Forums

Deepsea Weapons

erengny

Does anybody knows how do we get them? Personally I didn't see any with our current content but I know we will get them somehow in the near future. I'm asking because maybe some of you played other regions so. Those weapons looks amazing but I noticed one thing, it says 'Chance for weapon to be destroyer if Transformation fails.' as description. I wonder how it disappears, when we change the skin of our weapon or it's for legendary weapons?

423e711c3e857573b356137483207274.gif

9 hours ago, erengny said:

Does anybody knows how do we get them? Personally I didn't see any with our current content but I know we will get them somehow in the near future. I'm asking because maybe some of you played other regions so. Those weapons looks amazing but I noticed one thing, it says 'Chance for weapon to be destroyer if Transformation fails.' as description. I wonder how it disappears, when we change the skin of our weapon or it's for legendary weapons?

423e711c3e857573b356137483207274.gif

Chance for your WEAPON to be DESTROYED if failed transformation???  0hZXoSj.gif

23 minutes ago, Catalyst Omega said:

some developers think starting all over by a chance, is fun and make people enjoy the game for a lot longer.

Just now, Enhance said:

Sometimes it works...

R09yAJg.gif

Anyone? :D

i don't know this game, Ragnarök?

But i failed to craft this Bloodstain Golden armor/set piece in AION which needed 125 Bloodstains (these were Similar to Frozen Stingers in B&S) , weeks of farming gone in a second. 

It was so much fun i quit the game.

37 minutes ago, Arohk said:

some developers think starting all over by a chance, is fun and make people enjoy the game for a lot longer.

Seems to be a thing with Korean MMOs. Some get amended when they come over to the west, while others simply add a cash shop item that will prevent it.

8 minutes ago, Arohk said:

But i failed to craft this Bloodstain Golden armor/set piece in AION which needed 125 Bloodstains (these were Similar to Frozen Stingers in B&S) , weeks of farming gone in a second. 

Yeah, it's from Ragnarok. There was a bunch of things that could destroy your weapon/armor (overupgrading, slotting) but it was common to grind/buy (and break) a bulk at a time.

It didn't take away from the fun of the game, in my opinion, that was "equipment breaking done right" - I haven't really seen it in any other game. Every equipment part had a safe level of upgrade to which you could upgrade at 100% chance, and then a diminishing chance to go up to +10. Bonus from over-upgrading wasn't too evident, but it added up from multiple equipment parts, and some cards had additional effects when set into low-upgraded/high-upgraded equipment.

You'd think that a game where the most sought after items have literally 0.01% chance of dropping would be as far as it gets from fun RNG.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yeah, it's from Ragnarok. There was a bunch of things that could destroy your weapon/armor (overupgrading, slotting) but it was common to grind/buy (and break) a bulk at a time.

It didn't take away from the fun of the game, in my opinion, that was "equipment breaking done right" - I haven't really seen it in any other game. Every equipment part had a safe level of upgrade to which you could upgrade at 100% chance, and then a diminishing chance to go up to +10. Bonus from over-upgrading wasn't too evident, but it added up from multiple equipment parts, and some cards had additional effects when set into low-upgraded/high-upgraded equipment.

You'd think that a game where the most sought after items have literally 0.01% chance of dropping would be as far as it gets from fun RNG.

AION also had a really >NICE< socketing system, the best gear had 6 slots at that time, every Rune you could place into those sockets had an increasing chance of getting destroyed, but not enough of that you also lost all other runes that were already in the armor/weapon

One of the main reasons why i like the gear progression in Blade and Soul is because they did not put in bullcrap like this in the game, 

just imagine if:

You Buy sparkling hexagon Gems for several hundred gold and had a 10/20/30/40/50/75% chance to fail and lose ALL gems in your weapon when putting them in. ( that results in 3,78% chance you can get a 6 socket weapon at the end)

Or every time you craft something you only had a 10% chance to get what you want because only crits/proccs are relevant and normal items are garbage then you had to upgrade the crit item with another 10% for the next crit result and then a third time.

ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, Arohk said:

You Buy sparkling hexagon Gems for several hundred gold and had a 10/20/30/40/50/75% chance to fail and lose ALL gems in your weapon when putting them in. ( that results in 3,78% chance you can get a 6 socket weapon at the end)

Or every time you craft something you only had a 10% chance to get what you want because only crits/proccs are relevant and normal items are garbage then you had to upgrade the crit item with another 10% for the next crit result and then a third time.

ridiculous.

The difference is that in Ragnarok most of those weapons you would get en masse and they were treated less like holy artifacts and more like expendable materials. You'd grab 50 swords and go break most of them, and possibly one would get to +10. If you got more than one - you can sell it.

Maybe it's because equipment wasn't ever bound, except quest items or some cash shop items. And it wasn't like you're an underdog if you don't have everything maxed, and even the richest don't have the very best equipment - not to mention there's a lot of gear swapping meta. The chance to get a +10 slotted icepick was abysmal, but the difference between that and, say, +7, isn't that much.

And rare items - the kind that drops at 0.01% from a single mob that spawns every 12 hours - were really legendary and often unique or nonexistent... and even though they were really strong and swag, they had a semblance of balance.

.... yeah, I miss RO ;w;

Goodnight, sweet prince.

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

it took you so long to quit aion? :p

i just quit after the first month...

i must say ( for me) bns still has some more months ( who knows, after we stop with the content every month maybe prices can fall a bit)

#theGrindIsReal

4 hours ago, Catalyst Omega said:

Oh crap!! If they start going the Vindictus route, I am leaving for good!

All the babies crying in here about the grind, and the rng, don't know anything. Vindi makes you grind and grind for materials to make weak weapons and armors, whihc you then have to enhance by grinding for enhancement stones. But past +6, there's a chance of failure and enhancement resets to zero, past +8 failure can cause item to be destroyed. Then there's enchant scrolls which you have to grind raids for weeks, and the good ones only have a 40% max chance of success, and failure causes(you guessed it) destruction of item.

If NC goes this route, there will be nothing left but bots and hackers. Seriously, go look at Vindictus today...There's only like 30 players left.

So chance... More chance... Too much chance, *sigh* no matter at least crystal saga gear didn't break when ya failed to enchant it....  It just dropped... And getting +18 is a serious rarity (hell past +10 is annoying) since if you fail you tend to drop back to +3 but gear didn't break... I don't like gear being chance based more so then rng of dungeon loot it's not fun x,c

Do love the look of the Deepsea weapons.

If anyone wants to know what all of them look like I took in-game screenshots:
Staff is my favourite, lol. (Didn't add the Axe as it is in OP's thread)

50RiRTY.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Do love the look of the Deepsea weapons.

If anyone wants to know what all of them look like I took in-game screenshots:
Staff is my favourite, lol. (Didn't add the Axe as it is in OP's thread)

50RiRTY.jpg

Finally a bangle I like. <3 And the staff is indeed amazing lol. They all look cool!

• 1 month later...

In asian regions legendaries have possibility to fail(but for failing you get Pearls that you can exchange for outfit), but I remember NCguys talking on stream that we won't have fails. Maybe they haven't just upgraded the tooltip.

Btw. in CN even lowlvl weapons can break :D

On 5/22/2016 at 3:33 AM, RyuueLaview said:

U sure its not the sea wep that gets destroyed? The main wep gets destroyed? 

I'm pretty sure it's this.  We already have transmutations that fail and they don't destroy the base ingerdients. Just the additive stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived