FIX SUMMONER CLASS PLS!

JCole

Every little patch seems to sneak in a summoner nerf, our pet refuse to tank when command and when he/she finally do it I still get aggro on the first hit and a whole lot of other skills seems to not be working correctly.

first of all....summoners arent nerfed and never got nerfed. Other classes just got the boost they needed with the extra skill points and HM skills which we will get too.

Now as for the cat: Cat taunt specifically does not work against certain bosses: example Mushin (1-3), Naksun, etc... so its not broken, its just intended that way. Dont say a class is broken if you dont know how to play it.

Actually now with the boost in skill points, you cant faceroll a summoner anymore because you need to play with brains, if you cant handle that and chose the class because it was easy to play in the beginning, well...now you get a issue and either learn from experienced players and guides or roll something else.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

first of all....summoners arent nerfed and never got nerfed. Other classes just got the boost they needed with the extra skill points and HM skills which we will get too.

Now as for the cat: Cat taunt specifically does not work against certain bosses: example Mushin (1-3), Naksun, etc... so its not broken, its just intended that way. Dont say a class is broken if you dont know how to play it.

Actually now with the boost in skill points, you cant faceroll a summoner anymore because you need to play with brains, if you cant handle that and chose the class because it was easy to play in the beginning, well...now you get a issue and either learn from experienced players and guides or roll something else.

Cat taunt works against Mushin 2 and Mushin 3, and it works against Naksun.

• 4 weeks later...

Uh, cat's taunt works just fine against every boss in this game, unless he has a special targeting mechanic, like Be Ido with his drills. Mushin 1-3, Naksun, Junghado... they are all be affected by cat taunt, but it would be more efficiently if you can fight them without cat's taunt, abusing chain CC instead.

If a boss tends to teleport or jump out of the taunt range, of course he will not be affected by the taunt anymore.

The taunt of the cat come in pulse, and if you get your aggro higher than the cat in between pulses, then boss will turn to you. But this is rarely happen.

And for the patch, let wait until it is finalized. It's still on test server, and subject to change.

Edit: Ops, look like we necro a one-month topic :P

On 5/14/2016 at 7:35 PM, JCole said:

Every little patch seems to sneak in a summoner nerf, our pet refuse to tank when command and when he/she finally do it I still get aggro on the first hit and a whole lot of other skills seems to not be working correctly.

My cat tanks just fine if not hit with server lag. And seeing how things are in 1 v 1 arena, I'd say SM are not weaker than other classes.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two reasons for this cat taunt not working stuff.

1) boss is too far away.

2)When the boss starts an attack with a long animation, it will have it's target locked in.  during this time, cat taunt will have no effect.

But this works the other way too. if the boss starts an attack just before cat taunt wears off, it will stay on the cat. if this attak is 4 second long, you get a free re-Q after..

"OMG, cat was close enough and silver Deva still pounced on me!"

Silver Deva does a slow hammer lift (at least an entire second) before the pounce's attack circle even shows. if the lift has started, it's too late to press q and you are gonna get smashed unless you iframe. wait for the pounce, and THEN press.  And, after the pounce, he will be too far from the cat, and won't go back to him. so you just wasted your entire Q.

"OMG, Junghado ignored my cat!"

Again, he has attacks with very long animations, and once they are started, his target will not change. You need to press q at a different time.

"OMG, i got pounced on and it said the target was my pet!"

Sadly, yes, that's exactly what happened.  Cat taunt doesn't affect attacks that are aimed at other positions on the aggro list.  This happens for the first time with Champion Ukaha, who can and will pounce on you without changing his aggro target.  And since you were trying to solo him, you are the only other target, and he can pounce more often than you can iframe at that level, and aims it too well to dodge (even if you are already in motion sideways you get hit), and you get pwned.

There have been two summoner nerfs so far i'm aware of. one was fixing cat taunt, which was allowing cat to actually hold aggro until you pressed q again, and one to nerf doom and bloom to only drain health from the one it was cast on.  More change are incoming, and with them the difficulty of summoner class should be re-rated.

as far as I know, nothing else has been done.

• 2 weeks later...

biggest issue i've noticed is once every couple days tab only does a single stun. usually is only a minor annoyance but wrecked pty in nexus recently.

had to explain that summoners don't have a single stun and was a glitch. Use to thing it had to do with distance from enemy but after playing around with it a lot I no longer think thats the case.

On 7/22/2016 at 1:38 PM, lagcats said:

holy shit ppl needs to wake up, summoner isn't  overpowered atm and they are probably the weakest RACE atm. Gotta fix this.

Summoner isnt the weakest at ALL. With all classes getting thweir HM skills they acelerated a bit, now it takes actual brains to be a summoner isntead of easy RMB spam.

Double stun does work, it glitches when you press tab multiple times while doing it.

Summoner nerfed many times. So focus ends very quickly now. Skills have very long time cooldown and inadequate escape skills. For this character must also be a party buffs. Summoners cant use cat in atack mode now. While the cat attack mode, Dying is easy in PVP. Other characters were strengthened in terms of damage, reduced cooldown of skills and provide additional buffs. But nothing was done for the Summoner.

22 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

Summoner nerfed many times. So focus ends very quickly now. Skills have very long time cooldown and inadequate escape skills. For this character must also be a party buffs. Summoners cant use cat in atack mode now. While the cat attack mode, Dying is easy in PVP. Other characters were strengthened in terms of damage, reduced cooldown of skills and provide additional buffs. But nothing was done for the Summoner.

Summoner wasnt nerfed in any way. What merely happened is other classes got their needed skill points with the hongmoon levels and the hongmoon skills. Summoner wasnt nerfed in fact now it actually takes a brain to win against others in pvp and not just brainless sunflower spam.

you need to manage your chi properly and know what to do when. Also cat in attack mode is perfectly viable for pvp if you know how to keep it alive and not let it die like 80% of summoners.

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Summoner wasnt nerfed in any way. What merely happened is other classes got their needed skill points with the hongmoon levels and the hongmoon skills. Summoner wasnt nerfed in fact now it actually takes a brain to win against others in pvp and not just brainless sunflower spam.

you need to manage your chi properly and know what to do when. Also cat in attack mode is perfectly viable for pvp if you know how to keep it alive and not let it die like 80% of summoners.

Can you share a pvp match videos with us? I want to see your PVP with Kungfu Master, Blade Master, Warlock and Assassin. But your cat must be in atack mode (Alley Cat). Good luck. Maybe you can win after 100 trial.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 5:24 PM, SuMMasteR said:

Can you share a pvp match videos with us? I want to see your PVP with Kungfu Master, Blade Master, Warlock and Assassin. But your cat must be in atack mode (Alley Cat). Good luck. Maybe you can win after 100 trial.

I second this request. something tells me those comments weren't written by an actual summoner >.> . any scrim against equal lvl warl/sin/destro/kfm/sf pls. and show overall win/lose rate. no getting lucky with a video against a lvl 20 since ranks reset...

Archived