally just sit there holding 4 and crit 40-50k back to back to back. I was once in a party with two other kfms using Searing Blow (hits 5 times! each hit counts as one attack, so one SB from them reduced my Comet Strike cooldown by 20 seconds), and my 4 reset about twice a second. Assuming that was maintained for the full 10s (usually it isn't), I dealt around 900,000 damage alone in that 10 second window.

note: you really need the hongmoon tier Comet strike for the burst described, otherwise your focus will run out long before the 10 seconds end. Also any CC attack coming from the boss that you need to counter / iframe will seriously reduce the damage you can dish out as every second counts.

Archived