New Bot Friend Request Record?

Kelllaayyy

If ANY real players want to be my friend, I will NEVER see the request anymore.

It's official.

5535be37b2.jpg

This thing sits at a really really high number until I click on to it. 
and then
a6afcf78cc.jpg

I've not seen a real players friend request in days yet been told I've been sent them before.

To put it short.. this sucks.

EDIT: Feel free to lemme know if you've gotten more than I have :D  :D

Maybe NCSoft can implement a fix for this instead of trying(and failing) to "fix" things that people enjoy like profile pics. I doubt it though. It will be a another 2 months of fixing problems that aren't a problem and then maybe they will make it so if you block someone they can't send a friend request ffs.

Just now, Doson said:

Maybe NCSoft can implement a fix for this instead of trying(and failing) to "fix" things that people enjoy like profile pics. I doubt it though. It will be a another 2 months of fixing problems that aren't a problem and then maybe they will make it so if you block someone they can't send a friend request ffs.

Sure as hell didn't take long to fix the ss through doors and ban people who did it. ;)

New request after removing about 74 bots on my little princess account.

Client%202016-05-19%2013-48-39-44_zpsaib

I'v seen these before, they have sin, fm, sum, bots running around with this profile nickname.

Edit*

OH and by the way, OKOGames will delete their chars, i'v forgotten to delete a request by them when they befriended me and notice the char was deleted. Now i'm stuck with a bots friend profile I cannot remove due to the char being deleted.

Seems like characters with special characters in their names are spared of the friend request spams.

It got recently alot more annoying as I'm getting alot more cross server friend requests, you can't even report them as they will say target is not found as they aren't on your server. Use to be just 3 or so cross server spams, but now its more like 7+ and then plus the ones on my own server - easily hitting 10 per day.

16 hours ago, Zuf said:

Sure as hell didn't take long to fix the ss through doors and ban people who did it. ;)

Reminds me of Square Enix with FFXIV. Exploit that helped players? "EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE!!!" Glitch that hindered players? "Meh, we'll get around to it with the next path in a few weeks." At least SE actually did SOME things right. Seems like NC west can't do ANYTHING but ban a few legit players, moderate their forums more poorly than a fan site, translate the game more poorly than fan translations, and hire some of the worst voice actors I have ever heard in a game from a "major" publisher. There are sill speedhackers I see running around from over a month ago, they won't fix the blocked "players" spamming friend requests thing, but they'' "fix" other things that benefit players. Oh, but here's some RNG boxes.

Just now, Doson said:

Reminds me of Square Enix with FFXIV. Exploit that helped players? "EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE!!!" Glitch that hindered players? "Meh, we'll get around to it with the next path in a few weeks." 

All MMOs are like this, not just FFXIV.
And it always drove me mad. I can't stress out enough how much I find this behavior annoying.

Hindrance to players = very low priority

Helpful to players = ban them all and fix it immediately

They need to slow you down as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, Zuf said:

All MMOs are like this, not just FFXIV.
And it always drove me mad. I can't stress out enough how much I find this behavior annoying.

Hindrance to players = very low priority

Helpful to players = ban them all and fix it immediately

They need to slow you down as much as possible.

Yeah they all do seem to prioritize that over fixing things that annoy players. SE still added A LOT of QOL improvements to their game to please players. I think the real problem is that the BnS staff is just underfunded/understaffed. I know with FFXIV they plan a bunch of things in a huge roadmap from one expansion to the next. They get paid to do a specific amount of work and then some extra time to add "miscellaneous" stuff like QOL improvements, class balance, and other little tweaks to the planned patches. I think NCSoft has given the staff very little extra time to do anything else, which is why the few things they DO do take so long. I just can't believe that they are THIS incompetent. I just think they're simply not paid to do more than they are currently doing, so they do nothing. The problem lies at the top and as long as they are raking in millions they probably won't care, even if they could be raking in millions more. If they aren't willing to listen then what can you do?

OP... yeah I see some of those as well.   If NCSoft actually provided customer service instead of letting the spammers, hackers, and gold-farmers who FARM for the gold sellers that spam everyone go unchecked, they'd do a search query for all of the known names, related accounts, people they interact with (to investigate further), etc...

But instead... you have this.   Type "okogames" into the f2 character search... 54 PAGES WORTH OF NAMES (at the time of writing this) come up.  So do many many pages for others the OP shows in the first message.

NCSoft:  You have no problem taking money from us, now DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND START ATTACKING GOLD SPAMMERS... they are LINKED to the gold farmers, who use bots, cheat engines, etc...   if you sent your own people in game once in a while you'd see all of this stuff for yourself.

I really wish they made this game buy 2 play, so it would be much tougher on gold farmers.  This is why when I hear a game is coming out that I like and it's f2p... I cringe a bit.  The micro-transactions are bad enough..... but this game is definitely the absolute WORST I have ever seen with bots.   I've never seen a company let them run rampant like this, especially months and months later.

Why do we even have game guard, if people still zip around the game using cheat engines?   It's 2016, come up with a better method to combat all of this.

Also, here... 267 results total for "okogame".. now imagine all the variations and all of the others.  How does this go unchecked by NCSoft?  How are the connections between spammers and all of the in-game bots as well as many cheaters and those specific guilds which are on 24/7/365 in SSP fly under NCSoft's radar but is obvious to everyone who actually plays the game?   Do something about all of them, they clutter up the game... time to take out the trash.

2HiX0g2.png

They are also eating database space and bandwidth of the NCSoft server costing them more money to keep the bots and spammers around, not to mention wear and tear on the hardware running the game, especially the connection servers since these bots seem to hit and run like a DDOS attack to get in and gt out after doing its harm. Which probably affects the login queues and could be cause for a lot of DC if the bots are stressing the servers beyond capacity.

Personally, I would view such spammer bots as a DDOS attack and treat the accounts the same way you would a DDOS attack.

On 5/20/2016 at 4:40 AM, Arohk said:

we need "Block Friend request"  now

That would be great.   Also while running one of my many characters through Viper Cap today...I did LFP and a spammer joined (didn't know at the time), they left the party... we got another and finished.  When I exited the dungeon I saw them standing there spamming their gold selling site.   NCSoft... station people in all channels on all servers or MONITOR them somehow, INCLUDING the cross-server lobby and area.  You'll wipe out spammers faster than they could create accounts and level them.  They won't go away, it will be an on-going effort, but it's better than how things are now.

Archived