Time to put a dropout timer

Melodia

There needs be a dropout penalty timer for the following types of people:

• Lazy people who join an instance just to get a free ride to a warehouse, then of course immediately leave
  • Noobs expecting to be carried and immediately leave party because the other 5 party members aren't all HM10 with 600AP
  • Elitists expecting a 5min run and immediately leave party because the other 5 party members aren't all HM10 with 600AP (why are you using instance queue then? Form your own damn LFG)

It's unfair to us regular players to constantly put up with this bullshit. On average I have to queue at least 5 times for something like Labyrinth and Harbout because of people constantly dropping out before we even enter the portal. I imagine it's only much much worse for the higher end stuff like Den and Storage.

A 5-min instance queue lockout would serve the purpose to deter these jerks from abusing instance queue, AND won't be too harsh. In the 5-min you can't queue it encourages them to just form a LFG party instead.

Of course this lockout shouldn't apply to fungus caves event.

I often queue in f8 for dailly challange quests with friend but never had an issues there.Yestarday 3 members left the group in BSH because after nearly 5 minutes waiting them to kill every possible mobs before the second boss me and my friend decided just to kill it...

Spiral Lab usually people see us(as with my friend we do the daillies togather) and they just get free ride in the dungeon.

Afters monts you do expect people to know how not to pull every damn mob in the old dungeons but it seems thats not the case atleast in Europe...

The problem is not people leaving AFTER some progress in the dungeon. It's the dicks leaving BEFORE they even enter the dungeon because someone in the party is not 500+ and they're too dumb to create a private room.

How do you think new players feel if they queue for a dungeon, then REPEATEDLY, every single person leaves party for no apparent reason? Let's face it, the people in this game aren't exactly socially competent enough to say "sorry was looking for a quick run, gonna find another party" because there's NO CONSEQUENCE leaving 100 parties in a row.

On 17.5.2016 at 2:59 AM, Melodia said:

There needs be a dropout penalty timer for the following types of people:

• Lazy people who join an instance just to get a free ride to a warehouse, then of course immediately leave
  • Noobs expecting to be carried and immediately leave party because the other 5 party members aren't all HM10 with 600AP
  • Elitists expecting a 5min run and immediately leave party because the other 5 party members aren't all HM10 with 600AP (why are you using instance queue then? Form your own damn LFG)

It's unfair to us regular players to constantly put up with this bullshit. On average I have to queue at least 5 times for something like Labyrinth and Harbout because of people constantly dropping out before we even enter the portal. I imagine it's only much much worse for the higher end stuff like Den and Storage.

A 5-min instance queue lockout would serve the purpose to deter these jerks from abusing instance queue, AND won't be too harsh. In the 5-min you can't queue it encourages them to just form a LFG party instead.

Of course this lockout shouldn't apply to fungus caves event.

This ^

Just a usually day if i try to do 4 man Necro with random party (just for info i have 530ap 50%+ crit 191% crit damage):

- I que and got paired to another guy with legi weap and 650ap+ he stop inviting and quit.

- I que and got paired to 3 other ppl with 560 - 650ap i think "nice this should be a fast run" but nope after loading everyone just quit, starting with the 650 one ofc(he was not the same guy i met before btw).

- I que and got paired to 2 other guys with ~515 ap, after me a guy with 580ap and scorpion weapon joined. After loading the 580 ap guy quit. 

- still in the party with 2 ~515ap guys we try to invite a new 4th player and keep finding ppl with 580ap+, everone from this quit. The last one who quit was btw the 650 ap+ legi weapon player i met first(this guy was just wasting ~15 min+ to find a perfect party what makes me laughing hart). At the end we finally found a guy with 510ap who stay and did the dungeon without problems.

But for fairness they should implement other tools for inviting too(for example just let ppl join who have ove xxxAP etc.) because it would be rly annoying to get a 5 min penalty because i quit for example a yeti party where a 250ap troll join.   

I queued for Necropolis when I was Lv 49 ( I had 420AP) and pretty much everyone who joined the party left saying I can't do the dungeon. xD 

And then when I'm playing on my main char I see HM 5s with 380AP joining and no one seems to leave. Wat is dis game. 

Good idea but bad at the same time. If you crash or d/c and can't get in back in a certain time period then it would force you to get this. If they don't give it to you for being offline then you would have people going offline to get kicked so they don't get the dropout buff. 

Take the party I was in with yeti a few nights ago for example: 4/6 where 500+ ap. One should not have been in this dungeon in the first place (lvl 50 H.M. 3 with 350 ap). The other was my friend with 450 i think it is ap. The 500+ ap were myself (summoner), a BD, a sin and an FM. THe BD kept going "I will tank". He could not keep aggro at all. He lost it at 2% hp to me and then raged about it. He also kept picking the boss up and not letting it do its animation so all of us kept getting frozen. He refused to stop doing so because "Its my way of getting aggro". We hit enrage timer due to him. Each time we got frozen the person with aggro would almost always die (After using the hearts). The sin kept qqing because he was getting aggro (he had 600+ ap and the rest of us were in low 500s). He claimed I was the one failing us because "the summoner has to tank". The FM was never getting aggro even though he had more ap than me (Even when the sin was dead). This party tried the boss twice. The second time the Sin rage quit when the BD wouldn't stop picking up the boss. After we failed again everyone left the party. In this case if this was here I would have gotten drop out just for basically being kicked form a party due to everyone leaving. 

Another example would be cold storage. If your party can't do 2nd boss (As in do not have the orbs) it would probably give a drop out buff. 

Yet another example: A Necro party I was in the other day. We just did f8 for the party got people went in started the mobs near first boss. Found out 3/6 of the party members were afkers. We ended up leaving the party because we did not want to do a dungeon with half the party afk (please note we even killed the first boss the three of us and the three people still hadn't moved from the start). In this case I do not belive a drop out buff/timmer would be good since its not our fault the other guys were afk.

i hate the people who enter to awaken necro and in the cores part they say "going to the badroom" and they go to the entrace of the final boss and stay there afk until we complete all the cores is so *cricket*ing anoing 

On 21/05/2016 at 0:15 AM, Melodia said:

The problem is not people leaving AFTER some progress in the dungeon. It's the dicks leaving BEFORE they even enter the dungeon because someone in the party is not 500+ and they're too dumb to create a private room.

Hm, nope, the ones leaving AFTER some progress in trhe dungeon still are worse, at least with most 'multi-part' purple dungeons. At least with the ones leaving you before you got a better chance of getting party members that will stick since they won't have to miss out on dailies that require you to beat the first boss, like BSC and BSH, or are too long, like Labyrinth. You're not likely to be as lucky to have people sticking around if you've already made some progress, except in some specific dungeons like Avalanche Den, which usually aren't 'multi-part'.

Archived