Jump to content
Forums

By the way is the Admiral a man or a woman?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Laneera said:

To make this a more serious thread: does anyone else think that the NPCs use the same line over and over way too often, on a way too short interval?

Yes.I want to report Mushin.He's spamming me with crap darkness stuff.Plz ban.  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

FYI he is NOT supposed to be talking about the admiral. In Asia servers he's asking about the Foreman that transforms between genders. NA/EU localized it into Admiral for whatever reason.

I though he was talking about poh :3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

I though he was talking about poh :3

When he says that there's a speech bubble that pops up that says "Is the gatekeeper a man or a woman." Something along the lines of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quantum said:

When he says that there's a speech bubble that pops up that says "Is the gatekeeper a man or a woman." Something along the lines of that.

They changed it to "Admiral" a few months back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DukeOfHorror said:

Poh is vice Admiral

But one of the npc mentioned that the Admiral has pets and it almost ate him. So I guess he/they are talking about Poharan as the Admiral. In context the dungeon is introducing the last boss probably..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure it is talking about Poh, because she would be the "gatekeeper" as you need to complete e Fleet daily of her in order to get to Nightshade if i recall correctly. To get to bloodshade, dont you also have to complete BSC first as well, which again is Poh.

 

No breasts, covered in axle grease (gun oil/ poh perfume), basic Tomboy as opposed to the prostitutes the pirates are used to from places like House of Pleasures where the women "dress like women" for the sake of "appealing to and serving men".

 

It is the chauvinistic attitude you would expect from a common male pirate. Couple that with past superstition that having a women on a ship was bad luck, and you can see why they question Poh's identity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

No breasts, covered in axle grease (gun oil/ poh perfume), basic Tomboy as opposed to the prostitutes the pirates are used to from places like House of Pleasures where the women "dress like women" for the sake of "appealing to and serving men".

 

It is the chauvinistic attitude you would expect from a common male pirate. Couple that with past superstition that having a women on a ship was bad luck, and you can see why they question Poh's identity.

Well now guess i know why some Pirate captain in NSH like Sahun and Bi Mujak said that they need more action X3

Plus... Widows is likely have permanent shore duty X3

 

Exception would be Tae Jangeum perhaps and some officers that appear before MM spawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oracle said:

But one of the npc mentioned that the Admiral has pets and it almost ate him.

He's talking about Gatekeeper Slashimi, a fish with fangs and a sharp trident. He originally said "Gatekeeper" in his dialogue before they rewrote it to match his voice clip.

Edited by Shadovvv
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I am sure it is talking about Poh, because she would be the "gatekeeper" as you need to complete e Fleet daily of her in order to get to Nightshade if i recall correctly. To get to bloodshade, dont you also have to complete BSC first as well, which again is Poh.

 

No breasts, covered in axle grease (gun oil/ poh perfume), basic Tomboy as opposed to the prostitutes the pirates are used to from places like House of Pleasures where the women "dress like women" for the sake of "appealing to and serving men".

 

It is the chauvinistic attitude you would expect from a common male pirate. Couple that with past superstition that having a women on a ship was bad luck, and you can see why they question Poh's identity.

Other than it isn't talking about Poharan on any other versions, and even on NA livestream on twitch they said it was about the Foreman that changes from male to female and back to male.

 

Crap translation is crap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Syanonn said:

even on NA livestream on twitch they said it was about the Foreman that changes from male to female and back to male.

Crap translation is crap.

Why the hell haven't they changed it to Foreman after all this time. Just re-record the voice clip, it's been done with Soha and that one questgiver in NSH.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be aimed at the Foreman. In other regions like someone said it was actually "Is the Foreman a man or a woman?" The reason for this question is because the Foreman switches between a man and a woman. Why they translated it to Admiral, I have no idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

FYI he is NOT supposed to be talking about the admiral. In Asia servers he's asking about the Foreman that transforms between genders. NA/EU localized it into Admiral for whatever reason.

I do this dungeon everyday as a two man and finally some clarification. Thank you sir

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...