Forums

Server/routing issues (with graphs)

Brainy

4 minutes ago, trainermule said:

hey i have some lag spikes too is because this packet loss at beginning? 

No, packet loss is only a problem if it's carrying through to the final hop.

The issue is that the final hop (NCSofts servers) is getting extremely frequent ping spikes into the 300-400 range or even worse.

Today the lag is worse than ever for me, and the game's borderline unplayable.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working for ISP i gotta say that some ip addresses you get might not be compatible with the server you are trying to reach or so. Lets say your ISP gave u 194.154.24.17 the third digit is the most important for ISP for the customer not really. Its often used by the tech dep (our client has a ip from 24 network ) . One of our clients including me had  a problem with latency spikes and so, but my internet was better than perfect i couldnt find any problem, so i changed my IP and voila i didnt have any problems since then. Try to explain this to your internet provider and they might fix it cause at least in my company we know which ip is better for world wide and which isnt.

12 hours ago, Sakuraki said:

Working for ISP i gotta say that some ip addresses you get might not be compatible with the server you are trying to reach or so. Lets say your ISP gave u 194.154.24.17 the third digit is the most important for ISP for the customer not really. Its often used by the tech dep (our client has a ip from 24 network ) . One of our clients including me had  a problem with latency spikes and so, but my internet was better than perfect i couldnt find any problem, so i changed my IP and voila i didnt have any problems since then. Try to explain this to your internet provider and they might fix it cause at least in my company we know which ip is better for world wide and which isnt.

What you describe sounds like an IP conflict, but it's hard to tell your point from such vague info.

The only way an address "might not be compatible with the server" is at login/authentication. If it's within a range of banned IP's for example under region block, or it detects a different address from your previous login; in which case you wouldn't be allowed to connect.

It isn't causing this 30ms one second and 200-400+ms the next scenario.

Was on phone last night couldnt tell more info and sry for mistakes. Every big ISP company have at least 4-5 machines that gives IP through DHCP or static, If the ip is banned you wont be able to open the website at all. I can give u an example:
Tracerouting a website in USA (im in EU) i get pretty nice results, but after 1-2 hours i had to wait like 5 minutes to open the website and when i tracerouted i have huge amount of request time out, then i changed the ip address from lets say 194,154,24,17 to 194.154.24.30 and same cant load the page, but the ip isnt banned, when i changed it to 194.154.40.30 i had no problem at all. Of course we contacted the site and they said the previous IP wasnt in their block list. 

Also every company have a traffic limit and if it goes to sky u will sure have those spikes and of course your ISP wont tell u that :D. But i gotta say im using right now 200mbs internet connection via fiber and there isnt any other on my Switch/ONU still sometimes in arena i have those spikes. When i get back to work i can dig a lil bit about this, but im pretty sure to problem will be someone with fatass slow connection causing the trouble and the NC servers start scanning what causes the trouble and bum there ya you those spikes.

I understand you may only be trying to help but....

Tracerouting a website in USA (im in EU) ....

Which has nothing to do with this thread but hey, again what you describe sounds more like an IP conflict which will adversely effect any/all devices trying to use that IP.

Not the problem OP or others, myself included; are having.

Also every company have a traffic limit and if it goes to sky u will sure have those spikes....

That only affect NCSoft servers? give me a break.

I too am on 200+ fiber and have tested my connection thoroughly all while running a broadband quality monitor.  I've run pingplotter traces to many gameservers hosted in Germany and the only one that lags is NCSofts.

6 hours ago, Tatsuya(Taurus Silver) said:

I understand what is your problem, its the same with all EU players.

You can read here my post:https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/214718-ncsoft-when-will-eu-community-get-real-eu-login-servers-not-this-login-servers-in-austin-texas-with-160ms/  then you understand its not going to be change if NCSoft dont give EU Players real EU Login/Data servers.

This is not the problem, while it still sucks, it isn't causing lag on the Frankfurt servers.

In beta many thought it just to be temporary and that EU would have it's own complete infrastructure come launch, but they will not change it, far too tight for that.

I'm playing a FM so i can feel the smallest latency/delay really well, PvP is almost unplayable for me. I've been playing since launch, and it feels like servers are getting worse after every patch we get.

My normal internet speed:

5345320454.png

My ping ingame:

Ping_Ingame.jpg

My normal ping is around 100-140ms, but as u can see, at random times i get 200+ms, which becomes unplayable. And i'm not the only one, atleast 1/3 of the player base that quits, does it cause they have lag. Dunno what NCSoft does with their servers, it's a shame cause i really like the game..

Heyyyyy brother, I got same lag problem inside game while having a decent 90ms outside over pingplotter and they told me to come here too!!
yay

262o76u.png

Through trace show I got decent ping, Still lag like hell inside game

Just now, realLaw said:

I couldn't even do one damn dungeon today because of this lag spikes.

Please fix this sht!

I couldn't do any shit for month now lol, Only maybe yesterday and day before I was able to do stuffs 

Whatever their server problem is, it seems to vary during the day, and it seems to actually be worse in early afternoon until about 8 or 9pm. UK time that is.

I will go from having constant ping, to sudden huge lag spikes every few seconds, this can happen for hours on end, while NOTHING ELSE LAGGS, pinging bbc.co.uk gives me a constant 27 ms, every single tick. whereas NCsofts server continues to give ms jumps of over 400 inbetween expected 45 ms ticks. 

NcSoft really NEED TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.
I'm starting to not want to play at all, its beyond frustrating. 

Plsss nothing has been changed.

I keep getting damn lag spikes since 11am GMT+2. I login every few hrs to check and after 10hours nothing has been changed. Lag spikes like crazy ending with a   Disconnected from server. (1000)(132,10054).

Why should they do something about it? People are that retarded to give away their money(i'm talking 300eu+) freely on those events for a mediocre and poorly done game.They gained millions and people still paying for memberships and all while we don't even have eu servers.So what's the point? They will get tons of money again from the p2w chests and everything will be fine and dandy! Meanwhile bots running around freely,pathetic support,bugs all around and nobody gives a *cricket*,maintenance i don't even know why they call it that. Let's face it,game is a cash grab and nothing more.No need to bother with this game anymore. At this very moment im trying to do the daily challenge...2 dcs and when i'm in the game 1min delay on skills and animations but ye i guess "it's my isp"..meh trash game and trash company.

The weird thing is, why do some of us have lag/latency and others play like the server is standing next to them? I never played a game with these kind of problems, first game i play where i had to get a program like WTFast to improve my connection, and i still have latency..

2 hours ago, 884156_1452550506 said:

The weird thing is, why do some of us have lag/latency and others play like the server is standing next to them? I never played a game with these kind of problems, first game i play where i had to get a program like WTFast to improve my connection, and i still have latency..

Cause the difference between IPs, Either dynamic or Static 

It's sad that other companies can have good servers, but not BnS...

League, constant 40 ping. Any Blizz game, same. Even some crappy games that nobody heard of have better servers / routing.

Q_Q

1 hour ago, Brainy said:

It's sad that other companies can have good servers, but not BnS...

League, constant 40 ping. Any Blizz game, same. Even some crappy games that nobody heard of have better servers / routing.

Q_Q

Even the shit Perfect world company got a way better servers, LOL

On 25/05/2016 at 6:40 PM, Valiant said:

Nothing will change, 4th day and can't play lol

Lag and 250ms to 500ms all day

i Can't play over a month and my 90 day of premium is going down the drain.... and problem is not ours ISP.. I'm playing FFXIV right now and get better latency and better stability.....

Archived