Beware of Phishing Scams

Liinxy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2016 at 9:25 PM, Khizar said:

today i got a massage saying that i have won 365 day premium just go to (Edited) ban plp for this my friend alrady lost his acc bec of this shit :/

Got this same one in Cross-Server yesterday.  But it was clearly stupid spam since I already have a paid annual subscription.  They're going to give me something I already have?  Oh sure I'm gonna fall for that!  HAH!  

Should block whole China and Korea IP's from accessing the game. Yes yes they can proxy, but they will have to pay for it, because free proxy is crap.

[Removed Image: Please edit out the phishing link before posting the image onto the forums.]

I love reporting the idiots that pretend to be GM's. They do not realize that a real GM has a specific moniker and you cannot inspect them at all. I always screenshot the pretenders profile and their chat when it happens then turn them in. Glad to hear that NcSoft is active in getting rid of these idiots.

@Momokko, This happened to me a week ago. I contacted my bank straight away and got the card blocked and they immediately started a fraud investigation. I already have my new card . I created a separate account and sent a ticket to NCsoft support team. They contacted me within 24 hrs and took control back of my account. It took about 4 days all up for them to verify it was my account and reassign it back to me. They also compensated me with gold for everything that was stolen off my toons. The support team was so understanding and directed me step by step through the whole ordeal. I can't speak highly enough of how appreciative I am for their support , understanding and generosity. They didn't have to compensate me but did anyway.  I hope you get back what you lost soon.

<thanks Auburey!

I did the same as you...but NCSoft keep asking for new emails and don't tell me anything about my account :( i was stolen Sunday, and i see time pass by :(

i think right now i don't want the gold! just my characters and the items i bought at store :) 

thank you for your answer! i will wait then :) 

@Momokko, first I created a new email and used that to create a new NCsoft account so I could send a ticket....The support team sent me an instructional email. I then had to create another new email not linked to anything and responded back to the support team on that. You must have a second email unlinked to anything as your account has been compromised and the hackers can gain control again if you don't. So just make another new email and respond to the address they would have given you. Also run all your scans on your computer to make sure it is clean.

Auburey i did that already :) but when i reply to them with a new mail they keep answer me for my previous mail! and come confusion was created... i send them a new mail today! hope that now it will be fine!

now i'm waiting for a reply :) 

thank you :)

if i have any doubt again i'll ask :) thank you so much for your attention :)

my friends account got hacked about 2weeks ago , his registered email got changed and cant login to NCsoft webpage anymore, its like its not exist anymore, so he sent email to support team ( more than 10 times) and nothing at all, really nothing, i tried to use ticketing system to ask for help ( 3times) ones they said he has to send mail directly by his email address ( nothing happened ) then again said he has to use ticket, but please tell me how is it possible to do that? I told them his account got hacked and cant login, it that really hard to understand ? is there any other way to revive the hacked account ? im getting crazy communicating with support team is like talking to robot, always same mail with same request like no one reads the message,

please someone help :/

Cavalier3003 your friend have to create a new NCSoft account and send ticket! then just follow their instructions! i had my account stolen too and took some time but i get it back! 

if you have any doubts feel free to ask!

So I changed my password right after the scammer apply that google authorization app bs and then submitted a ticket to NCSupport. Some guy from NC support got back to me requesting solid evidence of the scam (i.e. picture, which I did not took at the time). I only have email proves of scammer logging in through different IP address, so I sent those to them but they never get back to me... Is there any other way to get my account back? or I have to create a new account (I don't see the point of creating another account to submit ticket...)? 

what did u lose? if u lost your account you may need these answers:

• What is the account that you are concerned about?
• What are the names of any characters (and the server they are on) that you are hoping to recover?
• What date of birth did you use when you created the account?
• List all possible emails that you would have used on the NC Account.
• Does anyone you know have your password?
• Did you recently change the email on your account?

if you lost characters or items it should be another story, but what i got , you wont get any respond if you send emails, only way is ticketing system,

good luck

it seems i have to take back whatever i said, support team completely useless, even with ticketing system nothing happened, if your account got hacked no way to take it back, NCsoft will do nothing for you, create new one or leave this game, no one gonna help

nop... not true! i lost my account too....and i got it back! it took a week! 

i lost everything! when they got access to my account they immediatly changed email! i lost everything! i was ingame and got a message that my email was no longer valid to that account! 

i create a new account and send ticket! they asked me for a new email and i reply to them from it!

it took a few days and they ask me about my account! i'll send them everything i got! prints from almost i had.... 

i have it back now and they replace what it was possible! 

It is very sad what these scammers do. I assisted yesterday the stealing of my friend's account. I also sent a ticket reporting it, and my friend too. We were in the middle of an instance, and he never answered those stupid whispers, and always reported them...... very sad.

when they asked me a second email there was some confusing and i never understand why.... i send a mail from my new email but it updated my last ticket on the NCSOFT account that i created to send ticket!

when i realize this i create a new email.... Explain everything again, and that i created taht specific mail for them, and send  all my documents again (to prove the account was mine) but i didn't make any reference to my last tickets! 

after one or two days they replay and give me my account back.... 

make sure support mail is right....

make sure you describe everything that happened and send all documents you have to make possible to them verify your account

i.e. i play since beta, so i send them prints from that mails aswell..... send them order nr... prints from mails with the time when your account had been stolen,,,, 

don't give up...is your account..... 

Hi, I did exactly as the support team email said and had my account and compensation back within a week. I found them extremely supportive and understanding.

these are the steps I followed:

*made a new email and used that email to make a new NCsoft account.

*sent a ticket to support informing them of what happened and the account it happened to and character effected.

*they sent me an email instructing me on what to do.

*made a brand new email and responded to a link in the instruction email. (The link was to support team and had to include my reference or ticket number)

*they responded to the new email and all future correspondence went through new email.

*responded to all their question to prove the account was mine.

*They put a block on my account so no further damage could be done while they investigated.

*Once I proved the account was mine they relinked my account to the new email.

*Account came under my control and I was compensated for all my loss with gold.

You must follow the steps or they can't help you. They wont do anything if you keep contacting them through a compromised email address. They also will only deal with the account holder not a friend of.

Hope this information helps.

Today I was whispered in game by a level 4 character who told me to go to helpncsoft.com because I had an inappropriate account.  I went to helpncsoft.com and it looks so legitimate.  Is that another phishing website?  And how does this level 4 character have my name?  Do they just randomly type /whisper and some letters and then autocomplete and send it to whoever?

• NCSOFT
On 6/17/2016 at 9:27 AM, Youmukon said:

All these whispers / in-game mails are scams indeed. Besides reporting and blocking the spammers there is nothing else that can be done unfortunately. Just do not visit any address given to you in-game, don't reply to these whispers either.

Greetings, 

We would like to remind everybody of our previous post above. 

Team Blade & Soul

Archived