Will the missing idle facial animations ever be fixed?

Kami Sama

Looking at the in-game and wardrobe side by side it does seem the in-game model moves a tad bit faster, although on my lyn its really not noticeable at all. I'm glad they're back though. Hopefully if people see anything wrong they'll post it here/on the forums again so that it might get fixed completely.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad they're back and that the issue is being recognized at least.  I think I'll have to make a video of my jin males though because I can see where animation frames aren't playing and meshing smoothly still DX (I don't mean to sound picky, I actually just want to help NCsoft localize the issue so it's as perfect as it was on launch )

Yes, it's a male Lyn Warlock, I just find it odd because my Male sum and Male BD obviously both lyns have just fine animations if not just a tad fast. Perhaps i should do a file repair...Later..

Hmm, well I can confirm my male jin blademaster is glitchy, but looking much better than he was when the animations were completely gone. He has the same glitchy frames as my warlock right now though his face is moving (Yay!) So I don't think it's just warlocks (Is your warlock a male/female and what race? I can make a test character if you have a lyn warlock to see if I get the same lack of animation)

Okay so after doing a file repair, it changed..A little? He's sometimes stone faced but his animations are extremely off, his eyes will twitch a bit but he's in this almost eternal frown/pout mouth opening thing instead of the little sniffing/smirk lyns usually do.

I can confirm that female Lyn Warlock idle animation is still not working properly, haven't tried a file repair though.

edit: the face actually feels even more solid, I mean, that's some serious poker face :P

This is a short gif i took so if anyone else can confirm, I guess it's just Lyn Warlocks? He'll do that kind of eye closing mouth opening thing for a few rotations mixed with his full body animations before going completely stone faced with the frown kind of stuck. Then proceed back into the pout-y mouth thing again. At first i thought maybe the class had its own kind of facial animations but i highly doubt that's the case.

BnS%20animations%20off_zpsupyf6sah.gif

Looks like you've got some slight muscle movement in the brows and eyes but the rest of the animations are missing, I noticed on my jins males that mouth animations except for a few glitchy ones are also still gone. Gonna make a warlock lyn to confirm (but can confirm already that he's doing something similar to my jin lock whom I notice has a bit less expression than my bm)

Also, that's a darn good looking warlock, love the color scheme

ETA: The sync of the lyn's pupils seems to be better than the jins

Thanks, I'm really fond of him, more-so than my other two, which is why i'm so bummed that he's the one with the more messed up animations. Lol. So it does seem that it is a Warlock malfunction, unless anyone has noticed anything big with their other classes?

Alright, tried file repair, my female Lyn Warlock still have a darn good poker face in-game, but she looks even more sinister and scheming in character select. File repair seems to have fixed my Blade Dancer's and Force Master's twitchy eyes though, the animation speed seems alright now too.

So another thing i've noticed is when my lock picks something up, I.E. Carrying a body, plant ect. for a quest his facial animations actually return and he looks fine. Then i'll put it down and he'll go completely stone-faced again. So hopefully NCW will continue to work on it since it seems something glitched somewhere but it seems like it'd be an easy fix since the animations are there, just not working at the proper times.

Today everything seems fine for me. Every character including my warlock have animations. Facial animations have also returned in the character creation. I'm very happy.

Great job team! Hopefully the loose ends will be tied up soon for anyone still having issues. If I notice any problems I will post here. So far so good though =)

Question, Is your Lock a Jin or lyn? Cause this is what my lock looks like 99% of the time, Yndril's lyn has no expression too, unless theirs got fixed. It's really bugging me cause he won't even blink until he goes full body animation, lol.
.ezgif.com-resize_zpskzyxgffb.gif

Mine is a Jin. That's really strange... =/

I will make a Lyn warlock now to see if I have the same problem and then edit this post.

Edit @Akrtic:

Yes I have the same issue with a Lyn Warlock. So far this seems to be the only race/class combo that has no animations.
My Lyn FM is perfectly fine. Very strange indeed. ><

That's why i was wondering if anyone else had it, cause my Sum and BD and lyn FM are all fine it's just my lyn warlock. I might take it to support, but from reading past comments about this situation i don't know if they'd completely understand. So i wonder if it'll be like talking to a confused brick wall.

On 6/1/2016 at 7:07 AM, Arktic said:

This is a short gif i took so if anyone else can confirm, I guess it's just Lyn Warlocks? He'll do that kind of eye closing mouth opening thing for a few rotations mixed with his full body animations before going completely stone faced with the frown kind of stuck. Then proceed back into the pout-y mouth thing again. At first i thought maybe the class had its own kind of facial animations but i highly doubt that's the case.

BnS%20animations%20off_zpsupyf6sah.gif

What it looks like from your gifs is that he's missing just one half of his facial idle animations. I played this gif next to my BD in game and he has the same expression rotation as your character here ^^ he does the same pout-y mouth thing.
What I've found though is, and I don't know if it's just Lyn M or all races, they do certain idles facing left and then different idles facing right. 
This one his body is turned to the right (his left) and it seems to be working correctly.

1 hour ago, Arktic said:

Question, Is your Lock a Jin or lyn? Cause this is what my lock looks like 99% of the time, Yndril's lyn has no expression too, unless theirs got fixed. It's really bugging me cause he won't even blink until he goes full body animation, lol.

This one though his body is turned to the left (his right) and it looks like just that face idle is missing. This one should be the rolling eyes and nose twitch one with a little smile. I'd put an example but dunno how to make gifs lol.

The full-body idles are different depending on which way the body is facing too. He'll go through the left-facing cycle for a while then do a different animation which switches him to right-facing. Goes through right-facing cycle for a while then animation back to left. 

Left-facing animations = look side to side, turn in a circle, crouch and look at the ground.
Right-facing animations = sway side to side, arm stretches, turn to look at his tail and wiggle it :P

Oh youre right. After waiting a little and he shifted to a different standing position he went back to the right facing animations and his facials came back. So it's the left-facing animations that are broke i guess?

Edit: After looking at my sum i realize why i never noticed a difference between the stances is because my sum never goes into the right facing animations/never changes his stance. Wonder if that's intentional.

Hey just wanna shout out a huge thank you to the devs for getting the facial expressions working again, and to rukkiri for forwarding this thread to them, and also to everyone who posted all the screenshot/video/gif evidence that the expressions were indeed broken.

Thanks everyone!

On 2016-06-02 at 0:24 AM, Arktic said:

Yes, my little female Lyn Warlock would still be a pro at poker, at least until she goes into the second set of idle animations, the ones where female Lyn stretches and then put their hands together and hold their right index-finger. Her idle animations in that stance (although with slightly twitchy eyes) is working.

Does anyone have a problem in which the character becomes stone-faced during action like emotes, Windwalk, and Dragon Pulse? My Momo has her facial expression normal at first, but when then if the action happens for a long time, her poker face returns and she keeps glaring at me, and I have to reset her face by jumping.

• NCSOFT

Thank you everyone for you updates regarding most of the idle animations returning. We will be sure to let the team know that there are still some hiccups with the animations, particularly with Warlocks. 

Archived