FM's are at a bit of a disadvantage

Ujarac

alright most people mite not agree with me just cause everyone says FM's are OP, but I'll be foreal right now their kinda of at a disadvantage right now against classes like BM, KFM and Destroyers cause of all their constant blocking and parrying and the new HM skills they got. with that I have to say FM's choices of HM skills kinda suck compared to the rest until the other ones are released like HM frost palm frost and frost fury. basically I'm just saying the FM's really need those skills soon cause its not easy for them against those classes at the moment and makes it alot more difficult then it should. 

Side note: pls don't start  cursing me out and telling me I'm stupid for saying this. just give your opinions in a nice way pls.

In a nice way ?

I think you either need a lot of practice and understand what other classes do instead of panic- pressing skill. You need to think like your opponent, (What am I going to do against this FM? What is his attack pattern?)

I mean if you can't win against KFM and Destroyer, PvP might not be for you. BM might be consider your countered class, but come on, KFM and you complain ?

Disadvantage against Destroyer ? You have no disadvantage against them... you just need to attack after they started spinning. Sure FMs have counters, but those aren't Des / KFM.

I think you just need more practice. Watch PvP videos, streams etc. In my case it helped a lot.

As a KFM, I will admit that I have an easy time against most FM. That being said, I have encountered many FMs who absolutely destroy me. Key points:

- Don't machinegun. Most important part. It gives me free Q/E, Triple Kick, Agility, and Counter procs. 

- Watch your chill stacks. While chilled, I can't dash. But if you stack one too many chills, it roots me BUT REMOVES CHILL. In other words, if I can still target you, I can just dash to you and break the root as well. 

- Be aware that if I Q/E in your Veil, the veil hits me and I get a Triple Kick proc.

- Use your iframes more! I see few FM's use Q/E, at least correctly. Use it after retreats.

- If i backstep, 99% of the time I will follow it up with a Tiger Pounce (dash knockdown, available even when chilled). Be prepared to either Q/E or iframe it.

- If the KFM spams counter (elbow smash does not apply here), just wait and snowball him. Then you can machinegun.

- If they spec elbow smash: STOP HITTING INTO IT! The counterattack from Elbow Smash likely does way more damage than your attack would've done. Be patient. ES is a 0.7s counter on a 1.3s cooldown, meaning if they spam it, they are vulnerable 50% of the time. Not to mention that it also costs 1 focus.

19 minutes ago, FourOhm said:

As a KFM, I will admit that I have an easy time against most FM. That being said, I have encountered many FMs who absolutely destroy me. Key points:

- Don't machinegun. Most important part. It gives me free Q/E, Triple Kick, Agility, and Counter procs. 

- Watch your chill stacks. While chilled, I can't dash. But if you stack one too many chills, it roots me BUT REMOVES CHILL. In other words, if I can still target you, I can just dash to you and break the root as well. 

- Be aware that if I Q/E in your Veil, the veil hits me and I get a Triple Kick proc.

- Use your iframes more! I see few FM's use Q/E, at least correctly. Use it after retreats.

- If i backstep, 99% of the time I will follow it up with a Tiger Pounce (dash knockdown, available even when chilled). Be prepared to either Q/E or iframe it.

- If the KFM spams counter (elbow smash does not apply here), just wait and snowball him. Then you can machinegun.

- If they spec elbow smash: STOP HITTING INTO IT! The counterattack from Elbow Smash likely does way more damage than your attack would've done. Be patient. ES is a 0.7s counter on a 1.3s cooldown, meaning if they spam it, they are vulnerable 50% of the time. Not to mention that it also costs 1 focus.

For the chill stack I don't agree.

He has to watch them but when the stack turn into frozen he have to stun with impact.

Thx for the veil as a FM player I didn't know the tip ^^

Yes, impact for stun is important, but i'm watching my chill stacks extremely closely too - as soon as it hits 3, i'm dashing. Unless you can hit impact perfectly after im frozen, it won't land before i dash and thus before i remove frozen.

It's impossible for a FM to win against anyone except KFM/Destroyer on equal skill level. Fact.

I afk whenever I'm paired up with any of the classes except KFM/Destroyer. Zero point in fighting.

Most annoying classes are summoner (obviously) and assassin. Assassin = cloak 99% of the fight then hit you with a poison dart and watch your HP slowly drain while they run around the stage like a *cricket*ing coward.

On 5/23/2016 at 5:31 PM, FourOhm said:

"Be aware that if I Q/E in your Veil, the veil hits me and I get a Triple Kick proc." 

this right here, is a bug. it shouldnt be happening (jaesung actually said it).

and i as fm myself (hanging around 1850 in 1v1) , can say that i dont rly have problem vs kfm.. i have more with assassins.  its just a coward playstyle that bothers me so much... 

anyway, yeah.. just wait few months and we get Multiple Blaze (which is my character name xD ) and its extremely good skill if u can freeze them and snowball them.  basicly u can sometimes even one shot with that skill only. 

one of the tricks i use against a kfm, i use ground veil and then i just try to do constant ice fury. more than likely he will keep up counter, but it reflects back to you as a projectile and heals you while in veil. i managed to keep one rooted or slowed enough for his only option was to spam counter and heal me more and it's something that is good to know. also, while performing this since they're spamming block a lot. snowball is perfect because they're expecting a barrage. One of the biggest tips of going after a KFM is to manage your escapes. don't blow your tab or SS or frost armor super early because that can cost you the match. i don't know the names of each skills but i know them when i see them. if the're glowing blue, try to steer clear of them because they will be hitting much harder. freeze yourself wait for it to go away. sometimes there will be KFMs that spec into the grab and heal, speccing into anti-grab tab is good for this because they get a decent heal out of you and unless you know how to use anti gravity. If they have a combo going on, try to let them hit you for a while, but if they do tremor i think (when they stomp the earth), get the fk out of there lol, that usually means they are going for the kill. 

I recently acquired Hongmoon Impact (Skill on #1 Tier 5 Stage 1) And it works beyond amazingly especially vs KFMs, BMs still give me hell simply because even tho our skills are "instant cast" the travel time depending on the distance is extremely slow compared to BMs and BDs approach,daze and stun skills which are SHORT and SUPER fast , so fast that its very hard , almost impossible to counter or react to as a FM imho.

On 23/05/2016 at 0:31 PM, FourOhm said:

U're basically right, except about Divine Veil, it's not supposed to be like that. Reading patch notes for tomorrow's update, it should be fixed and u no longer can counter it.

On 27/05/2016 at 10:25 PM, Melodia said:

It's impossible for a FM to win against anyone except KFM/Destroyer on equal skill level. Fact.

I afk whenever I'm paired up with any of the classes except KFM/Destroyer. Zero point in fighting.

Most annoying classes are summoner (obviously) and assassin. Assassin = cloak 99% of the fight then hit you with a poison dart and watch your HP slowly drain while they run around the stage like a *cricket*ing coward.

Actually the easiest class to me are summoners. Destroyers are also easy, and KFM, there has many good players around that can be a challenge...

The hardest class to me are BMs.

About Assassins...Well, they aren't hard at all when u can use Dragonchar Stage 1 Tier 4(Tier 5 if u have unlocked it already), it do a good dmg and also reveals assassins(same to summoners).

Again, dunno why u're having a hard time agaisn't others classes, specially summoners...

FM player <-

We get an up for Divine Veil for this patch but the nerf of frost fury doesnt make sense.

So you hit the opponent 3 times but you stack chill only once.....there is not logical explanation.

Archived