What happens after 1 June?

Abaxial

As I understand it, the idea of the Viper Fungus event is to ease the upgrade path so that people don't have to grind old dungeons when they could be moving on to new content. So what happens after 1 June when the event ends? Is it intended that new players and those levelling up after that date have to go back to grinding old content as before? I don't see the point. If nebula stones are a good thing, they should be a permanent feature of the game. And preferably disconnected from the stupid and unfun Viper Fungus cave. It all looks just to be a badly thought-out bid to sell dungeon reset tokens.

They made a announcement on this

Weapon Upgrade Paths

Currently, we have two paths players can take while upgrading their weapons, which we describe as Moonwater Plains and Silverfrost Mountains—named after the areas you collect the materials for your weapons. On June 1 the final tiers of Moonwater Plains—the Siren and Pirate weapon paths—will be retired, and any weapons on those paths will be diverted to the Silverfrost Mountains path at the next applicable evolution.

Its on this site under News...for more info on it

Well the "old" content they are referring to would be the Moonwater dungeons/area. So instead of grinding in the Moonwater Plains you can go straight to Silverfrost without any "wall block" from the Moonwater area. This only applies to weapons though as you will still need the Moonwater dungeons for the accessories. 

lol at 39 I got up to hujikar on TW. Waited an hour killing ads for bots to come help me kill the field boss. Got to lvl 40 and bam. Weapon box and a key from survey. And I was like 'you cheeky bastards'. lol but relieve because I hadn't got my bracers yet. 

I do hope NA/EU goes that way with surveys not for sheer laziness but old content is dead and no one wants to help players grind a boss and take 10 mins of their time. I do it if I'm on and someone asks but I feel like not many people do. It's sad though. It's 10 minutes of your time to put the social aspect back into an mmo that's really lacking it. 

Im not even salty about people who I've run Blackram narrows with over 30 times in 2 days that stopped talking to me after they got what they wants but were friendly until they did. 

Helping out other players should be at the heart of any mmo or people should just go play single player games with a me, me, me mentality.

Unfortunately, you will still need to grind the old content for your accessory upgrades.  I suspect most people will need to run Blackram Supply Chain and Nightshade Harbor just as many times as before.

Yup, the fungus event only serves to really help those already at the current end game content. and only for weapons. It doesn't help with anything else because in all their "data" they claim to be tracking and watching, they have failed to notice how people are stuck with everything else. Oh, and it only helps with weapons moving form Stage 10 to Stage 1, if you are trying to go from Stage 5 to Stage 6 on a weapon, it doesn't do a thing for you the whole event is useless.

11 hours ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

lol at 39 I got up to hujikar on TW. Waited an hour killing ads for bots to come help me kill the field boss. Got to lvl 40 and bam. Weapon box and a key from survey. And I was like 'you cheeky bastards'. lol but relieve because I hadn't got my bracers yet. 

I do hope NA/EU goes that way with surveys not for sheer laziness but old content is dead and no one wants to help players grind a boss and take 10 mins of their time. I do it if I'm on and someone asks but I feel like not many people do. It's sad though. It's 10 minutes of your time to put the social aspect back into an mmo that's really lacking it. 

Im not even salty about people who I've run Blackram narrows with over 30 times in 2 days that stopped talking to me after they got what they wants but were friendly until they did. 

Helping out other players should be at the heart of any mmo or people should just go play single player games with a me, me, me mentality.

sounds very similar to my story :3 but my roadblock was at profane jiangshi... where finally i appreciated bot help X3

The 2nd of June.

15 hours ago, Abaxial said:

If nebula stones are a good thing, they should be a permanent feature of the game.

I believe I've seen Babbletron tweet that they're going to be added as rewards to various events and whatnot.

16 hours ago, Abaxial said:

As I understand it, the idea of the Viper Fungus event is to ease the upgrade path so that people don't have to grind old dungeons when they could be moving on to new content. So what happens after 1 June when the event ends? Is it intended that new players and those levelling up after that date have to go back to grinding old content as before? I don't see the point. If nebula stones are a good thing, they should be a permanent feature of the game. And preferably disconnected from the stupid and unfun Viper Fungus cave. It all looks just to be a badly thought-out bid to sell dungeon reset tokens.

My guess is;

15% of the current population will quit,
Only 2% of the rest will advance in new dungeons,
The rest will keep farming Frozen Stingers & Moonstones until the end of time.

It's still broken design. Either nebula stones are a good idea or a bad idea. If good, they should stay in the game as a permanent feature. If not, then leave them out altogether.

As to the viper cap instance, it's like some crappy arcade game.

Archived