Beware of Phishing Scams

Liinxy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, GlowLight said:

Probably because people don't read the email properly and only see at the bottom that "NCSOFT" (fake one) sent them an email saying they need to verify their account or whatever, and hence they fall for the scam.

That's exactly how it happened with me....I wasn't concentrating...it was late...I didn't really read the email , It looked valid for the brief second I looked at it.

Now I will be much more careful .

22 hours ago, Auburey said:

That's exactly how it happened with me....I wasn't concentrating...it was late...I didn't really read the email , It looked valid for the brief second I looked at it.

Now I will be much more careful .

Be more careful next time.

Weird. Suddenly i can be on the Forums after i was sent a Mail Subsystem by the (edited) in regards to my situation unable to validate my Account onto the Forums. I read some stuff here. And i fear for my account now knowing that i got scammed perhaps? Does  B&SCommunity@NCSOFT.com  mean it's a fake? If so. I clicked it and sent my information only regarding my Display Name and Email, as per requested. Am i in danger?

Anyways. Aside that note, i was whispered by someone named by (forwarded to CS) saying the Team had drafted me into something, i forgot the link and the rest, cause it's been a few days after the gawd damn Forums refused to let me in here. Has the name (edited) ever been seen by others as suspicious or something? I don't know myself, cause GMs got a fat name to make sure you KNOW it's name and they usually wear crazy stuff and got the highest Level, Gear and all that nickels. I just wanna know if (edited) was a real person or suspicious at all, considering the majority of scammers and gold sellers are basically like trashbins without any gear or progress at all and they are easy to tell difference from. In this case, i can't tell. Let me know! Thanks!

I got a whisper the other day about winning a box and i need to go to blah blah blah and retrieve... I just laughed at them and took a screen shot... :) I can see where people would think this is real but again this is a P2W ohh a F2P game and most people are young teenagers and would see that and would click thinking it is real. If NCSOFT has known about the issues for several month now you would think they would have figured out a way to block them...

On 7/5/2016 at 6:13 AM, Provois said:

Im still wondering how ppl can fall for this obvious scam o_O.

Because they told me they were a GM and I had won 8000 NCoin!

Okay, I didn't, but that could be what gets some falling for it :p

Is this a phishing scam?

Dear customer,
Thank You for being a part of the Blade & Soul community, we have select a part account send package which includes:
30-day Premium Membership
Black Penguin Pet

Please click on the link below to confirm that you are using

Your account has a chance
Once Confirm, the Premium Membership starts and the pet is ready to be claimed on any character you have on your account!
Sincerely,
The NCSOFT Team

This is a new one I got yesterday. I noticed that the sender had a nice account character in fact they were a new soul fighter with level 50 HM2 already.

I have deleted the link address they sent me as per forum rules. Maybe they have given the account to gold farmers to power level or they got hacked?

Here is a link to an imgur picture of the message at the top and the profile of the toon on the account that sent the message.

im not sure if its also part of this but i got whisper from guy called (edited) telling me to l to log in to ...... eblade .com to get system update compensation ..with some gift or 800 nc Coins ... He had NCGM typed after his name but i doubt he was an real deal..so just to let you guys know ignore any whispers from this shady fallow ,unfortunetly i dyd not make any screenshots so i don't think i can report this.      

They change their website again and again to avoid getting busted , currently website i guess many people who received the whisper will know . There is no telling this such kind of thing will be stopped unless an IP ban for some regions is up . It will also deal with the gold spammers in game too .

Too bad for them i had a pin so they could not use my character. That 2 step verification is the problem they gave me I can't log into my game without the digits for now I have change my password all that is left with is the 2 step verification 

Archived