Grind complaints...whuh??

H2H

9 minutes ago, Nattia said:

that's like never going out or no sleeping. you can't be serious, playing a game 8hrs a day... that sounds like literally zero life outside it.

They have a spreadsheet with that time-estimate. They are dead-serious. There are reasons Korea legislated Internet curfew on the teenagers in 2011.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

They have a spreadsheet with that time-estimate. They are dead-serious. There are reasons Korea legislated Internet curfew on the teenagers in 2011.

addictions are addictions, gotta be careful and stay healthy...

I know. In a way I am glad I cannot get ahead in BnS, because it is addictive. I keep thinking I should just cut lose and go play Mass Effect, but I can't drop the damnable thing because of this event or that event... so silly!  Heh, if they don't announce the new story-line by the 1st, I should be in the clear and can finally have a few month enjoying a game where things are handed out to you, and storyline moves with every step, the dialogue is top-notch, the voicing is great and the whole world revolves around Domi Shepard. :)  Seriously, why I am still in BnS, gods only know. Mushroom event... go figure...

Honestly, it beats me why MMOs appeal to me at all. Some kind of an atavistic desire to prove something?

@ DomiSotto. 

Ah cool. I'm at 426 now on my lyn sum so i will give it another go and check out those quests u mentioned so i can at least get those solo.  The others i hope to drag my guildies to do but that doesn't happen on a daily basis.

And yeaa i only have 3, 4 hours at most to play

On 5/15/2016 at 9:55 AM, Piper said:

Sure.

Running from one side of a field to the other to kill the same mobs that recycle over and over and over again for mats is a grind. Add the RNG troll of keys (because everything needs a *cricket*ing key) and you may be able to make a teeny bit of progress acquiring components and you may not. Isn't that fun? No. It's a grind. By definition.

I ran 3 man Yeti over 100 times. Then I ran Necro. Over and over and over again for stingers to upgrade. Hundreds of runs doing the same thing hundreds of times. Over. And over. And over. That or the cash grab "events" is the only way to get the ridiculous amount of mats required to upgrade.  I didn't buy TT and I didn't buy boxes. And even after running the same things over and over again (i.e. GRINDING) I fell behind. So yeah, this game is either swipe hard or do the same, boring, repetitive, mundane tasks over and over and over again. <---- grind definition

And no, I don't care about other games and how you use to have to walk uphill in the snow both ways. OMG this other game was sooooo much more grindy. Who gives a shit? We can all wrap our brains around the fact that getting beaten once a day is better than getting beaten twice a day. Stop trying to excuse the tedium that is this game simply because people are stupid enough to support even more tedious games. I'm not playing those other games. I'm not going to play those other games. I'm not even playing this one anymore because it's a boring, BORING grind and nothing more. 

K. Bye.

Sent from my iphone.

On 5/15/2016 at 4:08 PM, Etherius said:

and now - U LIE as hell.

to do dailies u need 450+-ap, some luck (vs enemy players or terrors), good pc, 2 hours of your time and don`t be a melee class.

and yes - you would die in laggfest and fps drop even on very very good PC :)

if u melee - you would suffer 3 times more. And yes - quarry worries 95% can`t be completed cause it`s bugged as hell

Sorry to tell u bruh- its no lie: the faction dailies there are 36 ss, pull the commander at the opposing camp and defeat him = another 20 ss, meteorites and fallen soldiers are 5 ss each, if you get the quest item for intel to drop thats another 15 ss. Plus if u do enough damage you cant turn prestige in for ss pouches. 100= 5-7 ss, 300 = 20-30 ss, 500 = i dunno(my rank wont let me carry that much). meh. But I make over 100 ss per day in ssp easy..well, its hard actually - and you GOOTTA HUSTLE!! but its do-able.

On 5/15/2016 at 2:08 PM, Drakor said:

The reason people are complaining about the grind is because they are casual players with a life who only play a few hours a night and can see it taking a week to grind out the gold and mats too evolve just 1 piece of gear which they know that time will increase with each evolve. They feel like they will never see any of the new content for many many months and then when they get their AP high enough so they can enter the 1st of the epic instances that a patch has given a new patch comes of and they feel so left out.

Yes every game has it's grind but even so you are given the time to grind before new content is released but not in B&S, we are getting years of content in just a few months. It's great for those with no lives or who can spend a pile of real cash and progress fast but for those who only play a few hours a day it's no fun when all you do in those couple of hours is grind and nothing else.

Thank you. I understand now. And you are completely correct. They DO release things entirely too fast to allow for casuals to gear up for it in time.

On 5/15/2016 at 2:48 PM, Dusean17 said:

You obviously don't know what the word Grind...means. We didn't say gearing, we said grinding as in leveling. Vindictus is easier when it comes to grinding harder when it comes to gearing. Vindictus is one of the games where you may need to replay a dungeon based quest once or twice to level however doing all the subquests keeps it from being a back and forth thing.

Grinding can be applied to EXP and leveling OR gearing. I think it pretty obvious what I'm talking about considering you can make level 45-50 in a few days. Gear...? not quite as easy. STILL, tons easier than Vindi. Next patch there needs to be the death of brynn and ferghus. But at least in Vindi, patches and new content are so few and far between that there's plenty of time to get ready for them.

The big problem with the grind in this game is that it leads you nowhere. If what people say is true, that with 500+AP and good crit/crit damage, it IS possible to complete all content, consider the trip from there to say, 650AP. That's hundreds of gold, soulstones and stingers maybe hitting a thousand and even more mats on top of that. That's a lot of time and a lot of grinding the same things over and over. There is no real jump to new or advanced content to be made and at the end of it all with your 650 AP you are faced with exactly the same content to grind for the next jump which also leads nowhere. Grinding in an MMO usually leads to a new tier of difficulty and new content but in BNS it just doesn't. Where does the advancement in character power lead to, what does it unlock? Easier, faster completion is not much to aim for really.

3 hours ago, H2H said:

Grinding can be applied to EXP and leveling OR gearing. I think it pretty obvious what I'm talking about considering you can make level 45-50 in a few days. Gear...? not quite as easy. STILL, tons easier than Vindi. Next patch there needs to be the death of brynn and ferghus. But at least in Vindi, patches and new content are so few and far between that there's plenty of time to get ready for them.

What you can grind is much more spread out in Vindi, though. And honestly, if the RNG for destruction weren't so harsh there then most could deal with the grind a lot better. Still, I have fun there, I have none here.

Archived