Forums

Beware of Phishing Scams

Liinxy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There been so many online scams that I have seen... I tend to normally ignore them

but for this I think it was cold storage...after finishing it some idiot whispered to me that I supposedly won something and need to go to some website with the name ncsoft attached to it to claim it....the whole thing looked so fake.... I just ignored it like most scam I seen online and just moved on... 

Guy stop falling for it  most game would have GM in fornt of there name in Blue letter like blizz game do an plus gm would never pm u in game bsn dont even have in game ticket support like wow does bsn dev u should post a pic of at test gm account so ppl know what to look for if real or noti going post pic of wow gm maybe this help u befor u fall for it again  http://imgur.com/jfOte0z yes this wow gm  u fig bsn would have kind same thing but bsn in it

I logged on this morning to find in my mail the same letter that Ryonz received. Can you please confirm if its a scam. I have also gotten whispers saying your account wil get banned if you don't go to this website. and I report them. These scams seem to be getting more frequent. Is there anything that can be done to stop them?

• NCSOFT

All these whispers / in-game mails are scams indeed. Besides reporting and blocking the spammers there is nothing else that can be done unfortunately. Just do not visit any address given to you in-game, don't reply to these whispers either.

On 6/17/2016 at 9:46 AM, Dad said:

Use photobucket, w/e site you used for that image isn't working.

here u go sir

[Removed Image: Please edit out any phishing links before posting images on the forums.]

This is getting totally out of control, just got a whisper in SSP.. couple of hours before that in dungeon lobby again. If you look at the character it is obviously a stolen account, gg and  high lvl.

Why of why just put a msg on the forum about this? like 10% of the players read the forum, make ingame msg that pops when you log in. Furthermore this has been going on since more than a month.... NC should just do ip check on these criminals and send logs to the FBI because it is theft and attempt of theft, nothing less

• NCSOFT

There's actually a banner that within the Announcements window that pops up when you log on. I'll reach out to Customer Support and see if we can adjust the message of the day as well ("Welcome To Blade & Soul") in order to warn even more against phishing attempts.

To other thread participants, please report scammers directly in-game (even if the account is legit), it isn't necessary to come to forums and post screenshots of chat logs as we cannot act on these from here unfortunately. Thanks again for your cooperation.

27 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

To other thread participants, please report scammers directly in-game (even if the account is legit), it isn't necessary to come to forums and post screenshots of chat logs as we cannot act on these from here unfortunately. Thanks again for your cooperation.

How should we report them? As spammers? There's no report option for phishers :0

I receive whispers yesterday... unfortunelly i fell for it :/ i lost my account :(

i contact immediatly NCSoft support and they are dealing with the problem...but my friends found my high level char login and whoever was login with it was scamming ppl... :( with my char -.- 

think most ppl are aware now of this! my brother login in his account and starts telling ppl in faction chat and wherever he could! at least hope my mistake can help other ppl not do the same as me :/

On 6/10/2016 at 11:22 PM, DamnedYankee said:

I just submitted a report detailing what just happened to me on Yunwa. Someone posing as a GM sending a whisper...LOL.

This is what they said: [character name] "GM: We are happy to inform you that you have won a $ 125 Pack form NCSoft. Please visit w ww.[censored].TK"

got sumthing similar to this they sent to my bf.... Id like to know if i can put down an report the site somewhere?...we went into jadestone and went to the back noticing they were hiding and wondering if it was a GM. My bf told me tht was the guy who sent him the whisper offer..an wondered if it was real. I wondered why they were hiding behind the building...which was off and bf checked regular site as i told him, to see if anything came up.. nothing. So he checked forums and noticed all of the comments here. Thank you guys. *^* Told my bf to report him while we were right in front...my bf reported, one person ran up and the "gm" decided to try an leave...so i reported at last min b4 he could, but under report as spammer. If we see anymore around..we'll report em...thanks again.

Okay, these scammers are getting wise and bolder. When they contact you via whisper, their names are now GM ____ something. No longer does a player's name appear. So be aware of the fact that NCSoft does not contact players in-game as they stated. If you're contacted by these criminals, click on their name to open their profile, screenshot that with the PM they sent then report them. I just did that a few moments ago and received confirmation they acted immediately on this. Don't hesitate to nail these thieves.

My opinion, people that are so rediculose unbelivable stupid ''giving away'' there Account info to  simple ''phishers''. should NOT get support, get alot of there lost Gold back ect.

Rather use that support to help players that 've not given away there stuff for free.

Also when u see ''Mid geared, to high End Geared'' Players Spamming Phishing sites,  these are likely account that players gave away for free to the owner of a Phishing site.

Phishing arrived 1995, 1996 it got Well Known to most people using internett.

and since 2001, its been well used in MMO's.

used by scammers to try get  less smart humans give away there account/Credit info by sending it. by typing in the info the Phisher is after.

INTO 100% obviusly Phishing sites! there is ALWAYS some ''letters or numbers'' in an phishing site, that gives away that this is NOT an Authentic/Legit site. (athleast 99,99999% of the time)

Unless the site was made by an Highly Exped Hacker, that has first hacked a Web site,  made the Phishing site under there Authentic Domain. then hidden the phishing site there.

(Which none invest there time in doing for a mmo)

Seriusly. Why are u giving back what they lose ?  these ppl who give away there stuff/accounts.

NCwest got Info about Phishing All over tha place. 

Go spend the time on player that acctualy got hacked, or player that need other support.

¨''Puts on White-Hat 'n looks around''

Archived