A few new player questions

Are there some tips to share regarding offering items to evolve your items?

For example items have 1-20, 1-36, 20-45 etc.

Should you feed lower lvl items as long as possible to evolve for low cost as possible?

Sometimes different quality items give the same amount of progress for evolving.

Therefore I have gotten a tad confused about how the evolve rules exactly work.
How do they work?  What ways are the best to do for evolve?

All weapons count as the same evolve material. Fedding a bangle to a bangle gives as much as fedding a sword to a bangle.

Correct?

I have gotten the impression that rings, earrings, necks are all counted as the same regarding evolve material.

Correct?

Is it best to try and hold on to the upgrade stones for accessorie and weapons as long as possible for the higher lvls?

Is there a need to hold onto all your costume items?

Like an achievement or so?

Or can I drop some easily reobtainable costumes for bankspace?

Should you feed lower lvl items as long as possible to evolve for low cost as possible?
==
Not necessarily. Always check the expected upgrading progress (shown as a bright (guaranteed) + shaded (luck dependent) bar) and compare against the upgading fee. Often, higher quality items (purple > blue > green) offer better progress to cost ratios. This rule of thumb stops with higher level purples which need soulstones to feed, making them cost ineffective. One very good feeding source are purple items from Tomb of exiles, as they are lvl 36 they do not need soulstones but can feed up to lvl 45 items at low cost.

How do they work?  What ways are the best to do for evolve?
===
complicated. If an item is lower level than the item it is fed to, the upgrading yield is diminished. Do as I recommend above individually for each item type to get a feel which works. Infernal stuff is good, lvl 45is blues and after that better go safe and salvage all to make elements / jewels. Element / Jewel transmutation has a chance to produce Elder Dragon items which are tradeable and sell very well on marketplace.

All weapons count as the same evolve material. Fedding a bangle to a bangle gives as much as fedding a sword to a bangle.
Correct?
I have gotten the impression that rings, earrings, necks are all counted as the same regarding evolve material.
Correct?
===
Correct, all weapons share one upgrading pool, all accessories share one.

Is it best to try and hold on to the upgrade stones for accessorie and weapons as long as possible for the higher lvls?
===
Yes. Start using them around lvl 45ish.

Is there a need to hold onto all your costume items?
===
None, if you do not like it. Only premium member wardrobe makes it easy to collect anything without discrimination. Costumes form the hongmoon store can be salvaged for fabrics, though. Also some event costumes.

Like an achievement or so?
===
Do not know of one. If you want you can double check under "U", "Collection" tab

Archived