Grind complaints...whuh??

H2H

14 hours ago, Sithaer said:

I've also played Vindi for 5+ years and the grind in BNS is nothing compared to Vindi.

Vindi has multiple RNG layers on everything,nothing is given.

Lets say I want to enchant my weapon with an end game scroll.

First I need to drop it 'very low %' or buy it from someone,then use Elixirs which give random + % till you have 90+.then at MAX you have 40% success and if you don't use a protection rune 'RL money item' you can straight out fail it and destroy your entire item with it.

At least in BNS you can't fail,at least not in our version,might be a slow progress but its a given and not rng like in Vindi.

I have a somewhat end game geared char in Vindi and that took me years to build it,this is why I don't really complain about stuff here cause at least this is given unlike Vindi progress. 'end game as in I can solo the latest Raid boss in the game'

You obviously don't know what the word Grind...means. We didn't say gearing, we said grinding as in leveling. Vindictus is easier when it comes to grinding harder when it comes to gearing. Vindictus is one of the games where you may need to replay a dungeon based quest once or twice to level however doing all the subquests keeps it from being a back and forth thing.

Blade and Soul have you killing a bunch of useless random mobs that have no place in the game's structure for no reason. Then killing the mobs is such a pain with KFM compared to ranged classes like force master. Vindictus has a boss for almost every mission 95% of their missions which keeps it interesting, Blade and Soul's mindless wildlife slaughter is barely compelling or rewarding at that since mob xp is pretty much useless.

So I'd say even though Vindictus is a semi-broken game its better than the mindless progression this game sorely lacks in maintaining.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that I don't see anyone mentioning EXP grinding,the OP meant Grinding as in ppls generally complaining on this forum about grinding required to progress with gearing.

Even as a total casual in this game I'm Hm 7 'non premium' thanks to the double exp event and I kinda doubt that we wont have more in the future.

So when I grumble about it being Grindy for me, I mean it, lol. Example bc Stingers what are stingers! sooo not even there yet  = /

Soulstones: you need 600 to get from True Profane to True Pirate stage1

70- Storm Siren

40- Blightstone

110- Siren

110- Dark Pirate

40- Silver Diva

230- Pirate

my Grind: per day

2- from Exile

3- Beach

15- Misty

0- ssp (too low of ap)

---------

Pvp Arena Quests

200 beans- 3 round Q

100 beans- win Q

100 beans- participation Q

at silver you get abt 80 for win 10 for loss @ 3 rounds lets say another 100 beans (bc ya I dont win them all)

at 2000 beans + cert you get 25ss but takes 5days (with a day of rest bc i despise pvp)

so I can collect, without paying for them, 125ss in 5 days, I play 3 to 4 hours a weeknight.

It takes me almost 5 weeks to get 600ss....that doesn’t include the siren emblems and pirate emblems and rng rounds in dungeons to get the break through and evo weapons, nor the Nyru Silver, perfumes or purple balls thingies that idk what they are called...it also does not include the ring, necklace, earring, belt, bracelet or the soul

just saying

did you never do soulstone plains? the dailies allone give you like 60 SS, if you get good amount of prestige and maybe rescue some soldier or collect meteorites you can get up to 100 SS doing soul stone plains in just one hour.

18 hours ago, H2H said:

I keep seeing posts about how the grind is TOO MUCH.

Can someone explain this for me? I mean, yeah, there is grinding required. But does anyone remember an MMO that DIDN'T have grinding required?

The last I played was Vindictus. And maybe its just me, but the grinding required there was insane. BNS grinding is nothing by comparison.

EVE online :D only TIME required :)

playing in FF-14 in last 2 months.. almost not grind :D only gathering profs need stupid grind)

11 minutes ago, Arohk said:

did you never do soulstone plains? the dailies allone give you like 60 SS, if you get good amount of prestige and maybe rescue some soldier or collect meteorites you can get up to 100 SS doing soul stone plains in just one hour.

and now - U LIE as hell.

to do dailies u need 450+-ap, some luck (vs enemy players or terrors), good pc, 2 hours of your time and don`t be a melee class.

and yes - you would die in laggfest and fps drop even on very very good PC :)

if u melee - you would suffer 3 times more. And yes - quarry worries 95% can`t be completed cause it`s bugged as hell

I ran Charles Expedition like 1000 times to get over half a billion gold in Vindictus then did Garden Guardian 340 times for a quarter billion gold. That was insane, brain numbing, repetitive grinding.

The expedition would be 12 minutes each.. and the ore runs were around 8 minutes long. That would be 245 hours of doing the exact same thing over and over.

14 minutes ago, Etherius said:

and now - U LIE as hell.

to do dailies u need 450+-ap, some luck (vs enemy players or terrors), good pc, 2 hours of your time and don`t be a melee class.

and yes - you would die in laggfest and fps drop even on very very good PC :)

if u melee - you would suffer 3 times more. And yes - quarry worries 95% can`t be completed cause it`s bugged as hell

what exactly do you mean with bugged? the Bosses come to the mining drill, you kill them and you get the quest items.

I already put in my post

0- ssp (too low of ap)

I did try three times though and after 45 mins and nodda (aka not getting enough hits in to get a chest and dying alot), I had to move on to my tired n true methods

1 hour ago, Arohk said:

what exactly do you mean with bugged? the Bosses come to the mining drill, you kill them and you get the quest items.

then u kill 2driller defenders captns , like Konta/Sujin/whatever, u need to kill last one "blah_blah" defensive captn iirc (5,8kk and always jumping) - so... before latest patch he drop the chest only for 1 players. who land a 1st hit. Dunno NCsoft fix dat bug or not, cause for me - SSP-useless crap and shitty game-design location, where melee class have no place. So just grind in 4ppl 50lvl heroic=>sell FS=> more money.

20 hours ago, DevilTDriver said:

I played Vindictus too and Vindy is not insane there, but around the same as BNS. The gear hike past profane is very steep, especially if you don't arena. Only reason I got past 500 AP is arena.

It took 3 years to see one manuscript drop in VIndictus, the games very rigged when it comes to drop chances.

2 minutes ago, Erovianni said:

It took 3 years to see one manuscript drop in VIndictus, the games very rigged when it comes to drop chances.

That's only if you wanted to get the best of the best stuff. I like how Vindictus supplied a medium strength tier of gear that was easy to get but slightly weaker than the best. Back before I quit they released the nighthawk gear for level 70. It was about as strong as the gear you would get from the rare materials from the dragons, but the items are farmable solo or with small groups.

If BnS would do something similar, then new players or alts would be a thing. Right now, if I lost my main, it's game over.

5 minutes ago, DevilTDriver said:

That's only if you wanted to get the best of the best stuff. I like how Vindictus supplied a medium strength tier of gear that was easy to get but slightly weaker than the best. Back before I quit they released the nighthawk gear for level 70. It was about as strong as the gear you would get from the rare materials from the dragons, but the items are farmable solo or with small groups.

If BnS would do something similar, then new players or alts would be a thing. Right now, if I lost my main, it's game over.

Unfortunate part was you get shunned like a leper for not having at least a +10 weapon with either DIvine Punishment Bloodlust or at a 17k minimum threshhold for the raids at the time i was playing.

Just now, Erovianni said:

Unfortunate part was you get shunned like a leper for not having at least a +10 weapon with either DIvine Punishment Bloodlust or at a 17k minimum threshhold for the raids at the time i was playing.

+10 with rank 9 enchants is average gear. You'd probably would have to buy enhancement runes, but other than that, it's not that hard to get. My friend made 3 alts ranging from 18k-20k attack power without playing it seriously.

What really irks me is that certain classes get attack power so much easily than others. A cestus would have 18k attack power where the same person would have 15k if they were swords.

1 hour ago, DevilTDriver said:

+10 with rank 9 enchants is average gear. You'd probably would have to buy enhancement runes, but other than that, it's not that hard to get. My friend made 3 alts ranging from 18k-20k attack power without playing it seriously.

What really irks me is that certain classes get attack power so much easily than others. A cestus would have 18k attack power where the same person would have 15k if they were swords.

My issue is the rng can really screw you over if you don't pay for runes.

2 minutes ago, Erovianni said:

My issue is the rng can really screw you over if you don't pay for runes.

Well there were a few events that gave enhancement runes and even an enchantment rune. and it's what a 50/50 shot from +8 to +10 and 40% to +12. It's pretty lenient compared to a few other games I've played. Yeah, but those runes are super necessary. They need to make money somehow to keep the game going though :|

On 5/15/2016 at 11:16 PM, Arkragon said:

From my playthrough of BnS, so far the grindiness is tolerable. I'm almost at True Breeze, which probably doesn't mean much, but it's not a painful grind. I'm not sure about Awakened Scorpio or True Scorpio, but hopefully the grind isn't brutal and the timelines match with content releases. HOPING.

Stingers. Im at true breeze goin to scorp. I need 290. It wudnt be bad if I wasnt lazy tho. 

17 hours ago, Arohk said:

16 hours ago, LilMsQT said:

I did try three times though and after 45 mins and nodda (aka not getting enough hits in to get a chest and dying alot), I had to move on to my tired n true methods

Had exactly the same experience, but kept trying. At 416 AP started getting the 19 PP for the first boss kill and with a few non-conscripts kills = 25 pp that trades for 5 ss quest of picking flowers. Plus killing 8 sentinels = 6 SS. That's additional 11 ss. If your faction climbs the tree and kills the boss on top of the tent, that's another 15 ss, I was able to get the drop there right away at 416 AP. Also, if you do not rush to the drill that everyone is defending, but stay on another one and hit the boogie when only the first of the geared people started on it, you might get a drop at low AP.

Mamosu stew that drops generously from the Mushrooms event and Daily Spins, promoted my AP to 435 (I got to 420 with the HM levels) and I now got drops on the Captains, sometimes on the Horrors and even managed one on the last boss.

So, SSP is really fruitless for a while, but trying it is a good idea, at least to get those 25pp & maybe you get lucky if there is not many people.

My Friend's Record on an google sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yBCNaoBF4gDBEu2OS3e5CxZrhCpGha9McrLS6Gdnjpc/edit#gid=229694888

this is how we grind daily.

from GMT+8.

I'm from Singapore, yea with 250~300ping and my clan is full of that. and we're still grinders.

8pm ~ 4am ( thats how much we took to grind usually )

i don't know if you have that much time to do everything but we included most of the stuff to do like SSP, Mushin, all the blue and purple dgs.

I am not a very pro player, I love grinding thats all.

Tc68NFF.jpg

I paid for 60 Days Premium Membership, and pays everything in gold when i start grinding, earning, trading in market place.

Don't forget, i'm playing with 250 ping and above.

19 minutes ago, Velrofica said:

8pm ~ 4am ( thats how much we took to grind usually )

8 hrs of grind daily, that's a full workday.  Singapore may not have the climate or wilderness to enjoy the outdoors, but it is still pretty scary. You guys have quite a gaming culture.

18 hours ago, Hire De Lune said:

I ran Charles Expedition like 1000 times to get over half a billion gold in Vindictus then did Garden Guardian 340 times for a quarter billion gold. That was insane, brain numbing, repetitive grinding.

The expedition would be 12 minutes each.. and the ore runs were around 8 minutes long. That would be 245 hours of doing the exact same thing over and over.

That is some serious grind right there. I can't even imagine doing that. I'm glad you had a plan but I would have quit long before that. There are much easier and faster ways to make that much gold in Vindi.

Comparing grinding in different games is like comparing being castrated with a groin attack: one may sound not as bad as the other but neither are good things.

Grinding is bad, period, regardless of how much more tolerable one may be than the other. I tolerate grinding in BnS just fine and yet despite that I still won't excuse its mere existence. It's that simple.

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

8 hrs of grind daily, that's a full workday.  Singapore may not have the climate or wilderness to enjoy the outdoors, but it is still pretty scary. You guys have quite a gaming culture.

that's like never going out or no sleeping. you can't be serious, playing a game 8hrs a day... that sounds like literally zero life outside it.

Archived