Lunakitty

[Suggestion] Remove Tomb from daily challenge

Recommended Posts

It is getting completely out of hand. Due to the horrific toxity and rushiness of the community high level players are causing bad playing experience to those who honestly are in the dungeon for the first time. Or at least make it so that you can only join parties that has +-5 levels from your current level.

 

I am also high level player and seeing how others rush getting lower levels killed while throwing f-words out it is definitely not a nice gaming experience for anyone. Please rethink about having Tomb of the Exile in daily challenge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doson   

I think it's pretty funny. Once people start fighting amongst themselves just sit back and enjoy the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not so much the instances themselves as just the toxic community itself.

I really wanna *cricket* about it but it's rly not worth it anymore 3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pixymisa   

The real issue are the fire traps that go off with little warning when a boss fight starts and 1 hit ko everyone in the way. it is dumb game design. Why not a barrier that just pushes your char back?

Edited by pixymisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep tomb is fine as a challenge even as a high level myself i've had to deal with rude people not waiting when its like....breh just go solo it then xD then they try to find ways to justify their own assinine behavior saying you were slow or get a better comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I have definitely been the noob that experienced the rage from having this being done to me but I remember also seeing fair lvl 50s that didn't do that. I was happy to get the free soulshield and upgrade items without a bid war amongst people my lvl. So I was mentally prepared for an a**hole or a fair person.

Edited by LadyGamerluv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add Blackram Narrows to that list too.

 

However, it would be better if they just got rid of the firewall and simply disabled 4/release during active boss fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scorpyix   

What happens if there are a total of 6 players in party and 5 of the leave? The last one will be forced to get out of dungeon or he continue alone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MushinKFM said:

Maybe cause you take years to get to the room cause you're only playing with one hand ;)

Or maybe there are also low levels in the party? I can run way faster than the person who this time did the dungeon as he was kinda slow imo but the lvl 37-41 cannot keep up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

It is getting completely out of hand. Due to the horrific toxity and rushiness of the community high level players are causing bad playing experience to those who honestly are in the dungeon for the first time. Or at least make it so that you can only join parties that has +-5 levels from your current level.

 

I am also high level player and seeing how others rush getting lower levels killed while throwing f-words out it is definitely not a nice gaming experience for anyone. Please rethink about having Tomb of the Exile in daily challenge!

Maybe cause you take years to get to the room cause you're only playing with one hand ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MushinKFM said:

Maybe cause you take years to get to the room cause you're only playing with one hand ;)

Don't tell me you are the rushy person I did the Tomb of the Exile yesterday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokusan   

I don't know why they didn't implement the gate closing or ice walls whatever instead.  A fire that suddenly springs up without any warning or timer is obviously subject to abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scorpyix said:

What happens if there are a total of 6 players in party and 5 of the leave? The last one will be forced to get out of dungeon or he continue alone?

Whoever is in the dungeon stays in the dungeon. Once you're in, you're in until you finish the dungeon or you leave party. You can't get force booted unless you disconnect from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yetan   
27 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Or maybe there are also low levels in the party? I can run way faster than the person who this time did the dungeon as he was kinda slow imo but the lvl 37-41 cannot keep up.

High level players often forgot that low level players are more likely to aggro the trash mobs if the high level players don't aggro them first. And the low level players can't survive running away if the trash mobs start attacking them, because they only had 5K health, not 50K.

 

I had a level 50 HM8 in ToE on my alt today. He said "stay close to me" before the dungeon started. I was fine with that, thinking I'd just run without picking up loots. Then, it turned out he was an assassin and stealth most of the time until boss. I shouldn't have "stay close to him". I had to drop group because I couldn't make through the hallways filled with the force master mobs by myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Yetan said:

High level players often forgot that low level players are more likely to aggro the trash mobs if the high level players don't aggro them first. And the low level players can't survive running away if the trash mobs start attacking them, because they only had 5K health, not 50K.

 

I had a level 50 HM8 in ToE on my alt today. He said "stay close to me" before the dungeon started. I was fine with that, thinking I'd just run without picking up loots. Then, it turned out he was an assassin and stealth most of the time until boss. I shouldn't have "stay close to him". I had to drop group because I couldn't make through the hallways filled with the force master mobs by myself.

Unfortunately many high levels are like that. If you cannot run through mobs without aggroing everything you're better off dying in flames while others rush. Maybe I should start rushing in higher level areas such as Poh as I can solo the bosses just to show how annoying it is when someone cannot wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

Don't tell me you are the rushy person I did the Tomb of the Exile yesterday?

Nope but through my lvling stages I always managed to get into the room before the lvl 50 ppl, and if not I know where the fire/death points are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MushinKFM said:

Nope but through my lvling stages I always managed to get into the room before the lvl 50 ppl, and if not I know where the fire/death points are

think about "new" players who maybe entering it for the first time ... It´s not that big problem for players who are running it with an alt it´s a problem for upcoming new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I teach my lowbie guild mates where the fire points are and I am not a leader. If your guild doesn't dish them in the trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bleys   

haha yeah just took me 3 runs to get a box because 50s with lower agro range passed half of the mobs and burned me right before the bosses. 

Edited by Bleys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

LEvels 50's who need a full 6 man party for Tomb or blackram narrows are just sad...if you want to rush it solo it its not that hard.

 

But you know they all like to be toxic and trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ask on Faction or Region if anyone needs a run through. Takes like 10-15 killing everything..

 

The only pain is when people stop and spend ages upgrading or selling stuff. Do it before or after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaCKaPa   

Bns game design & logic is total nonsense to the point that if i'm new player i will never start this game ....
NCsoft to blame ...

Just stop spending money for the game and they will start listen the community ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   

Same could be said of any low level dungeon in the daily challenge, but having them there is the best way to guarantee a low level can actually find a party to complete the content.

 

If they wanted to make sure low levels weren't left in the dust during the run, better solutions might be:

-Additional reward for no one dying.

-Capped AP for non-max-level dungeons.

-Party finder matches player by AP (best effort).

--(Meaning, it runs for 10 seconds looking for players +/-10AP, if a full party isn't found it looks for +/-20AP for another 10 seconds, etc. etc.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now