What to upgrade? - FPS problems

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Video Card #2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (the one I use)
RAM: 8.0 GB
Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit

So, those are my specs. What I want is to be able to play B&S without problems. As decent as possible. I saw people streaming with 120FPS. I don't ask for that much, but I'd like to play smooth with 60 fps const..

I just got to level 43 and I have huge FPS problems. I get stuck for some miliseconds after killing mobs, and stuff like that. But I don't think the problem's my GPU, but my CPU. Yes, I know FPS's about GPU, but still. I changed my settings everything to 1, everything unchecked and everything IS THE SAME. The FPS is the same, doesn't matter the settings.

- In open World I have 36-54 FPS (most of the time cca. 40)

- In dungeons I have 40+ FPS, but in boss fights it is unplayable having const. cca. 20 FPS

- In ARENA (and here is the wierd part) I have no problem. Always 58-60 FPS. Everything's amazingly smooth

Again, the fps is always the same, doesn't matter the settings.

I got in-love with this game, so much that I consider investing money on my pc to get the best experience possible.

I want to say something tho, I used to play WoW at max. settings for like 4 years and I had no FPS problems (don't remember FPS I had, but I had no issue with it).

The game is basically super CPU heavy and ontop of that only uses 2 cores. If you can overclock your cpu or get a cheap G3258 and overclock that you may see some improvement.

Generally when changing options shows no improvement your cpu is the bottleneck.

That said I have my cpu overclocked to 5.2ghz and I still can't maintain 60fps all the time. Problem with using a 14 year old game engine.

I have similar specs to your computer and I run the game fairly fine at 60 fps, with occasional hiccups and of course, large fps drops in massive group events.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz
Video Card: 2gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost
RAM: 8.0 GB
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, 64-bit

So as mentioned above, it might be your cpu. Also hiding all players with "Ctrl F" will make group fights much more playable.

On 21.05.2016 at 1:37 PM, Shemie said:

Upgrade mbo and cpu. Im using Gigabyte G1 z97 and i5 4690k @ 4.5ghz. Max fps everywhere except crowded areas, down to 40-50 fps during ssp and harvest/baylee

Why should I upgrade the Motherboard? It is a pretty good one, from the user reviews from the internet.

15 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Why should I upgrade the Motherboard? It is a pretty good one, from the user reviews from the internet.

Coz the socket is different.

You need to change the mobo along with the CPU if you want to upgrade CPU.

14 hours ago, Brainy said:

I would upgrade to an overclockable CPU, get a good cooler and crank it up. Video card matters only to a point (fairly low point), after that performance just gets wasted.

I have Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I heard that it's one of the best ones out there.

But I have no idea what CPU should I buy... which one fits with the other components of mine and so on...

I'd love some suggestions.

Here's my spec:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
8.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit
Hercules Gamesurround Muse XL Pocket LT3 Sound Card
Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Motherboard

Archived