Forums

İF YOU ARE A PVP PLAYER DO NOT START A WARLOCK!

Kalitas

Just a friendly advice. İ m platinium most of the time and i became rank 3 warlock once. İf you are a pvp player do not start with warlock. İt is weak. Let me explain it with classes.

Fm : Just let me tell you. You have 0 chance of winning against this. They will just spam divine veil, frezee themself and run away from your V and 4 combo. They will heal themselves all the time. No matter what u do u cant win.

Kfm: An other full counter. They will just spam block, Q and E spam around your Thrall, Frezee themselves if you use your dragoncall. And 1 stun lock u are %100 dead. No escape just 1mistake and it is over. Worse part your second wind is nothing. İt is like an other F escape. İf you is before u even land they will fly to you and CC you again.

Bm: İ say your chance is %50. They have a resist skill too and if you make 1 mistake u will die. For example in a pvp recently i made Bm pulled me with Z and make a air combo with pentaslash and used lightning draw. Ta da i had %49 hp and it wasnt even started.

BD: Code word: Spam.... Spam resist, skill spam spin ,run for cd and wait for penta slash .. Fear of choke is real. They will choke you had to use yor second wind or you are dead. And they will pentaslash u stun lightning draw.... Tadaaaaa u are dead. You can only win perfect timing. You have to wait till they finish spam resists after that use leech and time destortion.. This is your only chance. And you have to be perfect while he need to be avarage...

Assasin: İ wont comment on this. Run run run hide hide hide ice bomb air combo run run run... All day they will run all day.. İt is so boring even if u win. 

Scummoner: Most *cricket*ing annoying op class. İ played on several servers before and on Playbns. İn every server they said this *cricket* is op but they have never change it. You can win if scummoners owner is bad. But even they have avarage skill they will win.

Destroyer: Only class u can win against without doing anything. And cause you know of it İt is just boring to pvp.

Let me tell you this. This game will die %100 if they dont balance out the pvp. This game is live right now cause there is no alternative mmorpg to play. This is my opinion only. Pls save the ' dont play if u dont like ' things to yourself. Thnx for reading..

This game will die if it isn't balanced in PvP?..

Sorry there isn't a MMORPG in existence, PvP or PvE sided currently released that is Balanced.

Sorry but EVERY MMO out there has a Meta, not every class will be top tier every tier, that's a proven fact and has existed longer then games itself has.

MoBAs are no more balanced, enforcing specific picks to win games due to Different Seasons Different selection of Gods become the FoTMs for that Season please do not come here and Overexaggerate.. and make it sound like this is the only game in the entire world with balancing issues, PvP or PvE Balance has NEVER KILLED A GAME, it wont start now... I'm sorry but theres MANY other PRESSING MATTERS which is losing playerbase, that has nothing to do with the current balance.

Summoners ARE Nerfed, end of the day we're enforced to follow KRS patch List, so we CANT nerf anything faster then the Specific patchs tell us too, that's out of NCWests control, KR Version saw ALL These balancing problems including more and has survived massively throughout it all.

sorry but the balancing issue isn't that bad at all.. a few classes are WAY Beneath the majority but not realistically many.

Assassin, sorry no Sin in higher Level uses PvEing in PvP its a tactic used by low ELO Players to grant easy wins, I'm sorry but if ur suffering a Massive problem with this it speaks volume about everything realistically, Sins Stop using PvE builds At plat - Diamond, sorry but a lot who are of those ranks play a Sin long term and Prolly know the combos and how to play combo sin properly.

BD, U can easily drop this guys out of chi starving them, they're Not overpowered, they cant rly spin out of WLS CC as the Effect persists and Reroots them enforcing either a Iframe or continuous Spinning to move also very squishy so u can kill em.

KFM meh debately, I hear from one they wipe the floor with us and others say they struggle against us.

Summoner isn't overpowered, Just much easier LEarning curve so playing it generally at a much higher potiental then urself Because u havnt learnt u class as well. it hasn't been overpowered for quite some time now, Players just continue to QQ on it, theres a reason nobody above gold Cares about em.. and Why KR Are so quick to say they're worthless, they're likely to be buffed Next Season Due to how bad they are... not a single one even made it past the first round in the tournaments.

your playing a Warlock, it was Overpowered as hell for a entire year, it was nerfed, maybe alittle too much, either way, if ur playing one of the Less viable classes currently don't run around saying everything else is Overpowered, each class sees the sun just like every other MMO, that's how the game works,

I cant even imagine ur Reasoning realistically.

"I'm going to play a Support class to 1v1" any idea what support means?.. it means u SUPPORT another player, U CANT SUPPORT URSELF ROFL,. it was OBVIOUS its a class not Fit for 1v1 Situations, sure it'll get buffed.. and Prolly be OP then Nerfed again, the class as far as PvP goes wont ever become balanced on the bases its built to support another.

theres more then 1 thing to PvP bns, both Team and Solo play, Differnet classes will fit different Maps Metas, Also SSP, which Warlocks are very good at, they're also good in 3v3, they're abit weak in 1v1, but sorry its a class that's balanced and a great pick for the other 90% of the game... it aint imbalanced, ur class isn't going to be perfect everywhere.

Warlocks are a Top Want in PvE, a great pick in 3v3, One of the top picks in Soulstone Plains and Alright in 6v6, they're only suffering in 1v1, and I doubt many pick a Support class for a 1v1.

Kr have tried balance classes like 3 years now? Do you expect something radical happen suddenly? New classes are almost always either overpowered or underpowered on every mmo game especially in pvp aspect. Imo warlock is not even that bad spot and their hm rb is really nice compared most of classes. And in the end you do not need compete overall rankings because rewards are based by class ranking so you most likely compete against your own class.

1 hour ago, Suna said:

Kr have tried balance classes like 3 years now? Do you expect something radical happen suddenly? New classes are almost always either overpowered or underpowered on every mmo game especially in pvp aspect. Imo warlock is not even that bad spot and their hm rb is really nice compared most of classes. And in the end you do not need compete overall rankings because rewards are based by class ranking so you most likely compete against your own class.

Class balance hjas been said to be pretty damn good lol, Its only Summoner and WL Falling off as far as tier lists go..

5 hours ago, Kalitas said:

Fm : Just let me tell you. You have 0 chance of winning against this. They will just spam divine veil, frezee themself and run away from your V and 4 combo. They will heal themselves all the time. No matter what u do u cant win.

Interesting. last time I had a warlock in 6v6 at a 1v1 moment and not only that he resisted everything the whole time, he also striked through my veil completely. So maybe it's not that "you can't win", right?

Warlock is a party animal. It can win 1v1 but if you have ever played a priest in any other mmo you know full well that supports weren't meant to solo. Get friends and enjoy being useful, or grind your matchups until you outplay your opponents. You CAN win.

12 hours ago, Kalitas said:

If you are a pvp player do not start with warlock. It is weak.

I laughed at that one. WL are NOT weak damage wise, i see it everytime whenever i mess up a combo as BM that many Warlocks are able to 100-0 me.

And tbh WL is a class for beginners, not only because half of the thinking is done by the pet but also because they have way too many resists. But i know that this wont ever change so i just deal with it and keep playing.

12 hours ago, Kalitas said:

i think youre doing it totally wrong because the only way you wont kill most classes mentioned above is if they run out of range or if u cant get your leech+time distort combo out in time(its not easy to pull leech either way because idk y the fk they resist the returning hit but take dmg from the first hit on leech and the second hit doesnt even heal them just gives us buff so its pretty stupid the resist on it)

if u pull of a succesfull leech and you have spced midle dragoncall(between first dragoncall and helix) as hm skill the only thing that can resist it are iframes.

it pierces through all def types and even if u get countered the enemy still takes some dmg(parcial not full though) and he cant counter all the 6 dragoncall you can launch at almost same time.

with the right dragoncall leech+time distort combo you can pull 4 dragoncall easy off and 3 of them will hit if he doesnt run at least.

also independing of whatever tier u use leech and dragoncall go through petal storm/smoke bomb/divine veil.

currently the only way to avoid dmg from dragoncall is full imunity iframes(petal and smoke arent full imunity) or stay out of range.

as for sins on low tiers if u save ur VCZ thats enough to finish any of them easy.

PS: this is just theory + a bit of experience i have from pvp with wl my max rank was around 1800.

PSS: side note sumoners are the easiest to beat if they arent using hacks with wl(well destro is easier but im not counting destro) since they dont have many iframes if u pull a leech right u can triger time distort and finish any sumoner in 5 secs (u can pull of 4 dragoncalls 3 wingstorms) even if they get stealthed they are tracked and dragoncall will hit them out of it. the only problem is trigering the combo once u triger that combo pretty much every oponent that u fight is almost dead

23 hours ago, Kalitas said:

Just a friendly advice. İ m platinium most of the time and i became rank 3 warlock once. İf you are a pvp player do not start with warlock. İt is weak. Let me explain it with classes.

Kfm: An other full counter. They will just spam block, Q and E spam around your Thrall, Frezee themselves if you use your dragoncall. And 1 stun lock u are %100 dead. No escape just 1mistake and it is over. Worse part your second wind is nothing. İt is like an other F escape. İf you is before u even land they will fly to you and CC you again.

Bm: İ say your chance is %50. They have a resist skill too and if you make 1 mistake u will die. For example in a pvp recently i made Bm pulled me with Z and make a air combo with pentaslash and used lightning draw. Ta da i had %49 hp and it wasnt even started.

BD: Code word: Spam.... Spam resist, skill spam spin ,run for cd and wait for penta slash .. Fear of choke is real. They will choke you had to use yor second wind or you are dead. And they will pentaslash u stun lightning draw.... Tadaaaaa u are dead. You can only win perfect timing. You have to wait till they finish spam resists after that use leech and time destortion.. This is your only chance. And you have to be perfect while he need to be avarage...

Assasin: İ wont comment on this. Run run run hide hide hide ice bomb air combo run run run... All day they will run all day.. İt is so boring even if u win. 

Scummoner: Most *cricket*ing annoying op class. İ played on several servers before and on Playbns. İn every server they said this *cricket* is op but they have never change it. You can win if scummoners owner is bad. But even they have avarage skill they will win.

Destroyer: Only class u can win against without doing anything. And cause you know of it İt is just boring to pvp.

As a platinum warlock from EU, I agree with every letter. LOL 

Agree with many of the points, (Top 10 WL on NA ladder), I just think at high-level play, the potential of WL decreases in comparison to other classes. You aren't given many opportunities to "outplay" your opponent, it's really all about capitalizing on their mistakes and making none yourself. Plus you're literally fighting the most annoying builds for each class. Against WL each class will spec every resist possible they have, and sins on the other hand will just PvE you. 

You have no gap closers so your chasing people around the map, hoping that they wasted their resists (hell people use trinklet like nothing vs WL since we can hardly punish that). I have more fun on my other classes; but because HM levels and HM skills take so long I'm stuck playing my WL lol, avoid it while you can. 

I did try HM RMB though, it's underwhelming for me because you need enough ping to get enough RMBs in the air combos, and honestly I prefer using summoner bees, much more damage and way faster. 

The fact that classes can evade while using their combo makes it even more annoying, because our thrall can't interrupt their 50% hp combos. Furthermore, we have to be able to target them to use our thrall's Q, so if we're unlucky enough to not have our opponent targeted, we're dead. 

The worst part is how useless our trinklet is, and we can get tech chased any time we use it. 

İ opened this topic for PVP players. İ didint meant QQ thread. And when i read the answers all other warlock players agreed with me. İ hope PVP players take this seriously and dont start with a Warlock and have fun with game.

Wrong title, it should havwe been ; If you are a pvp player, don't play BnS :)

Seriously, i'm pvp addicted, I've always been. Tried many mmorpgs and in all of them, i spent most of my time doing pvps. But somehow, i don't feel like pvping in BnS. I can't believe how people think that BnS is the best pvp game, and if i had the authority, i would never include BnS in e-sports. It's not select-target, not non-target either. Some classes deal +12k damage with a single air combo by just pressing 2 buttons and you can't escape from it even if you have your escape skill. Lag is an issue in every game, but BnS brings it to another level.

If you guys want to compare pvp, i suggest you to watch C9 ( Continent of the 9th Seal ) pvp videos. I've played that game for 3 years and every second i spend in BnS, i miss it more and more. But unfortunately, greedy companies waste these kind of games.

On 14.05.2016 at 2:33 PM, Kalitas said:

Let me tell you this. This game will die %100 if they dont balance out the pvp. This game is live right now cause there is no alternative mmorpg to play. This is my opinion only. Pls save the ' dont play if u dont like ' things to yourself. Thnx for reading..

hm... i can said u suck at pvp... im warlock , can reach plat ( this season) if not over bored and have time, cuz have many chrsters.
so 
good fm - yeah its only pretty op enemy against wl, but belive me, tehre is not a lot of good fms :)
for some fms u better use time warp and DC.
for some is better soulburn and helix( mostly).
just seek what escapes does it have :)

kfm, may be u stop sitting under you're thrall?:)  it can pulls and stun, its can save u from grab or get extra controll but this doesnot make u to give a freee iframes to kfm. 
only a few kfm have good skill and ping to rip wl ...so its you;re fault.

sin if he chose run tactics, pf, stay at good damn corner use helix, if u're good wl, hp trading in corner will mostly go in you're side ( 100%! ) so its forces sin , if he wants to win, go to the close combat, and yeah wl do like close combats xD

bm, every class against good bm dies in one combo, but if u can break his combo his is out, why? bm mostly have couldown longer then any class..

know you're enemy.

destoyers ... food yes.
scumoners, mate u kidding me? they both die pretty same time xD u;re god of hell aoe damage, just be more offensive, begin the *cricket*.

i rembember plat tag match when killed 2 and 50% of scummoners per one time limit...

most problem of pvp is that u didnt know enemy class.

well i main play bm, have 50 wlm 50 bd, exping cat and sin now...

if u want be good in pvp, really good, u need to play all 8 classes , then u will see that no one u will rock... but after, a lot of tries and loses, u will understand what every cal3ss fears, how does he fails tab of retreat or q\e , and u can kill them...

in this season i didnt do alot pvp xD so when i started daily as bm i went from bronze, got 3 more scumoners ( pretty powerfull class against bm as now skill bal3ance) u know, i reaped 2 of them in one combo, they're not a bots, they tried something.. but..(

and 3rd one was pretty good , and we got 3 fight :) btw i won xD

and few word about wl, wl is dope shit!

against every class u need to get a special skill build and position to play.

i reached gold as wl at lvl 26 or 28 smth like that, last season while i played reached plat... until i got plat i saw a 101 and one warlock who died cut off me like 20% hp..)

On 14/05/2016 at 5:59 PM, TwoPunchMan092 said:

I laughed at that one. WL are NOT weak damage wise, i see it everytime whenever i mess up a combo as BM that many Warlocks are able to 100-0 me.

And tbh WL is a class for beginners, not only because half of the thinking is done by the pet but also because they have way too many resists. But i know that this wont ever change so i just deal with it and keep playing.

Actually no. We have 3 resists at max and only 1 of those are consistently useful  and only one other has a low cooldown

1) F repulse, gives us a 1s window only if specced into with it being so slow its not reactive. CD 36s
2) Z bastion, same as  LBM/BD heal instead of speed buff 5 hits isnt  much to stop most classes CD 36s
3) SS shadow step, resist on use or if specced into 1s resist in addition after use at expense of root/snare. CD 9s changes to 12 with 1s resist after cast.
1 isnt practical, and 3 is saved for when we ourselves are rooted. That leaves us with only 1 feasible resist skill for 5 hits. 
For a LBM/BD grab and stab

Where Warlocks have many resists would be Time distortion allowing multiple recasts of Z -- Bastion. CD on Time Distortion is 3 mins with another 1 min global debuff.
So once per round and if you're force grabbed out of it then problems occur. Kite for 10s and thats the end of Time Distortion fear.

If you didnt create a perfect situation for using time distortion, they run with your only hope being to waste their escapes, pin'em down and deal damage from 100 to 0.

With FM's they seem to have 6 escapes to warlock's 2. Plus their root has no cooldown and freezes you in one direction for long durations.

The only strategy i see is to cc, air combo and instant dragoncall.
Switching soulshackle to air combo cc'd enemies helps but at the expense of range and no longer wasting their escapes/trinkets.

We could use Deepwound to stop their healing but it means warlocks have almost none at that point.

Perhaps it is balanced and I somehow am missing the obvious path for Warlocks to win in these painful matches that make pvp as forgiving and balanced for us too.
To me it feels like a 1:9 in FM favour.

There's some pretty good warlocks out there , I sparred with Tenah yesterday he's not  like other warlocks.

Most warlocks out there just depend on the Thrall by summoning it and going inside it so tey're not targeted one (meat shield) But once that Thrall is gone, it's game over, unless you know how to fight without the Thrall.

• 1 month later...

Warlocks are the lowest tier class at the momet in blade and soul pvp period, do not argue or try to change the fact that Warlocks are so so so so so bad.

1: Slow animation
2: Lack of iframes
3: So many glitches
4: You need all the H.M skills to be able to do something in pvp
5: Long ass cooldowns
6: Lowest HP in pvp
7: Check the 1st page of Class ranking for pvp, only 1 Warlock is there. (NA Server)

@TwoPunchMan092 You have no idea what you're saying, Warlocks need so much work insane amount of hard work to be able to be a good warlock, check the ranks and tell me how many Warlocks in the 1st page.

Do not argue, don't give me false fanboys reasons, Warlocks is bad, and weak don't argue, don't .

2 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

Warlocks were fairly balanced last season. But it seems that KFM, Assassins and Destroyers are the top tiers.

Do you play the same game we play? Blade and Soul?
Balanced how? there was only two Warlocks in the 1st page of Ranking in EU, and 1 Warlock in the 1st page in NA, what do you mean by balanced? LOL

1 hour ago, DannyInfect said:

So only 3 people knew how to play a warlock the right way

Dude i am rank 9 on NA, so stop being a smartbutt.
I am talking generally, Warlock is a low tier, if you don't want to understand how things are, go check the over all class ranks, and tell me how many Warlocks are there.

I think warlocks can do fine if they get their hm skills and fair amount levels, but that require so much time and effort so it is easier enter pvp with other classes than warlock. Also their pet is kinda retard that trigger counter everyday.

10 hours ago, Hamoud said:

Dude i am rank 9 on NA, so stop being a smartbutt.
I am talking generally, Warlock is a low tier, if you don't want to understand how things are, go check the over all class ranks, and tell me how many Warlocks are there.

I Was saying they were good last season, since when did I say they were good this season.

Archived