True Pirate changing to True Breeze?

Alzer

Hi. Some guy in faction chat said that when the pirate path will be removed June 1st everyone at True Pirate will be changed to True Breeze basically getting this upgrade for free.

Is this true? Cause i was thinking of using my nebula stone now to go from True Pirate to True Breeze but if we get for free in 2 weeks i dont wanna waste all those materials.

Anyone know anything about this?

Alright. I just thought it made a little sense too since they remove the path from the game it would seem like the True Pirate wouldnt exist anymore and it would go to the closest in the Oathbreaker path.

No it's not true. It just means that on june 1st no one under awakened pirate can go true pirate path ever. True pirate next upgrade will just be True Breeze not for free.

Edit: but at the end of the day they didn't really explain it well, so just wait till after june 1st and see what happens

4 minutes ago, Alzer said:

Hi. Some guy in faction chat said that when the pirate path will be removed June 1st everyone at True Pirate will be changed to True Breeze basically getting this upgrade for free.

Is this true? Cause i was thinking of using my nebula stone now to go from True Pirate to True Breeze but if we get for free in 2 weeks i dont wanna waste all those materials.

As elaborated before, it's not changing into true breeze. The change that is made is that there will no longer be an option to upgrade to Siren or Pirate weapons: True Profane will have one path leading into Oathbreaker, and True Siren will have one path leading into Breeze.

If you're on true pirate, nothing should change for you. 

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

So basically you are screwed because the fungus event doesnt hep get anything useful to get out of pirate you jsut have to get 400 warrior tokens to move on to Silverfrost path....not counting the ones you ened for accessories...

3 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

So basically you are screwed because the fungus event doesnt hep get anything useful to get out of pirate you jsut have to get 400 warrior tokens to move on to Silverfrost path....not counting the ones you ened for accessories...

400? I believe it only needs 100 warrior tokens. 

They're not hard to get anyway, few runs in Mushin (on true pirate and level 50 you should have zero problems) and you have it covered, I got 2k gathering dust in warehouse from just casual daily runs.

Warrior tokens are probably the least worrisome item from the list of what you need to upgrade.

It's pretty stupid that they're removing the option to get to siren or pirate. The logic is that siren and pirate require farming of 45 dungeons that nobody runs anymore, but those dungeons need to be farmed for accessory upgrades anyway, and new players should have to go through all the steps and dungeons on their path to end game content. 

The dumbest thing any game can do is make created content irrelevant. Guild Wars 2 literally erased years worth of content from the game. This title does it by taking away paths and making it so that the mats you need to keep progressing are in an area that you need better gear to be able to farm in the first place. NCSoft just has some strange ideas about what good use of development resources is.

33 minutes ago, Alzer said:

By June 1st, if your weapon is not at True Pirate (not sure about Awaken Pirate), you are forced (or will be automatically) convert to Oathbreaker path. If you are already at True Pirate by May 30 (prior to the June 1st date maintenance), you are good to go. Nothing will change.

Basically, instead of allowing user to pick either Siren or Oathbreaker path after True Profane, NC removes the Siren path. Currently, both Siren and Oathbreaker path eventually become Breeze (split at True Profane and merge at Breeze). After June 1st, it would be just True Profane --> Oathbreaker

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

400? I believe it only needs 100 warrior tokens. 

They're not hard to get anyway, few runs in Mushin (on true pirate and level 50 you should have zero problems) and you have it covered, I got 2k gathering dust in warehouse from just casual daily runs.

Warrior tokens are probably the least worrisome item from the list of what you need to upgrade.

It is 500, I am doing it now. Assuming you never get the weapon from Silver Deva or Junghado then it is 500(100 Deva weapon, 200 Warrior and 200 Fury). It's even more if the accessories never drop for you.

1 minute ago, KlausFlouride said:

It is 500, I am doing it now. Assuming you never get the weapon from Silver Deva or Junghado then it is 500(100 Deva weapon, 200 Warrior and 200 Fury). It's even more if the accessories never drop for you.

I believe the fury weapon is 270

I don't have BnS up right for the exact amount. Essentially you have about 1k Warrior tokens to get if you have bad luck with RNG. Nobody mentioned all the faction insignias you need, which nobody does anymore. I have been trying to get the necklace for a week now on Soha, Everybody moved on to Yachun and SSP so not many go to Misty Woods, except to watch bots farm BW.

42 minutes ago, Risaddex said:

true siren >> awk oathbreaker

Awk pirate >> true oathbreaker

True pirate >> Awk breeze

I think thats all

Nope, you can only upgrade Awakened Pirate to True Pirate.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • Awakened Siren > True Siren
  • True Siren > Awakened Oathbreaker
  • Awakened Pirate > True Pirate
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

(...if I didn't get anything wrong.)

@Hime/@Rukkirii: A few people have been saying that people with Awakened Pirate will have to go to Awakened Breeze after June 1 maintenance, but Hime's sticky on weapon progression path says otherwise: it's Awakened Pirate -> True Pirate -> True Breeze. There's no Awakened Breeze in between, unless some recent livestream said otherwise. Similar deal with Awakened Siren.

It's from True Profane/Siren/Pirate that you will be forced to go to new weapon path, not in any of the Awakened (Siren/Pirate) paths. Is that last sentence still correct, NCstaff?

Nvm.

Just checked the source in website and they edited the announcment.

they had put then true sire ll became oathbreaker and true pirate would became awk breeze, so they would delete preview weapon paths.

That i meant... Sorry for misunderstand

17 minutes ago, KhaosThanathan said:

Nope, you can only upgrade Awakened Pirate to True Pirate.

• True Profane > Oathbreaker
  • Awakened Siren > True Siren
  • True Siren > Awakened Oathbreaker
  • Awakened Pirate > True Pirate
  • True Pirate > True Breeze

(...if I didn't get anything wrong.)

Yes, you got it wrong :)

Already stated, that there wont be any Pirate path after June-01.

how the hell Awakened Pirate > True Pirate still exist.? Think about it please.

5 minutes ago, aSin said:

Already stated, that there wont be any Pirate path after June-01.

how the hell Awakened Pirate > True Pirate still exist.? Think about it please.

Because it's what makes most sense and is what old sticky states. If it's changing, @Hime/@Rukkirii should come in here make that clear.

Really, it's YOU who should think about it. Look, right from the news page on the path changes:

To clarify, True Profane will now only be able to progress to Oathbreaker and True Siren will only be able to progress to True Oathbreaker.  The path from True Pirate will remain unchanged and can only progress to True Breeze.

It says NOTHING about Awakened Siren/Pirate paths, which must mean they'll stay as they are.

It does make sense. Think about it: if you have a choice now, once the patch hits, you will only be able to go the Oathbreaker route. If you don't have a choice, then it won't change. You do not have any choice at Awakened Pirate to go to the Oathbreaker path, so you will continue to True Pirate.

The last choice point before True Breeze on the Siren/Pirate path is after True Siren, so after the patch, True Siren will only go to True Oathbreaker. Awakened Pirate will continue until True Pirate and then True Breeze. 

They won't just delete the Siren/Pirate path and anyone still on it, it will continue and break off into the Oathbreaker path as soon as it can.

Just now, Zeffyr said:

It does make sense. Think about it: if you have a choice now, once the patch hits, you will only be able to go the Oathbreaker route. If you don't have a choice, then it won't change. You do not have any choice at Awakened Pirate to go to the Oathbreaker path, so you will continue to True Pirate.

The last choice point before True Breeze on the Siren/Pirate path is after True Siren, so after the patch, True Siren will only go to True Oathbreaker. Awakened Pirate will continue until True Pirate and then True Breeze. 

They won't just delete the Siren/Pirate path and anyone still on it, it will continue and break off into the Oathbreaker path as soon as it can.

" On June 1 the final tiers of Moonwater Plains—the Siren and Pirate weapon paths—will be retired, and any weapons on those paths will be diverted to the Silverfrost Mountains path at the next applicable evolution. "

So, they will delete them.

1 hour ago, Risaddex said:

true siren >> awk oathbreaker

Awk pirate >> true oathbreaker

True pirate >> Awk breeze

I think thats all

It will probably be like this. Tho. we need further clarification.

2 minutes ago, GodofWrath said:

" On June 1 the final tiers of Moonwater Plains—the Siren and Pirate weapon paths—will be retired, and any weapons on those paths will be diverted to the Silverfrost Mountains path at the next applicable evolution. "

Take note of the 'applicable evolution'. Awakened Siren/Pirate are NOT applicable according to the weapon progression guide sticky. Only True Profane/Siren. Those last two that will have their bifurcations removed.

But yes, some clarification from staff would be nice. Here's waiting for one, @Hime/@Rukkirii.

44 minutes ago, GodofWrath said:
48 minutes ago, Zeffyr said:

So, they will delete them.

That says basically the exact same thing I said. Delete them meaning, you can't pick that path anymore and you only have the option to go to Oathbreaker.

Awakened Pirate will most likely not go to Oathbreaker, because that isn't an applicable evolution. It never was. There has never been a choice at that point to go onto Oathbreaker. 

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

As elaborated before, it's not changing into true breeze. The change that is made is that there will no longer be an option to upgrade to Siren or Pirate weapons: True Profane will have one path leading into Oathbreaker, and True Siren will have one path leading into Breeze.

That already happened. You can't go to any of them if you start an alt now, so the 1st June must be something else.

4 minutes ago, Mucski said:

That already happened. You can't go to any of them if you start an alt now, so the 1st June must be something else.

Nothing has changed yet o.O I have an alt sitting at True Profane and he still has a choice to go to Siren.

Archived