[Suggestion for Devs] Improving Premium benefits, etc. Members welcome to add ideas

Okay so at the suggestion of someone from support I'm starting a topic here to  purpose some ideas for the Devs and members to consider.

Premium in this game isn't much to write home about, that small bit of exp boost (which is crazy in a game with a low level cap), wardrobe storage (only really useful if you're rabid a outfit collector and don't want to expand vault and inventory spaces), fancy run animation (they're cool but I wouldn't be heartbroken without them) and possible store discounts aren't really enough to justify price asked for it.

So there are number of ways this issue can get addressed. First Premium's price could be dropped to better balance out the lackluster service it gives out.

Other option is to add more benefits and perks to Premium to make it a smart and desired investment.

I have a few ideas but if any other members have ideas they want to add they are more then welcome to post them.

So here are a few ideas I had to possibly make Premium more worth while.

1. Higher discount in the store or exclusive sales that could happen every other week.

2. More exclusive items.

3. Exclusive access to either rental or purchase of outfits no longer in the Hongmoon Store or of past events, (in this case I'd say it wouldn't be fair to ask for discounts so full price would be acceptable in this case)

4. [Open for ideas from other members]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some premium only, in chat or character based emotes or other sort of flair things on top of the run animations as well as possibly class or race specific for the other movement animations would be nice too.

Here's what I don't want in premium:

- A massive star next to your name that just is begging Gold Sellers to want to be your friends even if you don't want any part of buying gold.

- Windwalking effects to be apart of the benefits. Make it a consumable like it Taiwan. All those added effects makes it laggy for people with non nasa internet and is just annoying constantly.

- To pay for shit that is free on other regions. YES WARDROBE! I was referring to you!

Here's what I'd like:

- HMCoin's like TW.

The end.

1. Free Windstriding/take 5 seconds to do it instead of 10....

2. Daily Dash to continue when you have completed it....

3. More discounts in the Hongmoon Store....

4. Higher % exp for quests and killing mobs.

I'm actually Premium level 9.

I would definitely like a huge boost in EXP for questing and kills, and a better discount on more items in the Hongmoon store.

Most importantly would be to transfer untradeable items WITHIN the account. I have so many items, like gems and costumes that I would love my new main to have, but can't transfer at all. Very inconvenient.

I agree with making things optional like displaying a massive symbol next to your name and windwalking fancy effects. 

A lot of benefits I have to be honest go unnoticed. I notice upgrade discounts, XP boost and gold from kills. I pay for that and wardrobe. I also agree it's annoying that you're paying for something that's free on other servers. 

HMCoins would be nice. Love nosying in on how many HMCoins I've accumulated each day on TW.

To me HMCoin is the biggest draw card and makes you feel like a premium member. When events come around (not all) but take trove for example, 55 keys without Paying anymore money than your original membership. Sure I think it's limited to 1 per account but still it does make it feel like a 'premium benefit'. I enjoy saving my hongmoon coins in anticipation for events knowing I won't go broke doing a little rng gambling fun.

Here is my long list of feedback:

For people who feel hopeless about premium feedback.

If you want to win lottery, you have to buy lottery tickets first. If you want improvements, then you have to give feedback. If staying positive and negative both changes nothing, then I'm rather positive to make my breakfast feel better.

You've also got some good ideas going on there Alysha Hawkeye.

All and all I'm glad to see most of the people posting here are putting some serious thought into this.

The real question though is if the Devs are gonna take any of this too heart and implement it.

There are few things I can think of and some of them others mentioned already. Some simply annoy me a little and I wouldn't mind if they were changed.

Here goes:

1. continued daily dash
I find it really annoying that daily dash extra spin is only there to finish faster (I've finished current one 22 days before end). I would like it to be continuous so when dash for outfit ends premium members could continue with regular one.

2. on and off windwalk effects
Yeah I've heard what devs said about it but one still can hope right? I only love the one on my summoner.

3. reduced time of switching between channels

4. untradable items possible to transfer within account
evolution materials, charms, outfit tickets (like imagine finding BSH outfit ticket on your lyn summoner while having gon, jin and yun XD) Outfits should be tradable within account until equipped esp. race specific ones.

5. storage tab accessible for all characters on account
it can be smaller that normal but I have like all crafting professions on 4 of my lvl 50 characters and passing materials between them is annoying as hell :D (it also connects to point 4 and untradable materials)

6. extra run for dungeons with limited access (CS for example)

7. access to outfits from previous rotations (maybe one ticket per month)

A weekly allowance (or even daily allowance) of HM coin would be great, and I don't understand why we don't have this already. There is an online horseback riding game made for children-adult that gives their players 100 points of free cash shop currency (currency that is no different from regular paid currency, mind you, so they can even be mixed, unlike HM coin and Ncoin) for every week the account is subscribed. Their monthly subscription only costs around $7.99, and their LIFETIME membership only costs around $69 or so....to have access to all premium features forever with no further payment and an allowance of cash shop currency forever. You can literally save up for every mount in the game over a relatively short period of time JUST by subscribing. We pay more for a mere year of B&S and get way less. I'd love to know why a much smaller company can give their players free currency but NCSoft can't seem to get their fingers out of our wallets. (And yes, I know the currency exchange is technically "Free HM coins" but that's not the point)

As someone who has had it from the start, for me Premium needs two things. First, the Wardrobe needs to go, it should just be free for everyone. There are so many outfits in the game and with the crazy limited amount of bank space (unless you pay up even more...) you simply can't collect them unless you get premium. If you want to do something Wardrobe-related for Premium members, simply make it inaccessible through F3 for non-Premium members and add the Wardrobe to the same NPC that grants Vault access. That way it's still more convenient for Premium players. And if you need any more incentive: players who don't have premium are actually held back from buying costumes because they don't have any space to put them.

Also, like others have suggested: give people who are already paying money a weekly or monthly HM coin allowance. I'm already paying as much as I'd pay for a game like WoW, I refuse to pay extra for stuff like bag space, which is ridiculously overpriced as is.

More great ideas, excellent.

I agree that wardrobe as it currently is being a premium thing only is crazy. I think that like some people have said it should be open for everyone.

Seriously though I honestly think whole outfit access ticket to past outfits no longer in rotation is a brilliant idea.

I'll admit if I wasn't already premium I'd have gone premium instantly if that was the case, mainly since due to PC problems I missed out on bunch of outfits at the opening and have always been a bit bitter that I've had no way get a 2nd shot at getting them. Now maybe the rotation will repeat next year I don't know but the fact remains that having some way to possibly get things I missed out on would certainly make Premium a deal maker for me.

I'd certainly renew my Premium if that was the case, right now I'm not really sure I'll do that once mine expires because hardly feel any different or a better then most of the non-premium people I play with.

I mean why bother being premium if the difference between premium and non-premium is so sketchy that its basically not there at all aside from the star by my name and the fancy movement animations? Premium to me is about the perks it should come with not so much the actual possible social status.

A weekly allowance isn't a bad idea either. I sporadically play The Secret World and they hook up their Premium members with special spending points at least every month and that game isn't even Free to Play.

Lets keep this going, people I'm really liking all the ideas that are getting shared here, I think the Devs could benefit greatly if they take notes from whats being said here and put it too use.

I agree with almost all of the things being said here, except one small thing...

On 5/18/2016 at 10:57 PM, Cherish said:

2. Daily Dash to continue when you have completed it....

19 hours ago, Lee Nyan said:

1. continued daily dash
I find it really annoying that daily dash extra spin is only there to finish faster (I've finished current one 22 days before end). I would like it to be continuous so when dash for outfit ends premium members could continue with regular one.

I guess I see Daily Dash in a different way from most other people here, I don't see the extra spin as a way to finish faster. When Daily Dash for Night Luna ended a couple of days early, many people were a few steps away from getting it, because they didn't have Premium. I see the extra spin as a bonus for helping get enough steps needed, or an aid in completing the Daily Dash even if you don't log on every day. So I'm fine with Daily Dash bonuses being as is, since it seems to suit that purpose quite well. I don't think completing the dash is supposed to be a "given," you have to earn it through staying logged for enough days.

This is just a minor nitpick, and I'm sorry to be that person to say I don't think we should get something, but I also think that addressing this kind of thing earlier on makes it easier to focus on the other ideas that make sense to implement.

I dont think its so much of a "paid players deserve more" issue, but "some things should just be free" issue. Like  wardrobe and inventory space. That stuff's just "milking it" for F2P players, like myself.

And I'm not always F2P, but I have never, in my entire history of playing mmo's, seen so many players get their accounts hacked and have onerous charges made to their credit cards. So NC will NEVER, nor any of its affiliates, EVER see any money from me. This lack of security(and judging by the responses, lack of integrity) gives me zero faith in this company as a whole. I will say things have improved, but this should never have happened in the first place.

Things that I disagree with being changed:

1. Reduction of cool down on changing channels, and dragon-pulse - it would be unfair to all non-premium members, many including myself would lose money.

2. Exclusive sales on items in cash-shop. I don't know if you noticed, but you already do have that, on top of premium points. Just have a  glimpse at gold exchange tab, and see for yourself how hard it is for non members to get enough hongmoon coins to pay for the default price, which premiums don't even have to pay for. If you believe the exchange rate is not that bad, please do buy 2000 hongmoon coins through the exchange service on a routine basis.

3. Exclusive access to dungeons: I've seen this practice break games. The events already provide you with a way to access them multiple times, you want infinite access for free to farm all the valuable goody goodies? Treasure trove event - enough said.

You already get massive discounts in dragon express, more than 50-75% on beans.  You have keys to get your class weapon from dungeons, to avoid farming. You can buy dungeon drops (i.e. sirens, pirate emblems, cinder thorn, tears etc) that everyone else has to grind for.

13 hours ago, StrawHat said:

Things that I disagree with being changed:

1. Reduction of cool down on changing channels, and dragon-pulse - it would be unfair to all non-premium members, many including myself would lose money.

2. Exclusive sales on items in cash-shop. I don't know if you noticed, but you already do have that, on top of premium points. Just have a  glimpse at gold exchange tab, and see for yourself how hard it is for non members to get enough hongmoon coins to pay for the default price, which premiums don't even have to pay for. If you believe the exchange rate is not that bad, please do buy 2000 hongmoon coins through the exchange service on a routine basis.

3. Exclusive access to dungeons: I've seen this practice break games. The events already provide you with a way to access them multiple times, you want infinite access for free to farm all the valuable goody goodies? Treasure trove event - enough said.

You already get massive discounts in dragon express, more than 50-75% on beans.  You have keys to get your class weapon from dungeons, to avoid farming. You can buy dungeon drops (i.e. sirens, pirate emblems, cinder thorn, tears etc) that everyone else has to grind for.

So because you choose to play the game as a F2P person you think those of us who do pay should be penalised?  You might want to think about how long the game would be live if some of us didn't pay.  And yes because we pay it is only fair that the company put in an incentive system to make it worthwhile us continuing to spend money on the game. 

As for the comments about no changes to Daily Dash I for one think the company cant promote the free spin as a bonus when those of us PAYING FOR PREMIUM get to use the system for around 10 of the 30+ days the Dash is live.  I could log in every second day and still get the outfit without any effort.  And once again why should those of us who play daily and support the game be penalised because some people cant be bothered logging in ???

I have given this extensive thought since the last thread someone made like this but cant really come up with an addition to make premium more worth it yet because thre is too much in premium that is required to play the game so why isnt the game subscription only?

Here is a few things that should NOT be behind a paywall:

Wardrobe (220 outfits and not that many INV spaces and vault spaces)

Selling X items on the market. Why woudl you make people grind things they don't need all the time and not be able to sell them?  The game really has no hub for people to meet and greet to trade because every safe area is a crafting area or stoy area with peple running all over to NPCs, no mob-free zone for players without NPCs in the way.

Icreased Gold... rally? you mean a few copper or silver right?

Increased XP, this is like candy and so easy to get with how much is dished out the bonus really isnt giving anything  since they give 5*100k XP charms to people in the recent daily dash

increased gold from combat.. no, not even a single silver, all you get from combat is copper. IF it actually gave gold that might be different and make premium worth something.

increased XP from combat. Ok people say this is a PVP game, so why is quests where most of the XP comes form and you have to be prem to gt xombat XP? This is a major flaw, and a reason why people just skip stuff and dont fight anything. This is where the grind should be in getting XP and again like the bonus quest XP it isnt even needed since XP flows like water to any and all character it isnt hard to level at all.

Before they try to add value to premium they need to take the things premium has and give it back to the free to play to be ABLE to play the game

Lets look at the major problem and #1 item listed above that is for prem, wardrobe. This exists because thre isn't enough INV space and it is intended that you can store your clothes, else why would people buy them from the cash shop? If this were free, more people would be more willing to buy cloths from the cash shop cause they dont have to spend money twice on those clothes. That being said, why doesn't premium give move INV space unlocked to begin with? the student bundle that gave 7 days premium only gives 3 dragon pouches that unlocks 2 rows in the secondary vault, but the things you need to get to upgrade all go in the primary vault FailFish

then look at the economy and limited sell slots on the market. That means people cant break up larger groups of things for smaller prices to fix the economy because they dont have enough plaes to sell things and cant sell some things because some silly "cannot sell on marketpalce" flag.

Prem can send mail.. this is a game function it shouldnt require charging NCCoins once to be able to mail to other people, this is another reason trading doesnt work because people cant trade with each other. on top of that to improve premium things shouldnt require spending more money to send an outfit between characters they own. Hell all the cash shop outfits should be fully tradable and sellable on the marketplace for that matter.

Class-based windstride animation. how do i disable this with premium? there are stupid and pointless, jsut more graphics elements that serve no purpose. needs to be an option in settings to disable that animation on yourself and on others as well.

Maybe the best thing to offer fro premium benefits would be higher drop rates on things. Probably wouldnt work in loot auction situations with mixed parties, but those rewards chests could be specific to drop more or better things for premium. Premium are paying to keep the game running, so why should they get more of something useful not extra spins per day on a daily dash you finish with 3 weeks left where you lose 21 of those extra spins per day, or when there is NO daily dash so you dont even get those spins because they dont rollover to the next dash (aka treasure trove event gave NOTHING for premium members).

Really that is the only thing i can think of is increased rewards from boxes and quests, things that are germane to the game, not a flimsy discount on the next money you spend in the cash hop.

More good thoughts being poured into this, good job everyone.

ChanChan you should start your own topic about things that should be for everyone not just Premium, you sound like you've got some reasonable ideas in that area. Sadly this topic is not so much about what everyone should be getting as much as it about what needs to fix and possibly improved in Premium to actually make it a reasonable financial investment.

Further more I'd kindly ask that we all try and stay on topic, this thread is not here for Premium and none premium members to bicker over who deserves what. Its here draw public attention to Premium and highlight issues and ideas people who've paid for it have as well as people who are considering investing in it have. With the hope that maybe just maybe the Devs will take notice and address some of the matters being brought up.

I do not want to see this thread devolve into some mindless flame warzone, it is suppose to be a place of productive critical thinking, inspiration, group brainstorming and idea sharing.

All and all this thread has being doing great and I thank everyone for their ideas and support, lets keep it going.

Archived