Beware of Phishing Scams

Liinxy

My account was just hacked this morning.  I was an idiot and fell for the GM whisper scam...   They changed my email address, password, everything.  I can't get into that account now, and created this one so I would be able to open a ticket and hopefully get some help quickly.   I've tried calling support, no answer/left voicemail, closed my PayPal account, created a ticket for support help, but have no idea how long it will be before I'm contacted back.  In the meantime, I'm afraid they are clearing my account out of everything, and I've spent a LOT of money on it....  Why does it take so long to be responded to, and is there any way to speed up the process?  Is there any way that my purchases can be salvaged?  Will my account even be able to be recovered?  Lesson learned for sure...  Coffee before gaming >.<  

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this phishing scams now became crazy, before, they only send once but now they send those whisper over and over, i report it as spammer but they still send whisper, then what i do is block spammer, now they everywhere mostly i found in cross server gate, and mushin also at foshi pyers 

I can only imagine how frustrating this could be.

I'm sure NC support is working on it but since there are so many people who got hack due to this issue, it will take sometime.

Hacking an account when given log in and pass would will take only a min, but investigation and putting things back together will take longer.

I hope everyone who got hacked gets their account back in full a.s.a.p.

My account was hacked but NC support solved it for in less than 24hrs. 

We are not stupid to fall for that. Some of us are new to MMO gaming for me bns is my first MMO game. My cousin introduce me to the game and i love it. So far this is the best MMO game ever. Great work NC

Beware.  Just had email come out this morning that looked like an email offering 7 day membership and NC coins.  They sent it to a different email that what I use in game and the from field looked a little off.  The redirect link has it going to [removed phishing link: Please remove the link if you report phishing whispers in the future.]

10 hours ago, BlasterKnight said:

Beware.  Just had email come out this morning that looked like an email offering 7 day membership and NC coins.  They sent it to a different email that what I use in game and the from field looked a little off.  The redirect link has it going to [removed phishing link: Please remove the link if you report phishing whispers in the future.]

Yeah got the same email, everything look legit and only the background of the logging site is different then they asked for secondary password.

• 2 months later...

So I just checked my email and I found one that is supposedly from NCsoft reading

[NCSOFT] Thank You for being with Blade & Soul
NCSOFT Support

Yesterday, 3:10 PMYou

header.jpg
Dear customer,
Thank You for being a part of the Blade & Soul community, we have select a part account send package which includes:
30-day Premium Membership
1600 NCoin

Please click on the link below to confirm that you are using

[Removed link with scam address}
Once Confirm, the Premium Membership starts and the NCoin is ready to be claimed on any character you have on your account!
Sincerely,
The NCSOFT Team
If you have any questions, please visit NCSOFT Support.
© NCSOFT Corp

When you click onto the link it sends you to another page asking you supposedly to log into your account so you can claim this reward.
I am just wondering if anyone else has received an email like this and if a NCsoft rep could confirm that YES it's not from NCsoft.

36 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

Thanks for being so proactive. Remember that hovering over the link, not clicking it, will show you the address it would move you to. This is an easy way to check and expose scam website addresses.

how do they have access to our email address in the 1st place? i mean they would have to access some kind of "secure" data to have access to our email address... wouldnt they? i mean its not like email addresses are mysteries but unless someone is flaunting their email address in game or the like, they shouldnt be able to have that address.

I would like to know why I recieved an email from "no-reply@bladeandsoul.com" <Pictured>   When I go to it. <picture2>  Look at address...

Looks Pretty fake to me.  I always check the links and already know the link was broken when I accessed it with my phone.  But what I really want to know is HOW COME I got an email from BLADEANDSOUL.COM that was either so so so badly worded, or Such a well done Fishing email.NCSoft2.pngncsoft.png

It seems i've also recieved phishing email from ncsoft to confirm my account in order to get certain items, etc. There was another mmorpg game which asked me to confirm my details to get some reward (which wasn't a scam) , so failed to notice this phishing scam of B&S recently. By the time i checked the forum, i already went into the fake site and entered my details.  When i did noticed, i did changed my password immediately. 

One question, did they steal my important personal information like credit card info, bank account details, etc? or did they only just take my  email address and password?

Hope you guys can help.  

• NCSOFT

Greetings aleo2,

Only our Support can look into your specific account details. Please open a ticket here, so our Support can assist you.

There's a few things you can do to help right away, the first would be to change the password on your email account, which you have already done, to something you have never used before, and consider using the mobile authenticator if you can. If you have saved any card details on your account, it would be a good idea to let your bank know your account has been compromised and that they may be making fraudulent purchases.

Also, it's best to resist the temptation to bump your ticket as this actually puts it to the back of the queue.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived