My experience with different class and hopefully helps new players

So I been playing all of the class in BnS up to level 42 (some higher but the lowest level is a lvl 42). So I though I give some of my experience to new players in picking the class for them. Note I might be bias since my highest level is a level 50FM so might be more use to the playstyle of it but overall I will try to be non bias.

I will less from the easiest overall class base on leveling, running dungeons and how easy to play that class and surviability

1. Force master (FM) I think FM is the easiest to play overall. You do good to excellent dps. The rotation is pretty easy to learn. Most of your attacks are instant cast meaning you are very mobile. You are also a range class so most of the mobs should not get to you. If they do you also have skills to freeze them in place or if you spec your right mouse clock to snare/freeze them leveling will be 10x easier. In terms of end game dungeons you are very much needed because if your life saving skills. DV can protect the whole party in your bubble from range attacks, ice stealth which can save your party from wipes and is needed in yeti and then you have ice armor which warps you in ice and prevent you from taking damage (if you spec into it, you have get hp back if enemies hit you.).  The only issue I have when leveling is around lvl 33 to 34 when mobs tend to rush are you and they do a lot of damage. However you do you have SS and other defensive skills. Is also easy to kite mobs and boss by using your SS, W and E + freezeing them in place.  Did I mention you also do great dps? When playing my FM I feel there are no limits as to what I can't do and felt pretty good. Now the downside is that this class is pretty boring. The reason being is as a range class you really don't feel you could die and since your rotation is pretty easy usually you just spam the same thing again and again. Unless something bad happens then you might have to save your group. Also being a good dps you tend to pull aggro and end up tanking the boss.

2. Blade Master currently lvl 47 (almost 48). I feel Blade master is pretty easy to play but hard to master. Leveling is pretty easy you have good dps, block is pretty useful and AoE isn't goo bad but you do have CD's so you have to wait. Overall not too bad. In dungeons you are expected to tank and this is where the problem comes in. This game isn't very melee friendly. Also tanking is not the easiest in this game. so you have to pay attention to a lot of things. Also some class such as FM tend to hit hard and pull aggro from you. Another issue I have is high level joining dungeons and they usually kill everything before you even get to it so you really get much practice in tanking. That's one of the main issue I have is when I get to higher level I can't really tank due to the fact that I didn't have much practice. Also as a tank you are expected to know the fight and the boss pretty well so you can dodge from attacks. But once you get use to it Blade master are pretty fun to play with.

3.Summoner. My summoner is lvl 47. Leveling is super easy. Sent pet attack taunt and great dps and you are also range. You do have some skills to prevent damage but not as good as FM skills. Also you can heal yourself and your pet. If you spec inot Bloom and Doom you can either heal your party or give them focus as long as they are range which is helpful. In dungeons you are pretty useful and people generally don't mind having you in. However since you have a cat you have to know how to manage them. They do take a lot of damage so you have to make sure when to pull your cat out form danger or keep it alive. If your cat dies your dps drop a lot. If needed your cat can tank but is not recommended since it can't really do much expect taunt. Overall they are fun and easy class but gets boring again due to how little work you need to put into the rotation.

4. Destroyer lvl 45. I feel destroyer is the type of character that does big damage with little defense kinda of like either I kill you or you kill me. They have great CC good AoE attack and they do have a lot of hp. But for long battles they tend to lose their dps. You have to know how to do amaination cancel otherwise your dps will suffer. When leveling I just round up all the mobs WW and cyclone them. I never felt I was in danger or dying You are expected to tank so that puts a little pressure off you as a melee. You are expected to CC boss so some knowledge of the boss is requre. Some people might not like this class because your attack seems slower compare to tohers unless you know amination cancel so you need low ping to do that. Also there are lot's of destroyer bots out there so some people might think you are one as well. Overall really fun class to play and learn.

5. Warlock. Lvl 47. I feel warlock is very flashly. All of their skills looks awesome. Being range and you have good group buff (soulburn) pretty much you are a support dps. When level from lvl 30 and onwards I feel my damage is nowhere near other class. I know I have good burst damage but is like every 20seconds. Outside of that I feel I am underponwer when compare to other class. I feel this warlocks I have limited due to lack of defensive skills. Sure we get a black but that's about it. Block isn't really useful and most of our core skills needs us to be standing still. So while casting if I notice I am able to get hit I either eat it or move and have to wait for CD and that really not good for dps. Our pet also isn't as good as summoner's cat. but I guess is ok.  As long as you like flashly move and aren't too worry about your dps you should be fine. However, you will have your limits when leveling so keep that in mind

6. KFM. I feel KFM is a really fun class to play currently lvl 47. It takes a lot of practice and lot's of dying. Maybe I am use to FM where I mostly use RMB LFM while KFM is more about using your action keys (F Q,E,SS, 2) SO it takes a lot of getting use to. Also as a KFM you reply of counters, dodge Q and E to use your better, stronger abilities. So learning exactly when to use them is hard.  The learning curve for KFM is really high. There is no set rotation, is all depends on what the enemies do and then you do the rotation base on that. So you need to learn your combos by heart and have a good reaction so knowledge about your class is a must. You are expected to tank as well and sometimes is not easy giving the learning curve and the knowing what to do next. Not to mention now you also are expected to buff your group. But once you get over the the curve it is a really fun class to play. I am still learning to this day. If you like a challenge then go ahead just preapare to die a lot and get stress for it. 

7. Blade dancer. Lvl 46. Is fun! They look cute and does decent damage. I honestly don't see why there are so much hate for them. Overall you mostly have the same moves as a Blade master with a few different skills and you also have a few moves form FM so you can do a bit of both IE holding the boss in place while you walk about letting everyone hit it (pretty cool). You don't really have group buffs and your damage isn't the greatest but in terms of leveling is ok. Easy enough and general people mistake you as a blade master in dungeons so you have to let them know. You are not expected to tank. I feel Blade dancer is a easier version of Blade master.  Is werid coz in groups no one really expects me to do much for some reason. Your moves are flashy but DO NOT! DO NOT launch enemies or boss into the air in dungeons. Is the worse thing you can do. I rank it lower then KFM even though is easier to learn is because I feel I die more often than KFM maybe not as many life saving skills? But if you like cute characters, easy to play and like melee I would pick the blade dancer

8. Sins lvl 46. I hate my sin with a passion for some reason. Early leveling isn't easy due to do the fact you need to time your attacks and stealth right. Is fine at higher levels but in early lvls is tough. Basically before lvl 30 you are like a melee. with not much deffensive skills. Once you get to higher levels have stealth is really fun but still is not a class I think new players should try. Not to say about it. You give buff to the party but you also need to have good ping and one wrong step in dungeons you can die.

Im playing destroyer.. currently at 50HM6. Got handicapped by high ping, low FPS and skill delays.

I'm only recently learn how to ani cancel by assigning attack button to keyboard. Unfortunately i can't really move during the process and have to rely on block or that self heal feature my gem and cleave provide.  For some bosses that move fast, i need to change my build from cleave to eradicate. Can't ani cancel but can contribute to team. at least.

Anyway what HM skills i should unlock ? hmm im thinking of Gale force and that grand cleave. But.. i wonder if you have other to suggest.

9 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Anyway what HM skills i should unlock ? hmm im thinking of Gale force and that grand cleave. But.. i wonder if you have other to suggest.

Emberstomp. It gives extra defense and status resistances, which is made even more awesome by combining it with Hurricane.

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 2:41 PM, spongemike said:

5. Warlock. Lvl 47. I feel warlock is very flashly. All of their skills looks awesome. Being range and you have good group buff (soulburn) pretty much you are a support dps. When level from lvl 30 and onwards I feel my damage is nowhere near other class. I know I have good burst damage but is like every 20seconds. Outside of that I feel I am underponwer when compare to other class. I feel this warlocks I have limited due to lack of defensive skills. Sure we get a black but that's about it. Block isn't really useful and most of our core skills needs us to be standing still. So while casting if I notice I am able to get hit I either eat it or move and have to wait for CD and that really not good for dps. Our pet also isn't as good as summoner's cat. but I guess is ok.  As long as you like flashly move and aren't too worry about your dps you should be fine. However, you will have your limits when leveling so keep that in mind

Have you tried Dragon Helix instead of the dragon call? Also, have you invested skill points into C, Z and X? Those  changes made a huge difference for me. While I still think I should have played FM, Dragon Helix WL feels like a poor man's FM with a Thrall in tow that looks a bit better than a guy waving a ribbon....

1 minute ago, DomiSotto said:

Have you tried Dragon Helix instead of the dragon call? Also, have you invested skill points into C, Z and X? Those  changes made a huge difference for me. While I still think I should have played FM, Dragon Helix WL feels like a poor man's FM with a Thrall in tow that looks a bit better than a guy waving a ribbon....

I tried is not bad maybe I am nto max level yet? But when compare FM to warlock I feel my FM even at the same level can take mobs down a lot faster. Also on my FM i never feel I might get kill or in danger. Maybe coz of the dps and all the skills I have to save my ass. With WL I feel I have limits as to what I can do and pulling mobs I tend to be more careful. WL is fun just that the dps is not as high as other class.

I don't argue that, and I should have played FM. I picked WL purely because of the racial choices were not to my liking on the FM. I am sure that when I end up playing FM it will be very enjoyable. I like the Summoner more than WL as well.

Archived