Option to freely kick in dungeons

Rassky

If you've ever done more than 3 dungeons in this game, you most definitely got grouped with a leech at one point or another, the garbage that joins just so they can then sit at the entrance waiting for you to kill bosses while they still get loot/gold and doing absolutely nothing. If it's not those types, then it's the ones that put the minimum amount of effort and will follow the party just to afk every boss/trash on the way. 

Now, I don't know how they do things in Korea, but here, a kick option is absolutely required. It's already added in the game for people who DC, so surely it can be changed to also work for those online. I'm sick and tired of joining dungeons that I then have to leave because I get grouped with a leech, to then waste more time finding another group that hopefully has decent players in it. 

This becomes 10 times worse if you're to join a lockout dungeon as not even premade groups are safe...and then what ? there's absolutely nothing you can do but get stressed out and annoyed and you can see this in the declining player base...this is but one of the many issues that the game faces, but they are so absurd as to why they still exist, that it's no wonder the game is already falling apart.

I've made a simple poll, as let's not kid ourselves, they won't give 2 sh#ts about one person complaining altho it's surely not the first topic of this kind.

Poll   http://goo.gl/B6p2KD

Situation 1: you get vote-kicked because you have slower pc and ppl don`t like how long your loading screen take.

Situation 2: you get vote-kicked because the rest of group doesn`t like the class you are playing.

Situation 3: you get vote-kicked because rest of group want someone with higher ap.

Situation 4: you get vote-kicked because you are lvl 47/48 in lab or bsh.

Situation 5: you get vote-kicked right before a boss just to troll you or because they want a friend to get in.

Situation 6: you get vote-kicked right after boss die so you can`t bid on loot.

Situation 7: In cold storage you use orbs to spawn last boss and then get vote-kicked so the rest of group will share loot only among them.

Yeah... we definitively need vote kick.

PS: I agree that leechers are problem, but we need more sophisticated system than simple vote kick to fight them.

Well, I think you are right about people going for dungeons only to get carried, not meeting any requirements. Yes, they are annoying, and they make it harder for the rest of the group. But giving us the choice about kicking someone online from the party can cause another issues. Imagine, you are going for a 4 man Necro run with random people. Boss drops lets say skill book for lock worth roughly 250g. And your party members decide, they dont want to split the money for 3, because 250/2 is much better deal, so they kick you out. I dunno about you, but i would be furious. Soo yeah, lazy guys with 320AP going for Yeti runs are not good, but making us able to kick anyone at any time is no solution either.

There's no bias whatsoever on that poll, no sir... yeah, not voting because of that and it's just yet another ill-thought out 'suggestion' not accounting for the possibilities of other abuses, arguably worse ones at that. I generally favor more features instead of less like NCsoft loves to do as of late, but not when they fail to consider playerbase really isn't mature enough to use it well and cause more griefing than there already is.

2 hours ago, Dlacik said:

Situation 1: you get vote-kicked because you have slower pc and ppl don`t like how long your loading screen take.

Situation 2: you get vote-kicked because the rest of group doesn`t like the class you are playing.

Situation 3: you get vote-kicked because rest of group want someone with higher ap.

Situation 4: you get vote-kicked because you are lvl 47/48 in lab or bsh.

Situation 5: you get vote-kicked right before a boss just to troll you or because they want a friend to get in.

Situation 6: you get vote-kicked right after boss die so you can`t bid on loot.

Situation 7: In cold storage you use orbs to spawn last boss and then get vote-kicked so the rest of group will share loot only among them.

Yeah... we definitively need vote kick.

PS: I agree that leechers are problem, but we need more sophisticated system than simple vote kick to fight them.

1- Never seen any complaints on that

2- That's absurd, groups who want specific classes will just make a premade anyway.

3- Possible in LFP, but not a problem with premades. Elitists will always choose premades and as such unless you join Yeti as an example, with 360AP, then you deserve to get kicked as the party will usually disband anyway.

4- Again, never seen people complain about someone's level in lower dungeons.

5- Possible, but it's a calculated risk and it far outweighs the current issue with leeches. If it will happen more than 1/100..yeah

6- Again a possibility, but a system that prevents kicking, let's say 20sec after a boss dies/during roll, will prevent that kind of abuse, from again, a very low chance of it actually happening. 

Lots of games have a kick option and in my years and years of playing them, I've never seen it abused to the extent you're worrying about. Although it's fair to say that some of these are viable issues, unless you deliberately play a game just to ruin someone's day, then you'll be very unlucky to run into that kind of situation if it will ever happen. 

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

There's no bias whatsoever on that poll, no sir... yeah, not voting because of that and it's just yet another ill-thought out 'suggestion' not accounting for the possibilities of other abuses, arguably worse ones at that. I generally favor more features instead of less like NCsoft loves to do as of late, but not when they fail to consider playerbase really isn't mature enough to use it well and cause more griefing than there already is.

Yeah, my bad there. I made this topic after 3 runs of Lair with leeches in them and 2 of those "people" were mocking the group, when we called them out, so yeah...As I've mentioned before however, there will always be features of the game prone to abuse, but how many will actually do it, that's another thing entirely.

Although it goes without saying that some tweaks will be needed as the one regarding kick lockout after a boss kill/loot, again, the leech problem is more and more apparent every day, more so in the daily challenge dungeons. 

I've yet to play any game where the kick option was abused while I was in said party. Contrary to popular belief, almost all of the player base just wants to enjoy the game and so I doubt that they will go through all that trouble just to ruin your experience, on a daily basis. 

Archived