legendary weapon...necessity or luxury?

frappuccino

necessity in 6months/1-2 years is not real necessity. 

right now with 550ap u can clear all the content easy. easy means everyone knows mechanics and their role.

so, everything more than 550 is just "i want to do it easier". more than scorpio is luxury and epeen. i put a  random %:  80% of true scorpio+ (if u feel offended u are part of rest 20%, calm down) cannot play, but just spent money.

@unplu99ed

but you don't have to do SSP or anything to complete all the available story up to "Chapter 33: Talk to Yunma Khan at Northreach". That is the gear on my alt that has fiished the story we have available to us.

IS there really anything else to this close world model, since the railroad has reached the end of the tracks to do when you have finished the story?

5 patches/updates away from us is the new land AFTER Silverfrost that opens up 1000 AP, AFTER Jinsoyun is.. well the story about her is over and finished.

What is the rest of the PVE without the story? It is jsut a competition to see who can upgrade their gear the fastest? Already been done on NA/EY serves, someone has max legendary weapon, max accessories and Naksun SS pieces in BiS.

Odds are current "legendary" weapons will be the same as Siren/Pirate when the newest content comes out and people wont even want them, so what do you even need to worry with it for? Moonwater high end weapon can complete the story. Get the moonwater soul upgraded to Hongmoon Energy stage 1 for +15 AP, and upgrade all your access to pirate and wait for the REAL legendary weapon to come out that doesnt evolve from your Hongmoon weapon. Save that 7000g to be able to buy it from the Market when it goes on sell and be ready to grind 100 times more than you have so far to upgrade it for the best in game weapon. Breeze/Oathbreaker/whatever is NOT the end game weapon when our patches are caught up with Asia. Since it seems they listened to payers and slowed down the release of things it will be a while to worry about getting the new content like more 6v6 dungeons, new land after Silverfrost, legendary weapons, Mushins Towers floors 20~100, and the finale of Jinsoyun storyline.

So again I say no this current "legendary" weapon isnt worth bothering with because there will be another. There is no way with how NA/EU has adjusted mobs health and other things that we would go without the weapon that brings 1000 AP unless they plan not to release that content that was jsut added in December on Asia servers.

@Shadzar

the story quest is just small part of the content, and its the easiest content.

while there are dungeons, open arena, instance locked open area dungeons battle field/ground.

and ofc pvp arena (which u don't need gear for it)

now ignoring that other content beside the story quest is might be working for you but not for all of the players.

also doin the purple dungeons lv 50 for content is nice amount of gold.

if u want to continue upgrade ur gear or getting gold you need the gear from ssp.

so saying u can be with the basic weapon for the current content its incorrect.

and some players like me  enjoying the most from gearing as of an mmo content options.

p.s just to make it clear currently you don't need the legendary for any content

On 15/05/2016 at 9:50 AM, KlausFlouride said:

Good luck staying in a group. People already *cricket* if you don't have Scorpio in blue dungeons from this update. The griefing is insane. By far this is the most anti-social game I have played. It's like Reddit made a MMO and this is it.

I can see you having a point for Asura and other 4-man and maaaaybe 6-man Yeti (though problem there is more AFKers and people screwing up the rotation than AP), but everything else? Blue dungeons of all things? Nah, True Siren IS good enough in my experience.

On 5/15/2016 at 5:57 PM, Tiropat said:

I didn't say it would be easy to get a group, I just said its easy.  My static team decided to see exactly how bad of gear you could get away with using, and assuming no one dies and your party know the mecs you can beat asura 4 man with the 194 ap weapons that drop in every dungeon in silverfrost

It's because there's a lot of buffs built into that zone that people don't know about.

The necessity depends on what you plan to be doing

1. Open world bosses, then yes otherwise the other scorpio players will start to dps harder and your chance of getting credit on the boss kills will be lower

2. Dungeoning with experience then no true pirate is okay.

i use to be able to get brilliant blk wyrm boxes with true pirate  but now i'm not even close to getting it, just the regular ones.

Archived