Lurkios

Character Profile Picture

Recommended Posts

Brainy   
4 hours ago, Enhance said:

It doesn't really have to do with size, though. But yeah, the format is restricted to JPEG (at least the file header).

It doesn't have to do with size, but anything the game generates is not bigger than a few tens or hundreds of Kbytes.

(Unless you take the headers of the generated image or whatever makes it recognizable by the game and inject it into your own file, but seriously, I'm not even sure that works and then how many people can do that ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   

You can use any pic, what was taken with client. So whats the problem? If you can screen with client your family photo, you can use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   
18 hours ago, LilMsQT said:

@Lurkios

Well there's a difference btw complaining  & contructive criticism; and raging out & badgering.

They're working on sheeit, give them time, sheesh.

There's a difference between reading and comprehension as well. I suggest you strive for the latter.

 

This is the result of their "working on it".

Edited by Lurkios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilMsQT   
3 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

There's a difference between reading a comprehension as well. I suggest you strive for the latter.

 

This is the result of their "working on it".

*rolls eyes* oki kid w/e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   

Really sad, looking around today... No one has a profile picture anymore. I guess why bother, when all you can get is idle stance and grey background? Unless I'm missing something that's not against the ToS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meiling   

Haven't fully read the last two pages but yeah, after 2 months, this is their solution to display pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerKFM   
9 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Haven't fully read the last two pages but yeah, after 2 months, this is their solution to display pictures. 

2 months and they failed at even that... with players by-passing their "filter"
(But even then, some players didn't learn and still upload pornographic imagery and child porn, thus... inb4 we're screwed all over again)

You'd think they'd be taking care of bigger problems than trying to restrict a majority of responsible players' ability to have custom photos.
They could've added a report feature and have the people with offensive pictures banned due to ToS and all, but NOPE, blanket punishment! 
 

Edited by TigerKFM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VRock   
26 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

2 months and they failed at even that... with players by-passing their "filter"
(But even then, some players didn't learn and still upload pornographic imagery and child porn, thus... inb4 we're screwed all over again)

You'd think they'd be taking care of bigger problems than trying to restrict a majority of responsible players' ability to have custom photos.
They could've added a report feature and have the people with offensive pictures banned due to ToS and all, but NOPE, blanket punishment! 
 

lol i still didn't find one single person with profile pic whit that content! 

btw CS:GO people upload lot shit to avatars and no1 cries.. Here BnS everyone cries. 

Edited by VRock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   
1 hour ago, VRock said:

lol i still didn't find one single person with profile pic whit that content! 

btw CS:GO people upload lot shit to avatars and no1 cries.. Here BnS everyone cries. 

I tried putting up the crappy idle pose/gray background picture that they seem to want us to use...

 

First attempt failed: Failed to upload.

Second attempt: Failed to upload.

Third attempt: Worked, but then got deleted about 5 minutes later.

 

NC, your failure has failed. This is some inception style BS.

Edited by Lurkios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurkios said:

I tried putting up the crappy idle pose/gray background picture that they seem to want us to use...

 

First attempt failed: Failed to upload.

Second attempt: Failed to upload.

Third attempt: Worked, but then got deleted about 5 minutes later.

 

NC, your failure has failed. This is some inception style BS.

Didn't really get deleted. It actually works half the time. If you don't see the picture either refresh or wait some mins and check again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Romeo21   

The portraits taken from the game are so blurry no matter how high your settings are, the positions are also kinda off sometimes, which there's a wide vacant from the right then your arm was cut from the left. Honestly, it's too unbearable, you can't also make the portrait exactly looks like your character 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much dissapointment. Wanted to draw my character too and have that as profile pic.. well I can still draw it but *siiiiighs*

So much for sharing creativity. Damn wish they just added a report button but even then I'm not even sure they'they'll be looking at it considering we report a bunch of bots daily but they're still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   
On 5/20/2016 at 7:24 PM, Romeo21 said:

The portraits taken from the game are so blurry no matter how high your settings are, the positions are also kinda off sometimes, which there's a wide vacant from the right then your arm was cut from the left. Honestly, it's too unbearable, you can't also make the portrait exactly looks like your character 100%.

The implementation here is depressingly bad...

 

-Doesn't do what it was supposed to.

++Easily worked around via multiple methods, at the risk of action against your account.

-Supports ZERO customization

++You can have any background you like so long as it's gray

++Idle animations ONLY.

-Potato quality images.

-Fails to upload via the "proper" method half the time.

 

Guess a report button and a file-size limit was too much to ask...

 

On 5/20/2016 at 4:38 PM, BlueBunnay said:

Didn't really get deleted. It actually works half the time. If you don't see the picture either refresh or wait some mins and check again. 

 

It never did come back. Re-uploaded it later and it's been around for a day now, on and off.

Edited by Lurkios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VRock   

They say they can ban players for having rude images but i still see lot bots in game and they are reported for weeks.

So guess nothing will be done.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some guy in another thread linked the BnS stream, in there Babbletr0n said they wouldn't hunt down people who liked to put out creative pictures. Just don't be stupid about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerKFM   
11 minutes ago, Hire De Lune said:

Some guy in another thread linked the BnS stream, in there Babbletr0n said they wouldn't hunt down people who liked to put out creative pictures. Just don't be stupid about it.

So this confirms that the whole thing was a waste of money, resources and time, that could've went to problems bigger than this...
That answer basically says "Yep, we wasted time on this, we won't even try to hunt people down and could've just left the original system alone and slapped a report button instead."

#NCSoftFailedPriorities

 

Edited by TigerKFM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arcayne   

I'm not shy when it comes to blaming NC for egregious oversights, however this is not one of those situations. They've done the best they can. Feel fortunate we can actually upload any pics tbh.

 

Yes, I'm annoyed that the profile pic situation results in a total nerf of the system. However its hard to blame NC for their chosen course of action.

 

Nope, NA players, this ones on YOU! 

 

No region required this course of action, why were you the only one? Yeah, thats right, cause you kids were apparently never taught moderation.

 

Wanna be mad at someone over the results, look in a mirror kiddies.

 

Check yourselves and adapt. Eventually, you will be held accountable for your actions.

 

Thats life. Deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liverne   
19 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Yes, I'm annoyed that the profile pic situation results in a total nerf of the system. However its hard to blame NC for their chosen course of action.

 

Nope, NA players, this ones on YOU! 

 

No region required this course of action, why were you the only one? Yeah, thats right, cause you kids were apparently never taught moderation.

 

PREACH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   

Just wondering why this is only EU/NA feature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Romeo21   
11 hours ago, Lurkios said:

Guess a report button and a file-size limit was too much to ask...It never did come back. Re-uploaded it later and it's been around for a day now, on and off.

Yeah, it disappears then sometimes it comes back. When I go cross server, it disappears. I asked people if they can see my profile pic, they said nope.

 

This is so stupid and fck'ed up, some people can still put whatever images they wanted by the way, nothing changed for good, it's so dumb...

Edited by Romeo21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   
8 hours ago, Arcayne said:

I'm not shy when it comes to blaming NC for egregious oversights, however this is not one of those situations. They've done the best they can. Feel fortunate we can actually upload any pics tbh.

Your post is so impossibly short-sighted I'm tempted to call it out as a troll, but regardless:

 

Holding the entire player base responsible for the actions of a few is ridiculous. What's next? Delete the chat box?

 

And, as a side note, this is not "the best they can". We had "they best they can". It was fine, it worked great. This is "crap". They'd have been better off removing it entirely, but as seems to be the trend lately I'm going to assume they were just too lazy or incompetent to change the styling of our profiles.

Edited by Lurkios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babeln   

about profile pic not displaying, as far i know, this glitch was there from start, it sometimes doesnt load... now ppl complain, why not sooner lol

EDIT: all thing is bit glitched, even uploading, from beggining, now as well, takes sometimes 5 tries to upload

And that brings thoughts, what was actual reason for removing it, cuz i inspected so many people, never seen any inapropriate content, never. I think people are short sighted and just take what nc soft says, as something else, than politically correct excuse.

Be happy, we have profile pictures, and theres way to put there your own image, as far as its shot from game, nothing is wrong.

Edited by babeln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arcayne   
3 hours ago, Lurkios said:

Your post is so impossibly short-sighted I'm tempted to call it out as a troll, but regardless:

 

Holding the entire player base responsible for the actions of a few is ridiculous. What's next? Delete the chat box?

 

And, as a side note, this is not "the best they can". We had "they best they can". It was fine, it worked great. This is "crap". They'd have been better off removing it entirely, but as seems to be the trend lately I'm going to assume they were just too lazy or incompetent to change the styling of our profiles.

Oh stop your whining. Of all the things that need fixing in this game, character profile pics are about as low on the priority list as can be. Haxors/bots everywhere, and you're more concerned about putting up your pretty anime .gif? Yeah..I'M short-sighted.

 

Speaking of short-sightedness, heres the part you always seem to coveniently gloss over: NC West has ZERO authority when it comes to altering this games code in any major way. They're essentially care takers. (Dust here, sweep there, turn the room light on/off, but dont move the furniture.) So when I say "the best they can", I mean the best they can.

 

The alternative would've been no upload feature, period. As they can "turn off" certain features if the situation warrants it.

 

Essentially we get what Asia gets. If Asia changes its code, our code changes. However Asias upload feature code wasnt altered and it didnt need to be. Why is that? Why only NA/EU? Care to answer that?

 

Regardless. It is what it is. I'm not thrilled about the outcome, but oh well. As I said, there are FAR more pressing issues regarding this game. I refuse to waste any further time lamenting character profiles. 

 

The way things are headed this game may not even be around in this region in 6 months, and you're crying over character profile pics?

 

Speaking of uploading pics, hmm, wheres my /facepalm .jpg when I need it....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now