Forums

True Pirate changing to True Breeze?

Alzer

I don't know how this could be so confusing...

During the evolution of the weapon, at any point where you could (formerly) choose between siren/pirate vs oathbreaker/breeze, you will now be forced to choose the oathbreaker/breeze path. That's it. Your weapons aren't going to switch around or w/e.

10 hours ago, Enhance said:

Warrior tokens are probably the least worrisome item from the list of what you need to upgrade.

Worrisome? It is mind-numbing pointless killing the same thing for 100 days if you are lucky. 3 warrior tokens for the dailies just to get to Junghado, then skip him, because you MIGHT get 2 more on floors 1~6 making 5 tokens per dailies.

It is the same thing over and over and over, just you having to stare at the stupid monotony alone REpetitive actions are known to cause people stress in the monotony of not having a choice. As someone else said, you are lucky if you get the weapon chest fro Silver Deva, but odds are you are better off buying that weapon, and Warrior weapon, no idea if that comes in a chest or not, but it can be bought also. What comes next, I ahve no clue, this game didn't come with an instruction manual, it always being changed, and doesn't preview furture things you need.

There is not another thing people need that causes then so much grief, and if you watched ANY streamers, they wold complain about soulstones, "but I can buy them ont he market", they would complain about MTS and prices, just got to grind out stupid stuff to get money or borrow it from a friend, but Warrior Tokens is "unable to trade" so you are stuck doing it, and everyone I have seen dreads them

Not to mention it perfectly emulates PVP Arena, and for those that hate PVP (you have to "spec for PVP" in Muhsins", is what everyone says), it just makes you want to hit someone in the face with a cinder block.

7 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

Worrisome? It is mind-numbing pointless killing the same thing for 100 days if you are lucky. 3 warrior tokens for the dailies just to get to Junghado, then skip him, because you MIGHT get 2 more on floors 1~6 making 5 tokens per dailies.

It is the same thing over and over and over, just you having to stare at the stupid monotony alone REpetitive actions are known to cause people stress in the monotony of not having a choice. As someone else said, you are lucky if you get the weapon chest fro Silver Deva, but odds are you are better off buying that weapon, and Warrior weapon, no idea if that comes in a chest or not, but it can be bought also. What comes next, I ahve no clue, this game didn't come with an instruction manual, it always being changed, and doesn't preview furture things you need.

There is not another thing people need that causes then so much grief, and if you watched ANY streamers, they wold complain about soulstones, "but I can buy them ont he market", they would complain about MTS and prices, just got to grind out stupid stuff to get money or borrow it from a friend, but Warrior Tokens is "unable to trade" so you are stuck doing it, and everyone I have seen dreads them

Not to mention it perfectly emulates PVP Arena, and for those that hate PVP (you have to "spec for PVP" in Muhsins", is what everyone says), it just makes you want to hit someone in the face with a cinder block.

Some of the bosses from 4 to 6 can drop a bag for 50 (or 30 i don't remember) warrior tokens and it's not rare. So yes it's least worrisome. 

As

8 hours ago, Shadzar said:

First of all, what the person above said: the bosses drop bags of 30 tokens at a decent rate. I've never considered buying weapons from token trader since I got them from boxes, but even if I have - I hit 1k unused warrior tokens at ~60 total runs, and that's considering I spent at  least 600 on buying soulshields back in level 45 days.

At least Silver Deva weapon, which is on floor 2 and takes 4 minutes in total if you concentrate on just restarting the tower, is easily ground for.

If you drop some gold (10g? one daily quest run worth) on 30 tickets you can skip all the useless stuff on floors 1-4 and grind 5-8 (or 5-7 if you can't beat mushin), which should take about 10-15 minutes per go (7-8 minutes if going until Junghado, even shorter if you hit golden piggy).

8 hours ago, Shadzar said:

This point got me stupefied. Are you serious?

I won't go into "emulates arena" point, but even assuming you're somehow right, people I know that hate PVP arena usually hate it for its essence - playing against fellow players, being afraid to be humiliated or being very shy or whatnot. I know that feeling too and can understand that.

But from what you're saying it sounds like people don't like PVP arena because it takes more than one button to beat and you might have to use your CC properly, or because they're allergic to builds containing anything but pure damage. You're basically saying that people who hate PVP are actually people who hate challenging solo bosses.

I can explain to you why people say you should "spec for pvp" in Mushin (which isn't entirely true nor false).

PVE builds are usually centered around bringing about some single-target damage or cleaning up several mobs, party support or combo, and often sacrifice a lot of defense for more damage (under assumption that you're covered by partymates) or vice versa (under assumption that you'll take all the damage while your partymates deal the damages). CC is often neglected, because a lot of bosses are impervious to it, or you have designated more suitable CCers in party.

Arena PVP builds are usually centered around CC and evasion/defense. It is a one versus one match where you have to deal enough damage to oppnent while dodging his skills, and CCing enemies makes it easier. But in arena matches players' HP is equalized to about 50k, which doesn't require all too much damage, so arena pvp builds tend to be centered almost completely on evasion/escapes/CCs.

Mushin Tower builds are usually centered around beating Junghado and Mushin, since the rest are not considered a threat. Those fights are 1v1 against a boss that has a variety of disables and area attacks which you have to evade or CC them before that, since both of them are vulnerable to CC. If you're specced for PVE without escapes/evades/CCs, you can get killed all too easily. If you're specced for arena PVP you're most likely going to have an easy time running around the boss but at the same time you might have some trouble dealing enough damage to fit into the rage timer. Personally, I don't change from PVE build in mushin's tower, but back when it was a necessity my Mushin tower build was essentially a PVE build with more focus on single target and some additional evasion.

But if you're allergic to skills that give evasion or CC targets because they're ""PVP skills"" then nevermind that I guess.

20 hours ago, QueenSheba said:

It's pretty stupid that they're removing the option to get to siren or pirate. The logic is that siren and pirate require farming of 45 dungeons that nobody runs anymore, but those dungeons need to be farmed for accessory upgrades anyway, and new players should have to go through all the steps and dungeons on their path to end game content. 

In fact, you run the 6-man for accesories, the 24-man now it's basically money for low AP and farm the weapons from 20 emblems.

17 hours ago, Shadzar said:

This just isn't an accurate description of what actually happens in real life.  

I'm currently on my 4th character going through Mushin's, and warrior tokens have always been basically a non-issue.  30-token bags drop at a pretty good clip.  Weapon chests drop pretty often, and it's less than one day's worth of dailies to buy a brilliant moonwater key to make sure you only need to get it once.

I mean, sure, at any given point in time it may be the case that you are waiting on some warrior tokens, but when that happens, it's just not that hard to get them.  The idea that you're only getting a few per day is laughable.  I went from 30 of them to 71 of them (needed 70 with the vipercap event) last night in less than an hour.

Ok people telling me "Mushin's Tower isn't a problem" let me ask you something.. do you LIKE that type of content? Are you looking at it with blinders on that  keep you biased instead of looking at the big picture.

BnS is a game correct? Games are meant to be fun correct? Some people do not find Mushin's Tower fun, do you not understand this?

Since we are in a thread about a weapon path change, you understand that over time all games, especially computer and online games such that BnS is, must be reevaluated in their design. Ergo we have a weapon change paths from one to another. Also that means they should reevaluate other content  near the former weapon path they are removing. This is Mushin's Tower. Not to mention it is bad game design to put something in only 1 place. Or 2 but Naryu Lab is pretty much pointless now since it onyl gives a few outfits for those people that "Gotta Catch 'Em All", which means there is NO other place to get Warrior Tokens. If you don't like either of those 2 places, they you are screwed because they didn't reevaluate the related content to the weapon path that was being removed. Don't forget that it is not only the older weapon path, but ALL accessories that require these things. For those people that do not find the "run the gauntlet" style of "hack and slash" in a game to be fun, this design is a failure because it gives NO other options to do something that is less mind numbing and boring and just a time waster to force grind.

If another route was added to get these items, or soulstones, or moonstones, people would be able to enjoy the game more by not being forced into things they don't like from a game riddled with design flaws, but they like anyway. Not also in the interest of change, where they DID reevaluate some of the content, the costs to make MTS were reduced because it was no longer end game content so didn't need to drag out more. Now Hongmoon 20 and Mushin's floor 20 is coming out which makes this other content nowhere NEAR end-game so it needs to further be reevaluated and its requirements to get past reduced to decent levels, or another place to get these things outside of some "FU-pay me" model by putting these tokens (like siren and pirate emblems) in he cash shop. all that says to your customer is you realize you messed up making the game and adding something people would not find fun, so to fix it you will charge them money! This is just stupid for lack of any better terminology.

YOU like Mushin's, have decent routing from your house to the BnS servers and not getting shafted by Level 3 Communications so your internet connection doesn't have to go through Antarctica to connect to the server, s good for you. But if you and NCSoft start saying screw people that like different things, they will have no customers. They will have no revenue stream, then in turn they will have NO jobs. Doesn't sound like a very smart business model to me, surely isn't going to be a profitable one in the long term either. OpieOP

So while you may like the content, you would say others shouldn't be able to progress with content they like and MUST do the content that you like? Sounds very self serving, why? you can have your content, others can have their content, you both are able to progress....are you just stuck up such that you don't want other people to enjoy things that are different than things you enjoy? DansGame

Is BnS really developed and produced on the elitist and bigoted mindset that a different playstyle is BADWRONGFUN?

12 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Ok people telling me "Mushin's Tower isn't a problem" let me ask you something.. do you LIKE that type of content? Are you looking at it with blinders on that  keep you biased instead of looking at the big picture.

Having to farm dozens or hundreds of specific mats? On its own, it's not a good thing, no. But I use Soulstones and Moonstones as thresholds for how bad it gets in this game and Warrior Tokens are nowhere near as bad as those. It may be a target for complaints regarding the overall grindiness to evolve gears, yes, but it's lower priority than most since you only need them for Pirate path and doesn't take that long to get the required amount, since the daily amounts of them are surprisingly decent and I wish MORE mats would drop in amounts that large too, if they can't just reduce the amounts required some more.

I feel no inclination to waste my time reading the rest of your wall of text, frankly, since I'll stick by what I said anyway.

So well thought out ad thorough post = "Wall of Text".

Sorry, this isnt tweeter with some pointless 140 character limit, but a real forum.. for discussion. No need to use compressed IM speak for everything when you can speak proper English and type full words to express complete thoughts and ideas.

I am sure if NCSoft was hurting for database space, they would have put a character limit on posts, but as they didn't... You might want to stop being lazy cause forums isn't just looking at graphics like your picture book, but a place where adults can exchange ideas and complete thoughts. OpieOP

So I feel no inclination to waste my time bantering with a witless boob who is too lazy to read.

The point is my mind is set on what I said and I'm not really expecting anyone to convince me otherwise, so I'm not gonna bother. Don't take it personally and spare me the lectures, not gonna bother with these either.

17 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Look, this is what you said in your original post: " Worrisome? It is mind-numbing pointless killing the same thing for 100 days if you are lucky. "

No one is claiming that you should find Mushin fun, or that you shouldn't mind it being repetitive.  But your original position is, frankly, ridiculous.  It doesn't take 100 days if you're lucky.  It doesn't take 100 days if you're not lucky.  It doesn't take 30 days if you're not lucky.  You are exaggerating the magnitude of the problem, not just by a lot, but by an enormous amount.

MMOs almost always have some repetitive tasks that some people find boring.  That's inevitable.  It is literally impossible to produce new content quickly enough to allow people to play every day and not have to repeat the same things.  So the real questions is, how much time do you need to spend repeating tasks that you, personally, find unenjoyable?  It's never going to be no time at all.  

If it really did take 100 days, then yes, that would be horrible.  But it's not even close to that bad.  You can get every warrior token you ever need in a single week if you are willing to devote a couple of hours a day-- that's for both the weapon and the accessories.  For the vast majority of MMO players, that is on the very low-end of what they've needed to put up with doing for other materials, both in this game and in other games.

What the guy above said. I only bothered to address your point of getting enough Warrior Tokens being grindy, which, comparatively speaking, it is fairly inaccurate. I wasn't the only one to counter that point of yours, I just offered my experience to strengthen theirs. Junghado isn't too hard to beat past a certain point, so doing floors 1 to 7 everyday isn't hard and will give you plenty of tokens... around 70 last time I bothered to count and it doesn't take more than around... 300, maybe 400 to upgrade everything? There's quite a big deal to be made of the grindiness in general, yes, but I can think on quite a few more things that are way worse than Warrior Tokens.

7 hours ago, Andrewgr said:

You are exaggerating the magnitude of the problem, not just by a lot, but by an enormous amount.

Are you incapable of math? I presented the math for you and everyone else. Are you incapable of word problems then? Let me spread it out for you so you can do math.

500 = T = total warrior tokens needed

3 = Q = Quests from the guy on the second floor for doing Floors 1~5

2 = R = RNG rate of warrior tokens dropped from floors 1~6 (and we all know how crappy the RNG is for drops in this game)

Days = D = Number of days it takes of doing quests on floors ~6 to reach the needed Tokens for upgrading your weapon

D = T/(R+Q)

D = 500 / (2+3)

D = 500/5

D = 100

100 days

Tell me again how this is an exaggeration?

Sure some people may have better RNG but with how poorly this game is designed, the RNG will have this as the base calculation for being able to get done with Mushin's Tower for upgrading your weapon. Forcing ANYONE to have to wait 100 days to get through this 1 area is bad game design.

Bags of tokens are not a guarantee, nor are getting more than 2 tokens from the drops from each floor. I think it was floor 4 and floor 6 that gave a token every time.

You are welcome to go ask your elementary school teacher if you need help with the basic math skills, your middle school teacher if you need help with the algebra, or your high school teacher if you need help with probability distribution and standard deviation in regards to the RNG. But there is the math for you.

Naryu lab might give 5 tokens, and you really only need to run it once now since it is outdated and the Soul item can be made from broken sword pieces in the upgraded form and you can buy them and Honorary Ornaments for crafting from the market. So Naryu lab is only needed for the Achievements (Kill Indy, defeat the chest at the end, etc) now.

so 99 days

You can't count the 20 in the Daily Dash because it doesnt start over, and new players won't have access to THIS Daily Dash board.

IF you want to see more details about how bad Mushin's Tower is and an annoyance otherwise, just look at RNG from it in general, and how people are trying several hundred times for the Hat on floor 7, or the stalker outfit on floor 4.

Luckily you can come back for those things when you can romp stomp a mudhole in Mushin in 10 seconds based on Asia server play with 800 AP, but that doesn't help that you initially, due to the horrid RNG need a base of 99 days to be able to farm Tokens to get your weapon fully upgrade there because they started releasing the game with outmoded content. Newer players might just be lucky and not have as much with the weapon path change (remember that is what the thread we are in is talking about), but it will still be required for accessories needing 200+ Tokens which makes it 20 days worth of the basic dailies. So 120 days give or take for those people that took the pirate weapon path.

THAT is the problem. Again  because Moonwater WAS end game content, but when it no longer was End Game content because Silverfrost came out it should have been tailored if the Siren/Pirate paths were going to be kept instead of being immediately removed like was intended. NA/EU change the pathing but failed to adapt the requirements and expect people to do it in 1 month (see Gem Hammers for Affected Players and related threads). Likewise the game creators failed to tailor ALL of Moonwater to scale properly as no longer being end game content. Thus why they reduced soulstone cost of MTS crafting, yet they failed to reevaluate the rest of Moonwater requirements to scale with it no longer being end game content.

SO they realized the requirements in Moonwater post Silverfrost expansion were a problem, but failed to really do anything about it and forced only 1 place to really get your weapon and in the transition people are going to get screwed forced into monotony of a "PVP dungeon" they might not like because no other avenues are present in this obsolete content.

Notice also if you read around how Moonstones and Soulstones are being added outside of faction based content for people IN SILVERFROST so there is more ways to get them, yet Moonwater is still a forsaken land and its content is just completely flawed since the inclusion of Silverfrost and MUST be reevaluated to scale properly with early game and late game. But hey, the Nebula stone things dont help moving from any Stage 5 to Stage 6, but it MIGHT reduce 100 tokens needed reducing that time while the Siren Path is active to 80 days base. Still too much time required in this ONE place.

Sorry you have not produced any tangible evidence that the design is not flawed in Mushin's Tower in regards to the weapon path of past, present or what will be in the future.

Mushin's Tower as is, is stress inducing monotony that makes the player feel they are unable to progress in the game due to all factors listed. Hell the Zaiwie tournament didn't even give Warrior Tokens as you beat everyone in it including Dochump. Wasn't that a tournament for Warriors? Bloodscale was there, Dochump, Gwon, ....

Let me add the simplest fix for Mushin's Tower monotony right here. For those that do go for outfits and want to do it over and over a few thousands times, or those that like it, they can benefit as well as those that don't want to do it over and over. Warrior Tokens can be traded on the marketplace. That would give people that don't want to have to suffer through it a way to get the tokens, and people that have 2 or 3 stacks of 1k per stack something to do with all the extras. Changing 1 flag on that item would be all it takes to resolve the Mushin's Tower outmoded content to benefit all. Hell maybe even the bots will farm the tokens then to sell on the market and leave the Arena, SSP, etc since I am sure they could easily be able to handle it since it is basically a solo arena dungeon like Dreamtide. Then they would be soloing it as they will be when later floors come already and be out of real living players way in the rest of the game?Wishful thinking I am sure, but at least it would solve a major problem with the outdated content still trying to be end game content.

Eh, it hasn't even been a month and I went through siren - awaken pirate and I still have 170+ tokens left over.  I still have to upgrade my accessories to true siren but by the time I do I'd have more tokens.  It'll only take 100 days if the player makes it take that long, otherwise it'll never take 100 days because RNG is involved plus the option of the player being able to run it more than once.

1 hour ago, Shadzar said:

Are you incapable of math? I presented the math for you and everyone else. Are you incapable of word problems then? Let me spread it out for you so you can do math.

Only a fanatic goes on believing something that they believe should be true in the face of overwhelming empirical evidence that they are wrong.

It does not take 100 days, period.  In the entire history of this game in every country it's been played in, no one has ever needed to spend 100 days.  You're arguing for a theoretical maximum that is so statistically unlikely that you should be more worried about literally dying while playing the game as being the reason you don't get to upgrade.

(Also, you need to get the weapon chest to drop *once*.  There is no reason to rely on RNG when you can just do a couple days of quests and use the gold to buy a Brilliant Moonwater Key.  So even the 500 number is *highly* unlikely.)

No one has had the experience you're saying is such a deal breaker.  No one.  Every person you talk to that has a true pirate weapon will tell you that their experience is not even close to what you are presenting.   Those are the empirical facts.  They are readily verifiable by simply asking a large number of people.  For example, if you are in a clan, ask all your clan members.  

I am not bad at math, but I suspect that you are terrible at statistics, in particular probabilities.  While it is theoretically possible for a coin to come up heads a hundred thousand times in a row, it has never happened and will never happen.  If billions of aliens spent billions of years doing nothing but flipping coins, it would never happen.  If they spent the entire life of the Universe doing it, it would never happen.  Just because probabilistic events are involved, doesn't mean that it's valid to take the theoretical worst-case scenario and use it to reason about the situation. 

7 hours ago, pgrcrazy said:

I am at awakened pirate stage currently and I would like to know if I will be able to purchase the Pirate Weapon from Dragon Express after June 1st?

Most likely, since people on that path will be allowed to stick to it up until True Breeze...

However, if you wanna play safe, which I highly recommend since we can't know for sure how NCsoft will play it out, I suggest you prepare in advance for all scenarios. You may want to get a Nebula Stone as an alternative, but keep in mind there will be a limited time to use it after June 1st. Other than that, essentially, do as many Frozen Vipercap Cavern and Nightshade/Bloodshade Harbor runs you can to get enough Pirate Emblems for the Pirate weapon.

Heck, might as well get all the required breakthrough weapons while you're at it, namely Silver Deva and Warrior weapons, which may drop in Tower. If they don't drop before June 1st, you can trade Warrior Tokens for both weapons. I think that takes 400 tokens total if you include the ones you'll use to evolve to True Pirate.

6 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Most likely, since people on that path will be allowed to stick to it up until True Breeze...

However, if you wanna play safe, which I highly recommend since we can't know for sure how NCsoft will play it out, I suggest you prepare in advance for all scenarios. You may want to get a Nebula Stone as an alternative, but keep in mind there will be a limited time to use it after June 1st. Other than that, essentially, do as many Frozen Vipercap Cavern and Nightshade/Bloodshade Harbor runs you can to get enough Pirate Emblems for the Pirate weapon.

Heck, might as well get all the required breakthrough weapons while you're at it, namely Silver Deva and Warrior weapons, which may drop in Tower. If they don't drop before June 1st, you can trade Warrior Tokens for both weapons. I think that takes 400 tokens total if you include the ones you'll use to evolve to True Pirate.

Thanks.

Guess i'll stick with NSH and efleet run... Vipercap and BSH are close to impossible with my current state of connection stability.  can't get to X-server because im always got 1000 132 10054.

Im already have Silver Deva axe though :3 and most of accessories breakthrough.

7 hours ago, Andrewgr said:

.  While it is theoretically possible for a coin to come up heads a hundred thousand times in a row, it has never happened and will never happen.  If billions of aliens spent billions of years doing nothing but flipping coins, it would never happen.  If they spent the entire life of the Universe doing it, it would never happen.  Just because probabilistic events are involved, doesn't mean that it's valid to take the theoretical worst-case scenario and use it to reason about the situation. 

Not if the coin is rigged! Cough cough illermeneti ncsoft rng checking usernames and ncoin amount cough cough

Did a little counting (based on this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kEB_YfWtBo5b0gn1Q3xGpnV5UZHHZzCnCe9FaqKVUE/htmlview?sle=true#). Assuming you can't get Silver Deva and/or Warrior weapons to drop, you'll need 600 Warrior Tokens total for every gear, since each accessory except soul and bracelet require 50 tokens in their upgrade paths, adding another 200. Assuming you can at least go from Tower F1 to F7 without much difficulty, shouldn't take much more than a week's worth of daily runs through these floors to get the required amounts of tokens... and that's only one of the worse case scenarios. You may get the breakthrough weapons to drop and rely on additional sources of tokens like Naryu Labyrinth, which will reduce the amount of days you'll need to dedicate to farming tokens alone a great deal.

Regardless, my point is that all of the above is a far cry from the 100 day exaggeration I've read before. Required amount of Warrior Tokens and RNG to get them is nowhere near that bad, nor is it as bad as other mats, like Soulstones, Moonstones and, maybe to a slightly lesser extend, Transformation Stones, not to mention Frozen Stingers. Now these are the real big bottlenecks and actually more worthy complaining about since they are a great deal more time-consuming to get their respective required amounts.

Archived