Forums

Allow UNLIMITED Quest/Dailies, NOT 40/40.

Sagittarius

As the title stated, is there a real reason why Ncsoft limits the amount of quests/dailies we could do everyday? I had really been trying to find the goods and bads regarding this case. I can't seem to come up with anything bad.

• Why is there a limit that we could only do 40 dailies per day?
  • Is this a strategy that Ncsoft came up with to limit how many hours a player could play the game everyday so they wouldn't get bored out of their mind so quick and quit?

I started an alternative character a bit ago, trying to level it to catch up to my main (or everybody else's levels).

After I had completed 40 dailies, doing so many dungeon runs for boss kill EXP everyday, I could only do so much to earn the EXP. I honestly ran out of things to do after all that. I have not much interest in Arena/WW right now. My priority is to catch up in levels and gears for upcoming patch.

• The result: I just logged off and called it a day in the game.

While running dungeon is good and all, but I could only take so much of noobs and assholes (Not saying I'm the victim, but still..) in the group everyday, I just want something that I could do in my alone time. Like questing, catching up on the levels. Unfortunately, mobs in-game only give 100-300 EXP per kill, like seriously Ncsoft? In a pool of MILLIONS of EXP, each mob gives 100-300 EXP, not to mention other players are in the area too. I could play until Jesus finally have his returns and I still haven't gained 2 levels.

Suggestion: Why not give us UNLIMITED quests/dailies allowance (Not 40/40) each day? There are people who gets bored of their main and want to start alternative characters, you know? There is NO WAY for ALTS to catch up to others' levels if you limit the quest/dailies. Now, in June 1st. There is going to be Hongmoon Level 15, while my alt is not even HM 6, how am I going to catch up to other players? While I understand that levels don't really make much difference. But I want those extra +4 Attack power and skill points.

Please give us UNLIMITED quests/dailies allowance, 40/40 is not enough!

Thank You

Yes,  the limit is there for a lot of reasons. One of them is preventing no lifers being way too ahead from people who have jobs/school, also making people actually take a break. Another is not making BNS a 2nd job (some may say to keep up it almost already is).  It's been confirmed (by community) that this game is alt unfriendly, so I don't think it's possible to level and gear equally 2 chars in this game. And about the limit: Jonathan said that the limit is same in every region and most likely will not get increased any time soon.

19 minutes ago, Infamous said:

Yes,  the limit is there for a lot of reasons. One of them is preventing no lifers being way too ahead from people who have jobs/school, also making people actually take a break. Another is not making BNS a 2nd job (some may say to keep up it almost already is).  It's been confirmed (by community) that this game is alt unfriendly, so I don't think it's possible to level and gear equally 2 chars in this game. And about the limit: Jonathan said that the limit is same in every region and most likely will not get increased any time soon.

Well, if that's the only downside to that to override all the good sides, then I don't know what else to say. Notice u said "alts" what do you say to "new players?" "Limit is same in every region" doesn't necessarily mean it is "working."

Imagine if the dailies are unlimited:

While many of us are fortunate enough to have pro friends to run through dungeons, earn us alot of money from farming. While many casual not-so-fortunate players that have no one to play with. Could go back to old dungeons like E Fleet, bloodshade, those lvl 45 dungeons' dailies to earn extra income.

Another way to look at it: Due to some unfortunate players that have no pro friends to farm money with. They could go back to older dungeons to grind, play and assists new players as they come up. Which would help keep those places a bit busy, I honestly do not see any downside to this. Not having empty/dead dungeons/areas most the time like now, while new players coming up not getting any help. Like when I was leveling my alt, I went into E Fleet and Bloodshade during earlier time of the day, like "wth? where are all the people? Who is going to come help kill these bosses now for my quests? If I don't kill these things, how am I going to get my Breakthrough weapons/accessories to upgrade?

I know for sure if the dailies allowance are unlimited, I would go back to E fleet and Bloodshade more often to gain those extra EXP. At the same time, of course, I would come across and group with new players.

Note: I play from West Coast, USA.

I agree with OP, he/she has some good points. Remove daily limit or increase it from 40. There is many times that I have hit the limit and still had some quest I wanted to do. I had to prioritize instead of being able to do All for some much needed gold.

The limit is pointless anyways, as I've hit it only maybe once unintentionally...every other time I had to try to hit that limit.

Just remove it. The quests can only be done once a day anyways, isn't that limiting enough?

It would be nice to have more dailies available. Or maybe to have some extra slots just for PvP/Faction dailies. My regular playing time is scheduled so that I do 40 PvE dailies and I can't even figure out how people are finding space for PvP dailies. Something like 40 daily and 5 extra slots for pvp/faction quests would be sweet. Also, this might make pvp something more people try out. I never do PvP just because, I've no incentive to try it or space for credit.

Look I don't want to pop your bubble here.... but.... blade and soul is a PvP game. Almost all income comes from PvP i.e. Soul Stones and Moon Stones.

I mean you can crank out 12 hours worth of dailies if you want, for a paltry 30 gold; or you can do SSP twice in an hour and make over 100. It's up to you mate.

I think it should be increased to 50 or 60.

More dungeons are coming, and now they have inside quests there. So content like Naryu, Blackram Supply Chain and Bloodshade must be dead anytime soon, the same for Misty Woods.

I not going Mushin Tower last days for lazy/dont have spot for it.

54 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

OP this is crazy talk. Next thing you'll want is XP from everything you kill.

In fact, wouldnt be a good ideia, or you like be stuck for weeks in one hongmoon level?

40/40

Keeps people from getting to far ahead while at the same time keeping people from feeling forced to do every single daily in the game. Progression minded guilds would require crazy time input due to the importance of gold / hm levels in this game. Helps to somewhat control how much gold is available in game as well. 

Argue for 50/50 but unlimited is something that just cant happen. 

12 hours ago, Infamous said:

Yes,  the limit is there for a lot of reasons. One of them is preventing no lifers being way too ahead from people who have jobs/school, also making people actually take a break.

While i buy the "take a break" bit for Asia, I think there is some law that requires it; the no life is BS. All people have to do is just buy gold and be far ahead. You don't see NCSoft putting a limit on NCCoins you can buy or spend per day do you? Yeah, the gap between players in no way factors into this unless they are going to do something to decrease the gap for free players and reduce the amount $$$ shop spenders can get to progres. Do you think that will really happen?

3 hours ago, Xenophine said:

Look I don't want to pop your bubble here.... but.... blade and soul is a PvP game.

True

3 hours ago, Xenophine said:

Almost all income comes from PvP i.e. Soul Stones and Moon Stones. I mean you can crank out 12 hours worth of dailies if you want, for a paltry 30 gold; or you can do SSP twice in an hour and make over 100. It's up to you mate.

False

If you are not making more gold in pve, you are doing something incredibly wrong. Also, ssp is pve. 

6 minutes ago, KatHead said:

True

False

If you are not making more gold in pve, you are doing something incredibly wrong. Also, ssp is pve. 

SSP is PVE? Tell this to the blues in my server that barely do Mining, but when comes to kill us hahaha

Just now, Ketsura said:

SSP is PVE? Tell this to the blues in my server that barely do Mining, but when comes to kill us hahaha

I will right after I get through killing the 194th npc out of 395 I must kill for x pve quest in ssp.

Your server has blues ? Reds on Soha took care of the Blue problem a long time ago, the only Blues we see now are just teleporting all over the place grabbing soldiers and meteorites. 

6 hours ago, Xenophine said:

Look I don't want to pop your bubble here.... but.... blade and soul is a PvP game. Almost all income comes from PvP i.e. Soul Stones and Moon Stones.

I mean you can crank out 12 hours worth of dailies if you want, for a paltry 30 gold; or you can do SSP twice in an hour and make over 100. It's up to you mate.

I don't think it's solely a PVP game.

You can make 20+ gold by doing just the Silverfrost purples for 2-3 hours. 12 hours for 30g is too much of an exaggeration. But I do get your point. Dailies can only be done once while you can grind SSP all day.

7 hours ago, Xenophine said:

You are wrong, what you are saying must be PVP, but since in almost all servers people switched to the strongest faction, SSP is PVE system, since no PVP is going on in there.

At least im in Yunwa and reds has the 90% of the server, so blues almost never, or never, do SSP... I think we done it 3 times in more than 1 month that has been around, so thats how unbalanced the games is. Really bad.

When the 90% reach to end game they will tell to their self, what do i do now? I will go pvp...  And that is killing 500 ap guys and bots. Thats how fun is the game for some people.

40 or 400, 'tis all the same to me. The daily lockout is meaningless in terms of preventing a gear gap. A 1ce per week gear drop on the purple dungeons would have served a purpose, but this game is not intended to operate in a low-volume content mode.

Was expecting some people to mention gold inflation as a reason not to raise the daily limit. Only skimmed through the topic but didn't catch any mention of that, so that's a good thing.

But I do think unlimited dailies is a bit much. Maybe 50 or 60 to accomodate some more farming options, especially with more dailies coming in June 1 update.

12 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Was expecting some people to mention gold inflation as a reason not to raise the daily limit. Only skimmed through the topic but didn't catch any mention of that, so that's a good thing.

But I do think unlimited dailies is a bit much. Maybe 50 or 60 to accomodate some more farming options, especially with more dailies coming in June 1 update.

Well, SS being 30 silver each considering the amount you can farm in SSP is nonsense, idk who buys that amounts that are flooding the market.

Just now, Mastrof said:

Well, SS being 30 silver each considering the amount you can farm in SSP is nonsense, idk who buys that amounts that are flooding the market.

Anyone who needs that amount quickly and has the gold to spare. I know some who would rather do that instead of farming SSP, myself included.

Archived