Forums

Will the missing idle facial animations ever be fixed?

Kami Sama

2 hours ago, weaponzero said:

Sorry, but we aren´t talking about the standard facial animations that are in the game right now.

Look in character select screen, zoom closer. There, my char´s pupils are moving and even adjusting, eyelids are opening and closing, mouth area has little movements which bring the face to life. These little extras are missing in the game currently, there are animations, but they are reduced. I am playing with all settings maxed plus enhanced (with SSAA on my oc´ed  6700k and oc´ed 970). It´s not that.

Sometimes, it´s the little details that matter and i feel in BnS it´s the character detail which ads a lot to the immersion of the game. ;)

You're talking about the lip twitch and smirk on lyn, and whatever else it is on other races. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Tiger posted is an excellent example of the glitch, you can see her blink once in the first picture, then her head jerks slightly where the animations that SHOULD be there are suddenly absent, and she cycles through the broken animations all over again

7 minutes ago, Inugami said:

What Tiger posted is an excellent example of the glitch, you can see her blink once in the first picture, then her head jerks slightly where the animations that SHOULD be there are suddenly absent, and she cycles through the broken animations all over again

The head jerk is the gif resetting lol...

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about a much subtler head jerk that happens. It happens to all of my characters in game, constantly. Again, if you feel that you have the correct animations please post proof.

1 hour ago, QueenSheba said:

You're talking about the lip twitch and smirk on lyn, and whatever else it is on other races. 

If you understand what we're talking about, please post a video of your current character blinking, eyes looking around, eye size changing, eyebrow muscles moving, mouth muscles moving, etc. Also a little wink or smirk here and there. That's how it was and this is what's missing.

If your character is definitely fine, then that would help with the investigation.

53 minutes ago, Nattia said:

To be honest I like it when my character doesn't make faces all the time and shift eyes constantly like she's nervous. I like it the way it is now...

I understand, but it's not really like they're nervous. We as real humans look around all the time. Our eyes are always moving wayyyy more than what WAS in game lol
The original animations never gave me an issue with screenshots either. I always had a variety of expressions and my characters looked lifelike. I had many more screenshots in the beginning from all the expressions and motions my characters made.
NOW every single screenshot I take looks exactly the same no matter where I am. Same face. Same expression. No life. It's like taking a picture of a picture ><

Edit:

Also in the original animations, your character gives you a few subtle expressions and still blinks when locking eyes with the camera. Now all they do is stare at you unblinking and unmoving.
It makes ME nervous when my character is staring at me with zero expression or movement like he's possessed.

6U2hfbF.gif

A longer loop of my gif.

Left: The current dead-stare,
The character only blinks to shift their head to look at the camera, they don't blink or shift their eyes or eyebrows, not even purse their lips.
Their pupils only follows the camera.
This issue began once Blood Shade Harbor's patch was implemented and hasn't been fixed since.

Right: The original emotions and character reactions. 
This is also visible in the character select screen, and also visible when using attack animations until your character sheathes their weapon.

Another example from the character select screen:
7GZ7TX3.gif

For those wondering about lowered settings, I'm not sure if it's for everyone, but I still get the emotions with everything lowered.
EKaU519.gif

Jin Male slight smirk:
ke9O9CE.gif

58 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

I understand, but it's not really like they're nervous. We as real humans look around all the time. Our eyes are always moving wayyyy more than what WAS in game lol
The original animations never gave me an issue with screenshots either. I always had a variety of expressions and my characters looked lifelike. I had many more screenshots in the beginning from all the expressions and motions my characters made.
NOW every single screenshot I take looks exactly the same no matter where I am. Same face. Same expression. No life. It's like taking a picture of a picture ><

Edit:

Also in the original animations, your character gives you a few subtle expressions and still blinks when locking eyes with the camera. Now all they do is stare at you unblinking and unmoving.
It makes ME nervous when my character is staring at me with zero expression or movement like he's possessed.

maybe it looks better on other races but my lyn looks extra anxious with these animations, takes a few tries to take a nice looking screenshot. to each their own though :) I just personally don't mind current state of events :P

3 minutes ago, Nattia said:

maybe it looks better on other races but my lyn looks extra anxious with these animations, takes a few tries to take a nice looking screenshot. to each their own though :) I just personally don't mind current state of events :P

Well...I'm happy for you that you actually don't mind what we have now xD
It frustrates me out of my mind >< lol
To each his/her own. Though this is a bug so it will end up getting fixed eventually.

I HAVE heard that originally lowering a setting in the graphics section may remove these animations, but I'm not certain.

Broken friends list, broken idle animations, broken dialogue, worse optimization since the CN launch of bns.. i dont understand why west is getting treated this way *sigh*

they made almost 20 million dollars off of us already is that not enough to hire some more people & get this stuff sorted out? its been months... of things breaking and not hardly any info on why things are like this..

5 minutes ago, Dearsren said:

I'm glad they finally fixed it. Litte muscle movements, smile, blinking, eye movement. All is here again for me :D

They did not fix this issue. You must be mistaking broken animations for the correct ones. If you feel that you have the correct animations, please post a gif or video of your character as this will help us localize the problem for ncsoft.

ah damn i think you are right v.v i just was so happy to see her face moving :/

R3uh0gT.gif

that are not the animations like the F3 ones. I think she only looks like she would with idle body Animation without moving body/head

i figured out she only does this wrong face animation if she start to do the idle body animation and i move a step and stop

Yeah what you have there is the broken animation cycle unfortunately :{ Many characters have those minimal blinking/eye movements but they still lack the subtler ones that they used to have D: Very pretty character by the way!

ETA: I just want to point out, also, that female characters seem to have more blinking/smiling still present than male characters do. My lady blademaster also has the animations featured in the above gif after I checked her, but they don't go through a complete cycle.

2 hours ago, Dearsren said:

ah damn i think you are right v.v i just was so happy to see her face moving :/

R3uh0gT.gif

that are not the animations like the F3 ones. I think she only looks like she would with idle body Animation without moving body/head

i figured out she only does this wrong face animation if she start to do the idle body animation and i move a step and stop

This has happened to me a few times where my character's face actually starts moving and I got all excited. But it's totally random and only has happened to me a total of 3 times since march.
Thing is with this "apparent" animation, it's awkward and slow. Like your character's face is desperately trying to animate but it's not working out so well. It's screwed up.

Just checked all my characters anyway and they are still the same. The wardrobe animations are what we should have once this is fixed.

Edit:
Yea like you mentioned, that animation is pretty much what your character does when they turn their body and look around. It's like their body didn't move this time but their face did instead. So strange...

2 hours ago, Inugami said:

Yeah what you have there is the broken animation cycle unfortunately :{ Many characters have those minimal blinking/eye movements but they still lack the subtler ones that they used to have D: Very pretty character by the way!

ETA: I just want to point out, also, that female characters seem to have more blinking/smiling still present than male characters do. My lady blademaster also has the animations featured in the above gif after I checked her, but they don't go through a complete cycle.

sometimes she does randomly 1 Blink but it's really rare and then continuous staring everyone to death.

On 21/5/2016 at 1:41 AM, TigerKFM said:

Here's my video from when Name Reservation began. (Best watched in HD)
The facial expressions are prominent here, and if you were to create a new character now a days, they'd have the same blank stare.

I kinda like the blank stare for when creating a character. I remember when i first made my character right at launch i was so annoyed about how i had to wait for her to stop making silly faces so i could see what her face actually looked like.
In game it sucks not having them though, added an extra something.

So with the new update being today, I've noticed my Sum and Bd's facial animations have returned! However upon logging in i noticed my warlock doesnt have any, i'm wondering if this is because the class came after they disappeared. Can anyone else confirm that their characters have moving animations again that their warlock does not? Or if anyone with a warlock still has a stone-face character?

I need to check my other characters, but what I have is broken, twitchy animations on my jin male warlock, as though they tried to return the facial animations that used to be there and still didn't get it right. Like, the timing of when his eyes and the rest of his face moves is completely off causing his pupils to roll up and show the whites. There's more animation than there used to be but it's still off/broken DX

ETA: Watching him, it's like it's there the way it used to be, but not smooth. It jerks and glitches, and it seems like some animations that are supposed to be fast are too slow, and some that are supposed to be slow jerk through too fast. Pupil movement doesn't seem to be in sync with facial muscles? It's really weird but at least they are trying XD

Archived