Please add Deposit gold in bank option to avoid being scammed

Trix

I did cold storage last night with 3 people from the same guild, everything went fine until the last lot of auctions on kaari lord.  I had previously bid until 2.40g on each stinger that came up and then dropped if it went over that price, the other 2 didn't bid on stingers at all so at the last stinger the 2 others passed and it was just me and the 3 guild members bidding on it.

I have a habit of moving my mouse off the bid button and reading the bid first before I click because I am aware of the way you can be scammed by just clicking without looking properly however the split second before I hit Y the bid was changed to 50g and all 3 immediately passed before I could even leave party to void the bid.

It was obviously a scam they have pulled before because they all did it in perfect synchronisation (guessing they were in a voice chat program) and all 3 typed the same insult within seconds of each other.

I have since started to vary when I place a bid to be less obvious in my bidding rhythm whereas before I bid fast to avoid wasting peoples time.

I'm not putting this on the forum to have a cry about it, i'm putting it here in the hope that NC will look into an option to place gold in the bank to avoid losing too much if you happen to hit Y a split second after someone trolls the bid.

Many other games already have this feature, I would feel a lot more secure if BnS had it too.

1 minute ago, Natose said:

next time just leave the dungeon before the timer and you wont get stuck with that 50g bid. that's your own fault and nc wont help you on that

There are multiple issues people cry about (faction imbalance, phishing, lost accounts) but I guess they all should just stfu and git gud. Or, you know, maybe the flaws could be fixed if they're apparent.

20 hours ago, Gratus said:

There are multiple issues people cry about (faction imbalance, phishing, lost accounts) but I guess they all should just stfu and git gud. Or, you know, maybe the flaws could be fixed if they're apparent.

it isn't a flaw in the game because you kept hitting Y too fast to overbid them thinking it was going to go up 1 copper. that isn't the game's fault but the players for not paying attention. and like I said before. you can always leave pty or goto next zone and it cancels your bid and you keep your money if you do it before the timer runs out. if you stay and complain and you lose 50g that's your problem not the game's fault. The other players know this too

It's the main reason why I wait until the last second of the bid. I still believe once someone bids it should be on cooldown for 2 seconds so other people can see the bid before.. well.. they bid. It would prevent this as-well.

Having a bank where you can put your gold would be nice. Another thing that would be nice is if you could have a section in  your account on how much you'd like to pay for each item (2g stinger, 1g moonstone, 50s Mirage Crystal) etc. that way when the bid goes over that it automatically passes it for you.

1 hour ago, Natose said:

it isn't a flaw in the game because you kept hitting Y too fast to overbid them thinking it was going to go up 1 copper. that isn't the game's fault but the players for not paying attention. and like I said before. you can always leave pty or goto next zone and it cancels your bid and you keep your money if you do it before the timer runs out. if you stay and complain and you lose 50g that's your problem not the game's fault. The other players know this too

You don't need to spam Y for it to happen. You can't leave party faster than the other players can skip the bidding. If the system leaves room for scamming, obviously it's flawed. It isn't even difficult to improve.

But hey, I guess bots and spammers aren't a flaw either. Maybe the playerbase should just stop supplying them with demand. It's not the game's fault. /s

22 hours ago, Natose said:

next time just leave the dungeon before the timer and you wont get stuck with that 50g bid. that's your own fault and nc wont help you on that

ROTFLMAO ... So, now it is the players' fault on a bidding mechanic exploit that NCS has known about and clearly hasn't done anything about since NA release.

how is it an exploit when you control when you hit Y

now i'm not talking about the people that waited a few seconds then hit it, i'm talking about the ones that just keep hitting Y when its at the copper stage and get upset when someone hits 1g and the Y spammer hits Y again thinking oh its 1c more. be more observant, When I was still beginning I fell for this too. Its a learning experience for sure, but that's player based. If you want a 100% secure bid war then go with people you know and divide up the loot or just bid normal but that's up to you, when you pug, you bid at your own risk. you could always put in the max bid you would want to pay, if there is a higher bid and you have a bid that you changed the numbers yourself, it will NOT let you bid, but if you spam Y then you just elevated to the next highest bid.

bid system in this game is just amazing, way better than some rng bids

now you are schooled (maybe) and wont do bid wars, which are for most people annoying, and bid fair price right from start manually, and take your item

running with f8 pugs is allways risky

On 5/21/2016 at 10:48 AM, Trix said:

I did cold storage last night with 3 people from the same guild, everything went fine until the last lot of auctions on kaari lord.  I had previously bid until 2.40g on each stinger that came up and then dropped if it went over that price, the other 2 didn't bid on stingers at all so at the last stinger the 2 others passed and it was just me and the 3 guild members bidding on it.

I have a habit of moving my mouse off the bid button and reading the bid first before I click because I am aware of the way you can be scammed by just clicking without looking properly however the split second before I hit Y the bid was changed to 50g and all 3 immediately passed before I could even leave party to void the bid.

It was obviously a scam they have pulled before because they all did it in perfect synchronisation (guessing they were in a voice chat program) and all 3 typed the same insult within seconds of each other.

I have since started to vary when I place a bid to be less obvious in my bidding rhythm whereas before I bid fast to avoid wasting peoples time.

I'm not putting this on the forum to have a cry about it, i'm putting it here in the hope that NC will look into an option to place gold in the bank to avoid losing too much if you happen to hit Y a split second after someone trolls the bid.

Many other games already have this feature, I would feel a lot more secure if BnS had it too.

Long story short, you didnt react in TEN 10 TEN seconds fast enough to leave party? Bet youre really good at joint stuns :^)

51 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Long story short, you didnt react in TEN 10 TEN seconds fast enough to leave party? Bet youre really good at joint stuns :^)

Long story short, you dont read.

But for OP - your own fault for pressing Y that fast

However, that being said - I would like the bid system to change also, where once you bid, you don't get to drop your bid even if you leave group. Tired of these idiots wasting my time on re-bids.

If deposit money into the bank allows alts to share it without any stupid mailing fees, then I want it.

About bidding scam, it's not like you can always have the chance to leave the party fast enough. Your party may be greedy and all pass too fast before you can leave, or you are unlucky to go against a two-person bidding with the scammer, since your party doesn't interest in the loot.

I think there should be a confirmation when the bidding suddenly goes up over two-fold in value. Like you are bidding 10g, suddenly if becomes 100g, a confirmation window (cannot pressed with Y button) will pop up.

You can argue that it's players' fault to be careless. However, people tend to be careless, and sometimes they need protection from their own carelessness. Think of handrail. If you're careful, you never actually need it. However, just by having it being there, you feel secure. And, in cases of someone is going to fall off the stair, having a handrail will stop that fall.

I have skill delay and I'll say this. This has happened to me once or twice. I go to bid first and someone pops it to 10g higher but before my skill delay even registers I've just purchased a soul shield for 10g. I don't apologise for lag or skill delay in advance in dungeons anymore. Id rather be called a noob if I died or news up than lose anymore gold to arseholes. 

Thank you to those who actually read my entire post instead of just the title and assumed I was a moron who wasn't being careful enough, spammed Y and deserved what she got for it.

I do play from Austraila with 250 ping and even with being careful to read the bid before clicking, it just happened way too fast for me to react. Like Squirrelzzzzz explained anyone can be caught out the same way.

Also thanks Quibbler for the advice, i've since started to manually enter my bid however I would still like the option of being able to put gold in the bank.

At least now you know how to not fall for it again, sucks but it is what happens when people can pull these tricks with no consequences.

Some people always wait until the last second to put in their bids to not have someone pull something like this on them.

1 hour ago, Trix said:

Thank you to those who actually read my entire post instead of just the title and assumed I was a moron who wasn't being careful enough, spammed Y and deserved what she got for it.

I do play from Austraila with 250 ping and even with being careful to read the bid before clicking, it just happened way too fast for me to react. Like Squirrelzzzzz explained anyone can be caught out the same way.

Also thanks Quibbler for the advice, i've since started to manually enter my bid however I would still like the option of being able to put gold in the bank.

Australia here too!!!! That's why I totally understood your post, just different circumstances but all down to our delay.

3 hours ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

Australia here too!!!! That's why I totally understood your post, just different circumstances but all down to our delay.

Always nice to meet a fellow aussie in game ^_^

On 5/22/2016 at 11:22 AM, Natose said:

23 hours ago, Syanonn said:

But for OP - your own fault for pressing Y that fast

However, that being said - I would like the bid system to change also, where once you bid, you don't get to drop your bid even if you leave group. Tired of these idiots wasting my time on re-bids.

You cannot blame OP for pressing Y too quickly, as he has no control over server lag that may takes 5sec+ between updates.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:22 AM, Natose said:

how is it an exploit when you control when you hit Y

... i'm talking about the ones that just keep hitting Y when its at the copper stage and get upset when someone hits 1g and the Y spammer hits Y again thinking oh its 1c more. be more observant, When I was still beginning I fell for this too....

Read ^^above^^ reply.

But seriously, this is a good bidding system, but it isn't one w/o flaws. The OP is one perfect example that allows for scammers to exist and those AFK BOTS is another.

IOW, there is plenty of room for improvement:

1. Game can start bid at 50~75% of market avg.

2. Bids should be limited to max 5-10x of current bid price.

3. Once bid, you are NOT allows drop out or leave party, or even a DISC. The bid is registered upon submission and money should be taken if you stay as the highest bidder.

1 and 2 should remove all those stupid low end 1c bids for items that can be 200-300G. But yet, it still allows to bid to go up quickly, but prevents most scams.

3 should prevent *most* scamming, since you still end up spending your gold even if you leave/drop out of the party in any form. 

53 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

IOW, there is plenty of room for improvement:

1. Game can start bid at 50~75% of market avg.

2. Bids should be limited to max 5-10x of current bid price.

I have no problem with your initial suggestion of bank gold deposit, but I disagree with these 2 suggestions. Bidding price is only relevant to the group and shouldn't be controlled by the market price. What you bid for a lot of gold in your group could be just given out in another group with a couple of coppers. IMO, the game should not dictate how much money people want to bid. In that sense, it is working fine as it is.

I understand your concern of delay affecting bidding. Many posters have suggested manually writing down the bid, rather than agreeing to the auto suggested bid as a safeguard. Another "improvement" that the game can provide is that allowing each player set a "confirmation threshold for bidding" for each character. For example, if the threshold is set to 1 gold, anytime you bid for higher than 1 gold, you have to click a "confirm" button. That way, in your scenario, the "confirm" is going out with the 2.4g bid, but the 50g bid would need to be re-confirmed first before sending out to the game server. This will have the downside of taking longer time to bid, but might be worth it.

53 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

3. Once bid, you are NOT allows drop out or leave party, or even a DISC. The bid is registered upon submission and money should be taken if you stay as the highest bidder.

I agree to this totally. I was really surprised when I saw people leaving group to cancel bids, after they wasted everyone else's time bidding against him. I believe that people should be responsible to their bids. If you are trying to fish a higher bid price, then you should take the risk of paying the high price yourself, just like bidding in the real world.

Archived