FM PVP entry lvl

Yashuoa

I find the entry lvl for FM in pvp to be quite difficult.

WIth entry lvl I mean the skill or input needed to get the class going.

Some call the skill floor (skill required to play decently or effectively with that class).

I am not talking about skill cap right now (the skill required to play the class to the max).

In pve so far (lvl 44 FM) my FM doesnt seem all that complicated to me, but for PVP its a totally different matter.

Currently I am trying to learn from the [Jaesung] Forcemaster PVP Basic combo - Blade and Soul video on YouTube.

However that vid I find to be of quite a high difficulty lvl to start learning from (not much explanation in there sadly except the list of spells used in combos).

I would have liked if there would have been some commentary in it with a bit more explanation.

Does anyone have some tips how to get FM pvp going for me?
How to fight the various classes?

In GW2 I had all classes in pvp, as you didnt needed to lvl for pvp. You were instantly max lvl with all spells in pvp (after having done some 2min intro quest).

So I could just look at the talents and spells for each class and play them for a bit to get hang of them well, which also helped me in knowing how to fight them.
However I dont intend on lvling all classes to the max in Blade and Soul to get to know them, as that would take to much time for me and I am not a fan of lvling in general.

So does anyone have tips on how I can get FM pvp entry lvl/skill floor going for me?

knowing some guides or something?

Or sharing things like how did you become good in FM pvp?

Freeze -> Impact, repeat. That's like, the basic of basic.

If  you are playing with low ping, you can do alot of damage with other skills, e.g. LMB in between freeze and stun period. 

I prefer Ice mode in PvP, I believe its called Frozen Soul.

Spec 3 points into your F (Frost Fury) for defense, parry pierce and chill (Middle lane) 

And depends on the class of your opponent.

If its Blade Dancer, then spec 3 points into X for Frost Tornado. That will disable BD's spinning for a few seconds.

If its Blade Master/ KungFu Master/ Warlock, then spec 4 points into X for Snowball (Middle lane), That will their block for 6 seconds. Cast Snowball only when they're in block animation, otherwise it won't work.

For Force Master, spec 2 points into 4, Phantom Grip (First lane) that maximize grip range. If you see FM set up its blue Divine Veil, grip FM out of the barrier range.

For your TAB escape, spec resist grip if its Bd, Smn. spec daze effect if its Bm, Wl, Sin and for any of these 2 specs, that would be Fm, Kfm & Dest, (I prefer resist grip).

Then again, those information won't guarantee you 100% win like how people says its easy for FM. If this class is that easy, the top 1~50 would have been filled up with this class, but in reality it didn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 9:26 AM, Zerecas said:

Freeze -> Impact, repeat. That's like, the basic of basic.

If  you are playing with low ping, you can do alot of damage with other skills, e.g. LMB in between freeze and stun period. 

I prefer Ice mode in PvP, I believe its called Frozen Soul.

Spec 3 points into your F (Frost Fury) for defense, parry pierce and chill (Middle lane) 

And depends on the class of your opponent.

If its Blade Dancer, then spec 3 points into X for Frost Tornado. That will disable BD's spinning for a few seconds.

If its Blade Master/ KungFu Master/ Warlock, then spec 4 points into X for Snowball (Middle lane), That will their block for 6 seconds. Cast Snowball only when they're in block animation, otherwise it won't work.

For Force Master, spec 2 points into 4, Phantom Grip (First lane) that maximize grip range. If you see FM set up its blue Divine Veil, grip FM out of the barrier range.

For your TAB escape, spec resist grip if its Bd, Smn. spec daze effect if its Bm, Wl, Sin and for any of these 2 specs, that would be Fm, Kfm & Dest, (I prefer resist grip).

Then again, those information won't guarantee you 100% win like how people says its easy for FM. If this class is that easy, the top 1~50 would have been filled up with this class, but in reality it didn't happen.

Yeah I play frozensoul too now. Any class where going fire, would be good?

The tips you mentioned I already did, except the Tab. I generally just had that in grip. Ill keep an eye out on that. Thanks.

I find FM to have a really difficult entry lvl. Feels like no room for error compared to most other classes.

I am lvl 49 atm. Not to far away from 50.

Some things I try to do on top of what you mentioned.

For example:

-Keep chill on melee who can charge.

-Spec into 10sec chill vs melee.

-Spam F to be in time with it for escape.

-Keep frostorbs on me vs grab enemies like Destroyer, so that I can impact stun them when I am in their grab, cause they get frozen.

-Dodge/veil stuff like destroyer axe throw, BM blade pull, Bm charge, BD weapon throw (dont know the exact names).

-Grab the blade cd from BM and/or pop def.

-Pop def vs fury from Des.

-Try to rotate cds and dodges(iframes) to last through assassin their stealth durations and try to dmg and cc them outside of it.

Stuff like this.

I win most FM mirrors and the few that I lost I felt that the other FM played better, and did some things I could learn from.

Vs several melee quite some times I can lose and at the same time dont really feel outplayed, which feels frustrating.

Like when you dodge a charge, weapon pull/throw,  grab their cd or have saved your defences for it, throw your tornado/snowball right, use your frostorbs right to escape grab or even use an antigravity timing right

and that such things dont really seem to turn the match around enough to win.

Maybe my problems regarding playstyle, lay for a big part in how to do dmg properly and that I dont get enough dmg in yet  and therefore die sooner than the enemy.

I got into gold after some games but even in gold and silver are people like HM 6-8 and such running around while I am lvl49.

Isnt there some form of matchmaking system? What are they doing at silver and gold?

Also I sometimes lose vs summoners (/shame). Not sure if I should win already as lvl 49 FM.

Even ones where I put their pet to sleep and they dont even move to stand on it (which would make their pet go out of sleep as i would hit both pet and summoner or cant hit the summoner).
So these summoners cant be really good, yet I somewhere screwed up maybe, cause I lost.

I try to tab out of cat grab and than buy time with defensive cooldowns around the next grab, to reach the next tab to tab out of grab (you have to be lightning fast tab this btw I noticed or its to late).

I grib their petal resist spell when needed and furthermore I just try to do as much dmg and cc on them as I can but sometimes i die sooner than them.

Someteimes I put their pet to sleep to see if they let it asleep while not standing on it, as some do this.

Should I go fire against them?

No doubt that I still have lot to learn in pvp, but I thought that I already did quite some things well, yet I dont feel that its making

much of an impact as I would expect.

I often dont play with aerial btw (lack of points, as it would come at the cost of other stuff).
This may make a big difference once I have more points to spend? Not only for aerial but just in general.

12 hours ago, Yashuoa said:

-

Use Frozen Soul all the way regardless what classes it is.

Higher level definitely gives you better skill build as you have more points to invest but for me, who is playing in 250ms+, double aerial combo is very difficult to execute due to the delay, so most of the time, I don't execute any form of aerial combo. 

And yes, you got the Destroyer counter measurement right.

There's one thing that I would like to add, we do realize if we spam attack mindlessly onto BD and Des, the deflecting stun will trigger onto us, correct? However, from what I've experience so far, if you have Frost Fury attacking and triggered Dragon Frost, both of them are executed by pressing F, you can just spam F without pressing any buttons as long as the F key skills are triggered without activating their deflecting stun. They are helpless against this measurement due to bypass their stun deflect and the chill/ freeze. If you decides that Froze Orb is not needed at this point, spam Dragon Frost as much as possible when it got triggered from Frost Fury and when the enemy is spinning.

As for Summoner, they can be hard to deal with, plus they are like the easiest class of all classes to play, second comes the BD, but you can put their pet into sleep like you said, OR put Summoner into sleep in the very beginning. If you succeed into making Summoner being unconscious, there's only two scenarios:

1. Summoner will TAB out to remove that debuff, which means you made them lost the TAB without using any CC skills of yours.

2. Summoner will remain unconscious, the only active enemy here is cat. So kill the cat within the 30 seconds timeframe, but then again, I've heard of cat being able to go under defense mode despite Summoner fell asleep. 

Make good use of your Divine Veil Tier 4 Stage 1. Some bad Summoners will spam anything into your Veil which results in healing you up tremendously. 15% of HP recovery from the Veil itself by default PLUS 1% HP recovery for every resist hit. You can either Frost Sheath under Veil to make you completely resist to both melee and range. Chances are if the enemy is bad, they're gonna spam their skills until your HP is up to 100%. Not useful against experienced players though.

Alternately, you can give up on using (2)Dragonchar Daze status, and switching it into Blazing Beam.

And yes, spec whatever we can think of but the match will not entirely favour to us. Melee classes have too much counter measurement skills to begin with, look at the top PvP ranking board, most of the classes are consist of melee, which I find it funny to hear people say that this game is balance when its not.

But to be honest, since that you've hit Gold rank threshold, I can't offer you much advice as I'm a NA Gold FM with green ranking aka 151 to 300. And yes, I think matchmaking only determines their opponent selection through rating, not levels.

Or look at these videos and more in Youtube since they're much better than I do.

Archived