This is not a multiplayer game

GLoRToR

Nobody ever groups.

A great majority of the story quests do not even allow you to have your teammate with you.

The only multiplayer function of this game is zerging world bosses and rude jerks on faction chat condescending on you if you don't know every miniscule nonsense about the game and dare to ask for help.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we're not sitting around a tree, right?

Seriously, though, you're not wrong. The overall vibe is "two for me, none for you" and the whole thing is set up to make players either direct enemies through faction stuff or indirect competitors poaching each others' quest mobs and clickies. Nevermind bidding against one another for loot. Random people do group for dailies on occasion, but it's very rare in my experience.

Why is it like this? F2P games invite dipshittery by their very nature and the strongly present PvP element attracts psychopaths. The decent people still around are frustrated and disappointed in what could've been a great game. Thus, an unusually toxic mix is created.

2 minutes ago, TaruV said:

F2P games invite dipshittery by their very nature and the strongly present PvP element attracts psychopaths. The decent people still around are frustrated and disappointed in what could've been a great game. Thus, an unusually toxic mix is created.

lol.

34 minutes ago, TaruV said:

Seriously, though, you're not wrong. The overall vibe is "two for me, none for you" and the whole thing is set up to make players either direct enemies through faction stuff or indirect competitors poaching each others' quest mobs and clickies. Nevermind bidding against one another for loot. Random people do group for dailies on occasion, but it's very rare in my experience.

Why is it like this? F2P games invite dipshittery by their very nature and the strongly present PvP element attracts psychopaths. The decent people still around are frustrated and disappointed in what could've been a great game. Thus, an unusually toxic mix is created.

+1 

And general Western Culture

So what exactly do you expect from multiplayer? Should nothing be possible alone? I don't get it. You can everything except high dungeons solo but you can do it in a group, too. You Need to kill 100 Mobs? In group it's faster. You want to kill big mobs, take a group and it's possible. What is the problem with the multiplayer in that game? Because most people run ssp alone? There is no tank, dps, heal class system in that game that's why you don't need a group for everything. But that doesn't make it bad or anything. If you want to play with others, search for a clan and play with them but don't complain about others who don't want to group with you.

4 hours ago, TaruV said:

Gave a Thumb Up on you,  the way you describe it is exactly as it is.  it either game set up that way cause people to become sick, or sick people come to the game made this way. LOL 

Is this really a problem? It is a game that is multiplayer, but sometimes, finding a party to do things outside of Cross-Server Dungeon lobby isn't easy at times. You can try as hard as possible, but sometimes it doesn't work. If you can't do one thing, you do the other. That's about it. This isn't a big as a problem you are making it out to be.

9 hours ago, TaruV said:

You couldn't have said it any better, like, this is the best comment I've ever seen on these forums.

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

It's a huge problem. The second M of MMO is not present in this game far too often. If things keeps going the way they are the first M won't be a reality much longer either.

I have to agree with this guy there really isn't a reason to do multiplayer in this game, and the mindless killing of mobs stabs my attention span.

9 hours ago, Zedonia said:

So what exactly do you expect from multiplayer? Should nothing be possible alone? I don't get it. You can everything except high dungeons solo but you can do it in a group, too. You Need to kill 100 Mobs? In group it's faster. You want to kill big mobs, take a group and it's possible. What is the problem with the multiplayer in that game? Because most people run ssp alone? There is no tank, dps, heal class system in that game that's why you don't need a group for everything. But that doesn't make it bad or anything. If you want to play with others, search for a clan and play with them but don't complain about others who don't want to group with you.

The problem isn't that "nothing can be done alone" but so much can't. You can't Solo Poh in E Fleet because too many people. The majority of stuff o get you to be able to do things alone takes other people that are just there for themselves, they only party because a the time nobody CAN do it alone, then you have rushers during daily challenge that ruin party that is trying to work together by soloing the dungeon, burning people with firewalls, getting so far ahead in multi-stage dungeons that the other people cant even get to the final boss for the drop or loot auction.

the "multiplayer" aspect of BnS as an MMO is just a clusterCRICKET of people being somewhere at the same time and has no real party mechanic outside of joining 5 other people to solo together.

5 hours ago, Shadzar said:

The problem isn't that "nothing can be done alone" but so much can't. You can't Solo Poh in E Fleet because too many people.

The pain is real for this one. Especially when 24-man Poh and MM turns daily..it's a real Charlie Foxtrot.. I wish those OP ppl can be a bit nicer and not just lay down everything.  So others can still got "registered" for a kill.

and let's not mention GayLee...

22 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

Nobody ever groups.

A great majority of the story quests do not even allow you to have your teammate with you.

The only multiplayer function of this game is zerging world bosses and rude jerks on faction chat condescending on you if you don't know every miniscule nonsense about the game and dare to ask for help.

Thats strange cause the 25+ people on in my guild doing multiple runs in different dungeons would dis agree

On 2016-05-15 at 9:58 AM, GLoRToR said:

Nobody ever groups.

u

Would break the immersion of the story quest since you are the only survivor of the hongmoon art. you are suppost to do it alone to grow with the character as the main quest continue. but that is only for the main quest.

you got lot of stuff to group up with to do stuff. when it comes to pvp you got tag matches. for wpvp you got ssp, misty wood camp and 6v6 battleground, and for pve you got 6man and 4man dungeons, ssp mob grind, dailies and world bosses. there are alot of stuff you can group up with people to do them but that is if you wanna group up with people to do them. 

i dont mind helping other people with information about what they could do if they ask in a nice way. only time i would act as an ass if the other person is an ass. you treat people the way they treat you. 

1 hour ago, TeGeek said:

Would break the immersion of the story quest since you are the only survivor of the hongmoon art. you are suppost to do it alone to grow with the character as the main quest continue. but that is only for the main quest.

you got lot of stuff to group up with to do stuff. when it comes to pvp you got tag matches. for wpvp you got ssp, misty wood camp and 6v6 battleground, and for pve you got 6man and 4man dungeons, ssp mob grind, dailies and world bosses. there are alot of stuff you can group up with people to do them but that is if you wanna group up with people to do them. 

i dont mind helping other people with information about what they could do if they ask in a nice way. only time i would act as an ass if the other person is an ass. you treat people the way they treat you. 

I'm pretty much trying to figure out how to get to 50. The story cut off three quarters to it, most dailies I can't find people for and I have no idea which ones are worth doing solo. The dungeon ones barely give xp compared to how much I still need.

4 minutes ago, GLoRToR said:

I'm pretty much trying to figure out how to get to 50. The story cut off three quarters to it, most dailies I can't find people for and I have no idea which ones are worth doing solo. The dungeon ones barely give xp compared to how much I still need.

Well, that was the purpose of the 24M dungeons. However, try running everything solo from Primal Forest Monastery, Herbalist Lounge and Northreach, and see how it goes. On my server Frostreach Basin is hard to get a party for, so you will need to network to get people in a similar situation as you are to get it done for XP. Some level 50 would not be opposed, as it does give a good chunk of XP for HM levels.

GL

14 minutes ago, GLoRToR said:

With next update we get act4. So itt will be possible to get lvl50 with quests.

21 hours ago, Zedonia said:

I should be able to always have someone on my team.  When running a team that's leveling together, that then has to break off (dont have to break team, true) to run a mission messes with the teaming aspect.  :p

i dont knoiw...

i go misty woods , find random player and join partyy or apply. we group.

i see plenty opf players spamming in zaiwei for heroic dungeons. they party.

etc.

if u want me to hold your hand through..dunno.. pve enviroinment for fun, i have other ways to spend my time in game. and i dont care about roleplaying.

Basically, it really isn't.

Even wayyyy from the beginning you should have noticed that classes were not designed to actually work as a team (there's combo attacks but well, that's all there is), diverting from the classic MMORPG design where there's a healer, a tank, support classes, etc. You can make it so you perform someway like that through setting up your skills but Blade & Soul really is all about "git gud or die trying".

2 hours ago, TeGeek said:

well ..talking about immersion... i feel kind of bit inconvenient that in Misty we are facing either Onmyung-Gunma or Myo-Taeyong... for their insignias. They are the same very people who saved us (MC) I wish they got replaced by someone else X3

Archived