[Suggestion for Devs] Improving Premium benefits, etc. Members welcome to add ideas

Here's another suggestion for premium members:

allow us to buy inventory space (inventory + vault) with GOLD. IN GAME GOLD. 

Let that replace wardrobe being a privlege instead and make wardrobe free for everyone!

the amount of free players who will buy costumes with inventory space will make up for the money you lose on bags and if it's premium only that might be incentive for people to buy a premium package to get cheaper inventory space. Just don't then be greedy and take it away when premium runs out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, wardrobe should be for everyone, it feels rather lazy and petty on the Devs part to just make it premium only thing.

I'd also like the Devs to consider making a premium access only section for the forums where only premium members can view and post. This could also serve as an area for priority feedback for Devs.

While I think everyone's feedback should matter I do think Premium members should have a bit more weight behind our feedback given the fact that we're investing non-mandatory money into this game with the desire of mutual benefits between us and the Devs.

Premium does need some reworking and unless the Devs start seriously trying to address Premium member concerns and requests, a lot of Premium members are having doubts about renewing memberships, the Devs are at risk of losing profit venues which is bad business sense. 

I must admit I'm skeptical about the Devs doing anything, considering updates have come and gone and still they've done little to make the Premium community feel very valued. I'm not the first person to raise questions and ideas about improvements, this topic has shown plenty of people have had such things on their minds and some have made topics of their own.

Yet little has changed, not a good sign.

Still I'm an optimist and I'll remain hopeful that maybe just maybe the Devs will stop screwing around and start paying attention to people handing them money.

A little bonus monthly gift for subscribers who stick with the subscription month to month. Something akin to the Japanese model for premium.

31 minutes ago, UncetaVictoria said:

Premium does need some reworking and unless the Devs start seriously trying to address Premium member concerns and requests, a lot of Premium members are having doubts about renewing memberships, the Devs are at risk of losing profit venues which is bad business sense.

I plan on canceling subscription renewal in a couple days myself and I had premium for a few months. It really isn't worth the money in it's current form even if you get to tier 9.

All I want is account wide storage and I can store gold in it as well. Makes leveling alts so much easier. I have so many Siren/Priate and various untradeable items that I can pass onto to my alts to make leveling them much much easier and enjoyable.

So, playing JP BNS for now to see how different is it. I just stumbled across JP BNS' Premium member ship.

The bundle deals that come in 30 or 90 day bundles. Here this month's Premium gifts in JP:

A costume, 20x 100,000 EXp charms, 1 1Mil exp charm, 15 Naryu tablet, Attack Citrine HM gem, and 20 HM soups.
Premium.png

Screenshot_160611_010_1.jpg

For 90 days you get 

90 days purchase bonus items

iconRyushokai.jpg 6,000 jade dragon
icon1606_1.jpg Quest reward Gold bonus 90 days (50% improvement)
icon1606_2.jpg Fortune tone breath time shortened 90 days (4 seconds shortening)
icon1606_3.jpg (Attack) one burning hexagonal topaz of Hong Monpa
icon1606_4.jpg Growth amulet one of the special Hong Monpa
icon1606_5.jpg Growth talisman 20 Baiyun Zen master
icon1606_6.jpg 15 Naru lithograph
icon1606_7.jpg White Aoyama pulse of Hong Monpa tisane 1 to 14 醒 20
icon1606_8.jpg The hustle and bustle of the city (costume) one

Little bit hard to read but you get an attack HongMoon Jewel, 20 HM exerpience gems, 15 naryu tablets, a cool costume and about 6,000 HM Coins

The 30 days gives you 8 dragon pouches and 2,000HM coins in addition to the monthly benefits. versus our "generous 200 HM coin".

The benefits are roughly the same as us:

Benefits kind Special Offer
Adding luck panel Daily use number of times 4 times Free number of times of use once a day will be available added a total of 5 times 4 times.
Market registration fee discount Discount to market items during registration fee will be applied.
Drop of the game in the currency from the NPC You can earn in-game currency from the enemy NPC.
Move warehouse function You can use the mobile warehouse function.
RyuShokai dedicated product purchase RyuShokai allows the purchase of private goods.
Reduce reuse time of shrinking land surgery Re-use time of shrinking land surgery will be 20 seconds.
Discount the weapon appearance change fee of Weapon appearance change fee will be 50% discount.
Daily Quest, attraction Quest acquisition experience value up Daily Quest, won experience of attraction quest is up 20 percent.

But each month they can randomly add these items as gifts:

Acquisition possible list of items from the gift of HakuRyu

(Group "Lingshi ten bundles" and "Frozen stinger" of fixed can earn 100%, random ① either wins with probability, 
will be random ② any one but be acquired from the. )

icon Item name group Quantity Description Take cited properties
icon151014_1.jpg Frozen stinger fixed 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_2.jpg Ten bundles Lingshi 1 10 can be acquired bunch Lingshi ×
icon151014_4.jpg Fortunately Wuhun Random ① 1 High crystalline body of the weapon growth material growth experience value ×
icon151014_3.jpg Lucky gem 1 High trinkets growth material growth experience value crystalline body ×
icon151014_5.jpg Legend Taketamashi 1 Legend grade weapon growth material ×
icon151014_6.jpg Legendary jewel 1 Vale grade material loaded body with growth ×
icon151014_7.jpg Scales of HakuRyu Random ② 1 Instance dungeon floating altar items for admission
icon151014_8.jpg 10 soul of Henri unmanned 1 Soul ten achievable bunch of Henri unmanned ×
icon151014_9.jpg Ten bundles Lingshi 1 10 can be acquired bunch Lingshi ×
icon151014_10.jpg Frozen stinger 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_11.jpg Moonstone 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_12.jpg The key to grassland 1 Loot possible opening of the occluded Lingshi grassland
icon151014_13.jpg Medal of Honor 1 Weapon of growth material
icon151014_14.jpg Null soul stone 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_15.jpg Naru lithograph 1 Evolution material of weapons and trinkets ×
icon151014_16.jpg 100 bundles Lingshi 1 100 can be acquired bunch stone spirits ×
icon151014_17.jpg Frozen stinger ten bundles 1 Frozen i ta te zu lethal beam 10 for possible na ×
icon151014_18.jpg Moon stone ten bundles 1 Moon stone 10 can be acquired bunch ×
icon151014_19.jpg The key to shining Suigetsu plains 1 If you use a weapon box filled-in, available in Suigetsu plains region their profession to fit weapons be acquired
icon151014_20.jpg The key to shiny white Aoyama pulse 1 Their profession to fit weapon can earn when you use a weapon box filled-in, available in white Aoyama pulse region
icon151014_21.jpg Grief of flowers 1 Grief of flowers that can be acquired
icon151014_22.jpg Growth of the excellent book Monpa talisman 1 Hong Gate 1 to 14 醒 possible Hong Gate experience value 100,000 won can be used up to ×

So, tired of NCWEST trying to milk us for money while giving us the lowest in return. I haven't brought their premium membership for months, haven't brought anything really from them.Other regions give out way more HM coins per month and costumes as well, verus our handful of HM coins and one costume only if you buy the yearly sub. If they have their membership like this I would definitely buy, Terrible management.

Here is the direct link btw: http://www.ncsoft.jp/shop/bns/playList

Oh and on their daily dash they can get a free days worth of premium on certain squares O_O

4 hours ago, PanCore said:

So, tired of NCWEST trying to milk us for money while giving us the lowest in return. I haven't brought their premium membership for months, haven't brought anything really from them.Other regions give out way more HM coins per month and costumes as well, verus our handful of HM coins and one costume only if you buy the yearly sub. If they have their membership like this I would definitely buy, Terrible management.

This is uber depressing. Wooow. They're doing us so dirty...

This is the 90 days premium for BnS TW, it's somewhat similar to JP but not as much stuff. For 90 days you get 4000 HM coins straight away, 300 for login, another 300 for 5 hours spend online. This allow us to buy quite some stuff from HM store dailies, like reset, Sacred Longui or Ethereal battleground keys.

This is the current daily dash and this are the current events running in TW. From the time I join BnS TW, there were 2 events that give free costume just for FB sharing, no money needed. TBH BnS NA events pale in comparison to TW.

I think it's cuz the player base of US/EU is much larger than that of TW/JP, so NCWest allows themselves to get lax - in fact, extremely lax, to the point of lazy and just do it for show - about what they offer to us, who are willing to tolerate a lot of unfair things just to play the game, cuz we can only either play this version or go to other games.

You don't want this and that? You can either adapt to it, or leave and they still have 10 other players to replace you. "Without you, the market still thrives", a saying from my place. Business may become ugly at its finest.

6 hours ago, PanCore said:

So, playing JP BNS for now to see how different is it. I just stumbled across JP BNS' Premium member ship.

The bundle deals that come in 30 or 90 day bundles. Here this month's Premium gifts in JP:

A costume, 20x 100,000 EXp charms, 1 1Mil exp charm, 15 Naryu tablet, Attack Citrine HM gem, and 20 HM soups.
Premium.png

Screenshot_160611_010_1.jpg

For 90 days you get 

90 days purchase bonus items

iconRyushokai.jpg 6,000 jade dragon
icon1606_1.jpg Quest reward Gold bonus 90 days (50% improvement)
icon1606_2.jpg Fortune tone breath time shortened 90 days (4 seconds shortening)
icon1606_3.jpg (Attack) one burning hexagonal topaz of Hong Monpa
icon1606_4.jpg Growth amulet one of the special Hong Monpa
icon1606_5.jpg Growth talisman 20 Baiyun Zen master
icon1606_6.jpg 15 Naru lithograph
icon1606_7.jpg White Aoyama pulse of Hong Monpa tisane 1 to 14 醒 20
icon1606_8.jpg The hustle and bustle of the city (costume) one

Little bit hard to read but you get an attack HongMoon Jewel, 20 HM exerpience gems, 15 naryu tablets, a cool costume and about 6,000 HM Coins

The 30 days gives you 8 dragon pouches and 2,000HM coins in addition to the monthly benefits. versus our "generous 200 HM coin".

The benefits are roughly the same as us:

Benefits kind Special Offer
Adding luck panel Daily use number of times 4 times Free number of times of use once a day will be available added a total of 5 times 4 times.
Market registration fee discount Discount to market items during registration fee will be applied.
Drop of the game in the currency from the NPC You can earn in-game currency from the enemy NPC.
Move warehouse function You can use the mobile warehouse function.
RyuShokai dedicated product purchase RyuShokai allows the purchase of private goods.
Reduce reuse time of shrinking land surgery Re-use time of shrinking land surgery will be 20 seconds.
Discount the weapon appearance change fee of Weapon appearance change fee will be 50% discount.
Daily Quest, attraction Quest acquisition experience value up Daily Quest, won experience of attraction quest is up 20 percent.

But each month they can randomly add these items as gifts:

Acquisition possible list of items from the gift of HakuRyu

(Group "Lingshi ten bundles" and "Frozen stinger" of fixed can earn 100%, random ① either wins with probability, 
will be random ② any one but be acquired from the. )

icon Item name group Quantity Description Take cited properties
icon151014_1.jpg Frozen stinger fixed 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_2.jpg Ten bundles Lingshi 1 10 can be acquired bunch Lingshi ×
icon151014_4.jpg Fortunately Wuhun Random ① 1 High crystalline body of the weapon growth material growth experience value ×
icon151014_3.jpg Lucky gem 1 High trinkets growth material growth experience value crystalline body ×
icon151014_5.jpg Legend Taketamashi 1 Legend grade weapon growth material ×
icon151014_6.jpg Legendary jewel 1 Vale grade material loaded body with growth ×
icon151014_7.jpg Scales of HakuRyu Random ② 1 Instance dungeon floating altar items for admission
icon151014_8.jpg 10 soul of Henri unmanned 1 Soul ten achievable bunch of Henri unmanned ×
icon151014_9.jpg Ten bundles Lingshi 1 10 can be acquired bunch Lingshi ×
icon151014_10.jpg Frozen stinger 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_11.jpg Moonstone 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_12.jpg The key to grassland 1 Loot possible opening of the occluded Lingshi grassland
icon151014_13.jpg Medal of Honor 1 Weapon of growth material
icon151014_14.jpg Null soul stone 1 Growth material of weapons and trinkets
icon151014_15.jpg Naru lithograph 1 Evolution material of weapons and trinkets ×
icon151014_16.jpg 100 bundles Lingshi 1 100 can be acquired bunch stone spirits ×
icon151014_17.jpg Frozen stinger ten bundles 1 Frozen i ta te zu lethal beam 10 for possible na ×
icon151014_18.jpg Moon stone ten bundles 1 Moon stone 10 can be acquired bunch ×
icon151014_19.jpg The key to shining Suigetsu plains 1 If you use a weapon box filled-in, available in Suigetsu plains region their profession to fit weapons be acquired
icon151014_20.jpg The key to shiny white Aoyama pulse 1 Their profession to fit weapon can earn when you use a weapon box filled-in, available in white Aoyama pulse region
icon151014_21.jpg Grief of flowers 1 Grief of flowers that can be acquired
icon151014_22.jpg Growth of the excellent book Monpa talisman 1 Hong Gate 1 to 14 醒 possible Hong Gate experience value 100,000 won can be used up to ×

Here is the direct link btw: http://www.ncsoft.jp/shop/bns/playList

Oh and on their daily dash they can get a free days worth of premium on certain squares O_O

Yup out of all the regions we got the shit end of the premium stick and free users got the shit end of the f2p stick!!

every 90 day sub gets a free costume on TW AND you feel like you're appreciated for supporting a F2P game. Use your HMCoins wisely and you'll never have to buy anything but the sub unless you want a nCoin exclusive outfit but there's also plenty of decent HMCoin only outfits too.

ALSO with the absence of a currency exchange it also encourages people to sub. HMCoin you get free on a daily basis is a good way to earn money on the MP. 

Waste of time. NCwest has done ONE thing beneficial in the last 5 months....make Moonwater Transformation Stones cost 50 Soulstones instead of 100. Other than that they have done nothing outside of P2W "events".

@

Squirrelzzzzz

Don't forget, on top of all that our "level 10 premium" is simply everything they get just for being premium...lol.

They will not change anything and it will be the last game that i'm going to play from ncsoft, just mockery. By the way, we still have "log in priority", we can use it wisely. lol
"Free to play app/game" and we, people, are the product, they don't give a *cricket* about us. Just like they said in livestream...

Looking at all the benefits from other regions, our premium membership really sucks.  Please step it up.  

Increased Gold Earned from Daily and Field Quests

Increased XP Earned from Daily and Field Quests

Increased Gold Earned from Combat
Increased XP Earned from Combat

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining

Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees

Increased Marketplace Sell Slots
Increased Currency Exchange Sell Slots

Reduced Weapon Glamour Fees
Increased Gathering and Crafting XP

Faster Chi Recovery
Windstride Cooldown
Reduced Weapon Evolution and Breakthrough Fees

All of these are nice to have, but hardly a selling point.

Wardrobe Deposit
Exclusive Tab in Dragon Express
Dragon Express (Sell)

This is the only stuff that's useful/needed. 

Additional Daily Dash Spin

Only useful on continuous circuit type Daily Dash.  If it's the endpoint type, it sits there for weeks being useless.

Login Queue Priority

Was maybe useful for the first few days after release?  Now useless.

Premium Membership Icon
Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk

People wish they could turn these off.

Remote Storage

Sounds useful?  Wouldn't know since it's rank 9 or higher only.

Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items

Discounts would be nice, if there were any.  Also, you get less Rank Points because of it, which is really stupid.

Subscribers are the ones who can keep this game running.  You can't rely on those who splash the cash and leave.  Please examine Premium Membership and provide much more value for subscribers.

* No fees for premium to list things on the AH.

*Able to store gold in your vault.

*Discounted cost on things in the store.

*Hongmoon coins allowance per month that you sub.

*Extra entry for the once per day entry dungeons - even if it's just upped to 2 entries a day.

If we had some of these added to premium, i'd definitely feel like I was getting my money's worth compared to what we get now.

I like our XP bonus etc and what we get atm, but feel to attract more people to buy premium, you really have to make it WORTH it. Alot of the bonuses we get are easy to live without. Things like no fees for listing on the AH would attract sooo many people to buy premium imo.

I definetly not going to renew my premium membership it's so expensive just for a wardrobe who is free on other regions... Cleary when I see the JP version we are scammed by NCWEST... what can I espect from them since Aion's fiasco? Premium members are not valued by this compagny I feel betrayed again by you NC... :/

2 hours ago, Nahelim said:

I definetly not going to renew my premium membership it's so expensive just for a wardrobe who is free on other regions... Cleary when I see the JP version we are scammed by NCWEST... what can I espect from them since Aion's fiasco? Premium members are not valued by this compagny I feel betrayed again by you NC... :/

I canceled my sub after seeing the JP benefits.  I always thought the benefits weren't that great, but aftwr seeing this, I actually felt ripped off....  TT_TT 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I'd heard murmurs of our Premium not being up to reasonable standards of other regions but this is unreal on just how much we're getting shafted.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit upset but who wouldn't be, we're basically getting scammed and being told we should be grateful for it too.

I'm definitely not renewing my Premium once it expires if things stay the same, its not good investment.

they could make wardrobe avail to all, but premium get account wide access or at the minium at tier 9 no longer have to use stamps to send outfits

Or even at tier 10 no more mailing fees at all.

If you want to send the ruby to your alt, it costs 5g. I think at tier 10 you should get much better perks than they give. You've supported the game so much, The higher tiers should help support you as well

• 5 weeks later...

Natose you've got some pretty solid ideas. Though as its been revealed, in other regions everyone gets wardrobe by default so I definitely thing that should be a given.

Personally I'd really love to hear why NCWest is shafting us, the direct supports so much I mean doubt they have a good reason but I'd take any reason over no reason at all.

But alas I'm getting off topic in my on topic.

I had another idea, come to me recently. I think it would be nice if Premium could have its own separate forum where only premium members could view and post in.

1. Get rid of/reduce cost of tiered benefits. Having to spend nearly $800 to unlock max benefits is insane. Mobile banking is a HUGE convenience that I'm sure a lot of people would shell out for if it wasn't a whales only thing. 

2. Increased windwalk stamina regen. This one is so obvious I don't know why they haven't  done it. 

3. Extra dungeon entries for cold storage/mandate.

4. Give wardrobe to free players. This one legit tilts me. It feels like they've ripped out a core feature and sold it back. Premium should be extra benefits on top of the base game.

5. Extra bank slots. Would work the same as the wardrobe does now, but for everything.

Current Benefits we have: 

Increased Gold Earned from Daily and Field Quests
Usefulness: Useless
Comments: When prices are 200 - 900 gold, then getting an extra 25 silver isn't really helping you out. Price hikes make this useless.

The economy is at fault here and not so much this system. But it doesn't change the fact that its sort of useless.

Increased XP Earned from Daily and Field Quests 
Usefulness: Sort of Helpful
Comments: I was questing with a non-premium friend. I hit HM1 once all the quest ran out while they had to dungeon grind. I think they should have reached HM 1 using only the quest while I should have reached HM 2 or been close to that. What is the point of all these quest if its not even going to properly level players?

This comes off feeling like the exp received from dailies and quest is reduced for non-premiums instead of the Exp being increased for the premiums. 

Increased Gold Earned & XP Earned from Combat
Usefulness: Sort of Helpful
Comments: Its there, but like I said already, price hikes & the feeling that the exp rate is dropped for F2P instead of just upped makes it not very rewarding.

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining
Usefulness: A little
Comments: Again that feeling that they just dropped the RNG % rate for F2P appears.

Someone here suggested giving premiums Hongmoon coins daily. Interesting.

Perhaps every premium member who logs on should get 1 Hongmoon coin for everyday they log on. It would be like flier miles. The more you travel the more you accumulate until you can treat yourself to a free flight. The more you log in, the more you accumulate until you can treat yourself to something in the store.

That is more incentive to log in then the current, I MIGHT get something I need in the daily dash today.

Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees, Weapon Glamour Fees, Weapon Evolution and Breakthrough Fees
Usefulness: Helpful
Comments: Helps players keep a little more cash in their pocket. Someone said to remove the fees completely, but the fees are there as a gold sink. They are poor gold sinks, but gold sinks nevertheless

Increased Marketplace Sell Slots & Currency Exchange Sell Slots
Usefulness: convenient
Comments: It is nice to be able to sell more stuff

Increased Gathering and Crafting XP
Usefulness: A little
Comments: I can't tell the difference, but I have not reached tier 10 yet so maybe by the time I hit that it will be something amazing. Either that or I'll have nothing left to craft by the time I reach tier 10, thus rendering this useless. 

Faster Chi Recovery & Windstride Cooldown
Usefulness: Convenient
Comments: It’s not game breaking and that is good

Wardrobe Deposit
Usefulness: Counter productive
Comments: Its counter productive because it discourages players from buying costumes. People who for whatever reason just don't do subscriptions can't toss $ at you for outfits because there is literally no way for them to store it. 

It is understandable that NCSOFT realizes that the current premium literally has nothing compelling in it to make people really want it, and that everybody wants wardrobe. But slapping it behind a subscription based pay wall is terrible. It doesn't suddenly force people to subscribe, instead it pisses people off. 

Premium should feel like a rewards system, not like some sort of storage bill that reminds you constantly that you have too much stuff and should learn to live without it. Here are some rewarding ways to slap a price tag on wardrobe:

1) Sell wardrobe to players who reach tier 4 or 5 (In others words spend at least $100 which is easy when you are collecting every outfit and casually tossing $10 to $20 a month at the game). Then at least people who won't sub but who would spend cash buying your outfits could continue to support the game by buying outfits. Thus allowing you to collect $ from subscribers and non-subscribers who just want to collect them all.

2) Offer unlocked wardrobe to players who buy the 1 year premium. Again use wardrobe as a way to thank players for having tossed $100 at the game, not hinder outfit sales.

Wardrobe features that could be placed behind a sub wall:

1) Free outfit sharing inventory. None of that pay to mail nonsense. Why not allow someone paying a monthly fee to be able to share their outfits with their alts easily? Leave the pay to mail for the people not subbed. 

Exclusive Tab in Dragon Express & Dragon Express (Sell)
Comments: It is convenient

Additional Daily Dash Spin
Convenient
It is nice to have but would be better if premium were allowed to go around again as someone mentioned earlier.

Login Queue Priority
Usefulness: Useless
Comments: Servers have stabilized

Premium Membership Icon
Usefulness: n/a
Comments: You either like it or hate it

Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk
Usefulness: n/a
Comments: Its nice and would be even nicer with a toggle on/off button as others have stated.

Remote Storage
Comments: Don't have T10 but sure sounds convenient

Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items
Usefulness: Sort of
Comments: High Tier get better discounts, so I guess its fine once you reach a higher tier

Other things that could be in premium:

*Ability to change servers (one transfer per month subscribed. Ex: if you paid for 3 months, then you can transfer 3 times)
*Subscribe for 3 months and get one complementary cosmetic change (1st 3 month = Gender swap, 6 months = race swap, 9 months = name change, 12 months = Character alteration voucher

Completely agreed Wardrobe should be free to everyone, as per other territory.

Premium should have a bigger storage capacity.

Way more then the extra cheap 200 HM coins for 3 months sub (really???) put another zero there and we'll start talking.

As another player mentioned, go look up Japan, they know how to treat their customer and not just as another ATM

4 hours ago, Nitblade said:

Completely agreed Wardrobe should be free to everyone, as per other territory.

Premium should have a bigger storage capacity.

Way more then the extra cheap 200 HM coins for 3 months sub (really???) put another zero there and we'll start talking.

As another player mentioned, go look up Japan, they know how to treat their customer and not just as another ATM

Ok this really needs to stop. Saying but TW or JP, or CH have wardrobe free is not a legit argument to get wardrobe. Its nothing more than whining that someone else got something bigger and shiner and you (the community) are that immature 5 year old that wants it too just because. We are not CH, TW, or JP, so who cares what they got. We don't need to have what they have. We need to have our own good premium for the NA.

Wardrobe is a bad business choice not because every other version gives it free, but because it does not encourages outfit sales. It instead forces players to think realistically: Do I really need all these outfits that I would sub? But what happens if I can't afford 1 month because they sell a bunch of outfits during a promo? Then I'd have to somehow survive on limited inventory-" <----That is way too much thinking you are forcing a consumer to do. Making a consumer think that hard about a product before buying it will not help your sales.

If players automatically had wardrobe for free or if you made it that players could unlock the wardrobe by buying it, or spending x amount of cash, then players would aim to unlock it. With it unlocked players would automatically see an outfit they like and just buy it without all that deep thought causing them to realistically measure the needs vs want meter.

Placing wardrobe as a sub:

1 - Shows that NCsoft knows their premium is terrible and that the only thing that could possible get anyone to buy into it are those looking for a exp boost or everyone who wants to collect outfits

2 - It honestly doesn't encourage people to buy the sub, it surely didn't encourage any of my friends. When the game first came out and I told my friend they would have to pay for wardrobe they said: " I guess I won't be buying any outfits then. I'll find 1 outfit I really really like and just wear that." <--- In most cases this is what players said. They didn't hop into forums and whine, they didn't contact NCsoft and demand change. Realistically speaking people just said "oh well for that" and just didn't bother with the sub. No sub means you are also not getting any cash in IM for outfits because why would anyone not subbed buy an outfit they can't even store? If wardrobe wasn't locked behind a sub NCSOFT would get cash from both subscribers and those not subbed but buying outfits. HOWEVER premium rewards are so bad that if they removed wardrobe, then pretty much nobody would buy it. In other words, NCSOFT can't remove wardrobe from sub until they actually make premium worth buying. 

In conclusion wardrobe being a sub is not bad because CH, JP, and TW get it free. Its bad because it literally stops outfit sales for players who if not for a sub wall would be tossing $ at them for outfits. It's nothing but a lazy attempt at cash garbing because NCwest has a bad premium that they never updated after servers stabilized. The current premium benefits are either obsolete, not very helpful and not worth paying for monthly so instead of improving it they decided to slap wardrobe in there. But it didn't work as well as they hoped because many players said oh well and simply just decided not to buy any outfits. B&S clearly aimed at milking cash using outfits and NCwest shot themselves in the foot by cutting off many players who'd have casually just tossed $ at the screen for the outfits. 

On top of the existing benefits I think something like what tera used to do could work - every month when you renew you got a gift pack. It changed every month so one month you got say, a costume, next you got supplies for weap upgrades or useful items. *coughmoonstonescough* - would be good! I think a lot more people would sub if we had something like this.

Archived