Beware of Phishing Scams

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

We’re aware of the phishing in-game mail and whispers that are attempting to collect player's login information. We have taken action against the senders and we are working with the development team to alleviate this type of abuse in the future.  NCSOFT will never initiate contact via in-game mail or chat in regards to account issues. Please report phishing scams and players that you encounter who are impersonating GM's or NCSOFT employees so we can take action against them.

We host our websites on two domains for Blade & Soul: ncsoft.com and bladeandsoul.com. If you're asked to log in to a site that isn't on these domains either via in-game mail or email, do not continue. If you're unsure if a site is legitimate, check PhishTank to see if it's been reported as a scam.

• Liinxy pinned and unlocked this topic
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello @Rukkirii

These people are still at it and I just got this mail today. I have already reported this to your support staff and I hope swift action is taken.

[removed image due to phishing link: Please remove the link if you report phishing whispers in the future.]

• NCSOFT

Thanks for your reports guys! We'll forward this information over to the team.

2 hours ago, CaaSa said:

ahh it to late for me they got me.. :(

Update your password right away and add 2-step verification to your account! If you lose access to your account, be sure to contact support right away.

Got this guy whispering me and a few from my clan today :P 

[removed image due to phishing link: Please remove the link if you report phishing whispers in the future.]

On 6/6/2016 at 2:25 PM, Maivy said:

Got this guy whispering me and a few from my clan today :P 

Yeah I got that as well, sent a report.

• NCSOFT

Thanks for the reports everyone! We have forwarded them to the team. In future reports, please edit out the phishing link from the image so that we can reduce the risk of more players visiting the bad websites.

I just submitted a report detailing what just happened to me on Yunwa. Someone posing as a GM sending a whisper...LOL.

This is what they said: [character name] "GM: We are happy to inform you that you have won a $ 125 Pack form NCSoft. Please visit w ww.[censored].TK"

Ya fell for it. My account has been hacked and I can't log in. I sent a ticket on my alternate account: Anti.

But that's not good enough so here's a screenshot of what exactly I received:

So ya, will be very nice if the person that did this to me would pay dearly for this. The only reason I'm able to post this is because I was already logged in with my forum account but, I can't access anything else with my original account. 

Ya well, unlike you I didn't get the memo that NCsoft doesn't contact people in game and now I pay the price of believing that they would. So FML.

I've had to send a ticket to NCsoft to restore my account so that they may restore it to my email address. The only reason I'm able to use the forums is because I never logged out of the forums.

Uhm i dont know if i am in the right place for this...

But yesterday i got this email supposdly comming from this mail address: no-reply@email.ncsoft.com

I am quite new to this game, and to me, correct me if im wrong, but it seems to me that this is some sort of scam email.

Am i right that this is indeed a scam attempt?

[Removed Image: Please edit out any phishing links before posting images on the forums.]

Yes, it seems to be an attempt of scamming as they don't use your username but the generic "Customer". And in each case NCSoft never will ask you to verify your data. If you in someway broke code of conduct they directly ban you and not ask to verify your login data XD

Some advices

- It's really easy to set a sender email also if your aren't the owner so if you want to check your account NEVER click a link inside an e-mail but OPEN your browser and type manually login address.

- Before to click whatever link in an e-mail check the real address moving mouse over the link. In the status bar mail client will show you real URL.

And so my forum account is now gone as for I have just logged off of it. Now I am stuck using my alternate account. Still no reply to my ticket. How long would I have to wait until I would expect a reply to my ticket?

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

We're sorry to hear about your issue, but we cannot discuss account details on the forums.
Please wait for a response from Customer Support and note bumping your ticket will also delay a response from the team, and maybe that's why your answer is delayed. An answer can take up from 24 hours to 72 hours...

We hope your problem will be resolved soon.

Team Blade & Soul.

Archived