Blade Master HM Block

aoyi

I personally feel that bm's already lack a lot concerning skills and cd's. So i suggest, wouldn't it be fair and more 'logical' to let a tank class, even though ncsoft doesn't call it a specific tank class, but it is, a shorter cd on hm block? Lets say, tanking yeti, using the hm block would only block like 2 or 3 ice cruxes, fine and well, can iframe the rest, but then again we lose some dps cuz rest of pt that doesn't have that many iframes get frozen, we have to wait 30 seconds!! to be able to use the hmblock again, i feel like it wasn't worth the money and farming i spent on it. It would also contribute to the bm class that IS a tank class, to be able to be more flexible and wanted in dungeons. So, reduce cd on hm block please!

@aoyi The HM block CD is fine. That skill is extremely powerful. It`s longest lasting iframe skill thanks to its timer reset on resist. It shields whole group and it doesn`t make them stop doing what they are doing. You are supposed to plan when do you want to use it not just waste it on first red circle around the boss, everyone has own iframes to avoid those.

Reducing the CD of it will simply make it too OP either in PvE or in PvP.

@Arohk BM and KFM each have a +150% threat buff they can keep up whole time and a skill that deals +300% extra threat on use (stacks with +150% threat buff). They also have spammable block and they have most iframes. They are clearly designed as tank classes.

By the way, hm block's cd is 45 seconds. The resist cd (resist the effect of other hm block or bd's hm tab) is 30 seconds.

Besides protecting the 8ice phase with hm block, you can also use it for pulling the second boss. For Necro, you can shield 3 of the nightmare waves. For lair, well lair is braindead anyways.

At Lament, you can use hm block when Iruga summons adds so your party members don't need to worry about getting interrupted while doing their cc's. You can hm block the fire bird's almost one-shot aoe. You can be the party projectile shield for asura by alternating hm block (block first hit normally, then press F), and bladecall X. If you do the first bosses at the same sides, there are also good times for hm block.

Cold storage you can protect robot's flashbang if accidents happen.

It will be super useful for sundering nexus and basically all dungeons afterwards to the point where parties will actually actively seek out bms with hm blocks.

Heck even SSP is great with hm block. Put it up and go ham for a good amount of time.

So just go and experiment with it!

Sorry BM block is as good as it is

you are just incompetent

if you like I will prove to you that a BM can use HM block to break out of 9 cruxes. No sweat

When I'm playing PvP it gets even more broke

If you can guess right, you can use it to avoid unpredictable approach attacks.

When you compare it to BD they only got 2 seconds

while BM got 3 seconds that resist 3 times

that's 9 second!

On 31.5.2016. at 2:46 AM, BuckForte said:

Sorry BM block is as good as it is

you are just incompetent

if you like I will prove to you that a BM can use HM block to break out of 9 cruxes. No sweat

When I'm playing PvP it gets even more broke

If you can guess right, you can use it to avoid unpredictable approach attacks.

When you compare it to BD they only got 2 seconds

while BM got 3 seconds that resist 3 times

that's 9 second!

Actually its 5 seconds and resists 3 times

6 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Actually its 5 seconds and resists 3 times

BD Maelstorm F1 is 2secs, unlimited hits, but only on user.
BD Maelstorm F2 is 3secs for whole party, unlimited hits.
BM HM Block is 5 secs, 3 hits, for whole party, but the 5 secs are refreshed on resist.

Don't forget than BD also got Guardiant Tempest that blocks 5 hits for 5 secs.

• 2 weeks later...

After I had bladeful legendary, I feel BM is even more broken when it can reset my HM block cooldown.

Ofc you cannot reset the side effect cooldown (the one that prevent you to receive other HM block) but that one has lower cooldown than HM block so that still mean you can use HM block faster than normal.

If they decrease the HM block cooldown than it's good for me but if they still keep the same, I have no problem with that cause resist movement skill that BM has right now already good enough for me to dodge all of the attack before HM is up again.

• 2 months later...
On 15.6.2016 at 9:37 PM, Wiri said:

After I had bladeful legendary, I feel BM is even more broken when it can reset my HM block cooldown.

Ofc you cannot reset the side effect cooldown (the one that prevent you to receive other HM block) but that one has lower cooldown than HM block so that still mean you can use HM block faster than normal.

If they decrease the HM block cooldown than it's good for me but if they still keep the same, I have no problem with that cause resist movement skill that BM has right now already good enough for me to dodge all of the attack before HM is up again.

You are right, we BMs have our really useful resist movement, but keep in mind that BM is also the only class in this game that does not have a resist for x seconds buff on default.

Archived